About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 5 October 2014

ARTastic CHALLENGE for OCTOBER:

Good day, scrapper friends:) It's time for our new challenge up at ARTastic. Here's the LOVELY [& very Australian, I must say!] inspiration painting:
I think most Aussies up north really LOVE our Jacaranda trees! 
And the CRITERIA for this month? Vintage - scrap a photo OVER 30 years old. 
I took a smidgeon of the purple & green colours, then added a lot of brown [it IS a vintage LO!!!]....threw in some butterflies, feathers & flowers - since this painting is set in the outdoors...& that parasol? Luckily I'd won some chippy ones from Wycinanka....so it found a home here, too:)
 That 'forever & ever' button is also from Wycinanka....the delicate parasol is below:
 Some older Prima blooms...& the accordion one is from my scrappy mate, Tone-Lil...who happens to be on the ARTastic team as well...so of COURSE it had to go on!!!
 A while ago, Kait R used these LOVELY die cut butterflies---when I said how gorgeous they are, she sent me some! Looove them still:)
 This is Tom's Mum in 1949 - I've done a pile of background stamping. The 'shine' I thought was really appropriate...bride's always DO shine, I think....& below is a little Dusty Attic house & fence - the frame is also Dusty Attic:
 I've tucked some tickets under - they were the perfect colour, too....my journaling:

 
 Here's my whole page. I was really happy with this one.....dunno why...it just came together easily, which was NICE!!!!
I do hope this has inspired you to join us at ARTastic this month:):)
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: And this one is just for you, MANDY DODD ~ our Wisteria
It has been just exquisite this spring....the smell is delicious & it looks soooo pretty!

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Lizzy, I have been waiting for you to post this. Love the strip journalling , a gorgeous vintage page
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A timeless, elegance about this precious page Lizzy. I love the soft tones and the chippy frame, combined with flowers and feathers. A truly heartwarming story of "forever love". The little parasol and the house are perfect touches. Interesting tha you love purple in nature ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh I have that punch you used and I need to pull it back out!!! I spotted that on the sides with the brown! This page makes me so happy AND you used flowers! Did that canvas you did just a bit ago getting you on the side of flowers! ;-) Love that wisteria! We are on the fall side of things so you'll have to keep it up for me! After fall comes that....ugh! WHITE STUFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!!! I loveeeeeeee this! LOVING that photo, the colors and the feathers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your attention to detail just pulls me in every time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lizzy I love this! I love the story, the terrific photo and the restrained use of purple on a vintage lo! It's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really precious photo Lizzy! And love the vintage feel, love the parasol, and the fence too! And I hope you have a great week ahead! And pretty wisteria Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!! Such a gorgeous creation Lizzy....lots of gorgeous vintage elements....Love this! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh!! What can I say but JEALOUS jealous jealous jealous jealous of your wisteria... that's it.... I need to get to the nursery and get me some more! (moved from house with many to house with none!) Truly, your wisteria is just HEAVENLY and beautiful. What is it about it that seems so classic. For a minute when I opened your post and saw the artastic inspo pic - thought the wisteria would be part of that... but instead got and eyeful of equally beautiful proportions of your vintage LO - the feathers and little parasol looks gorgeous together - and what a lovely pic too!
    ANYWAY.. (before this turns into a novel) I've been over at 365 and saw your post on your scrappy space and saw a certain something that I know I might have to take a pic here to show you!! Now................................



    there's some suspense ....................




    heh heh heh.............

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh and your query on Unscripted... could not agree more about having more than a week... will 'try' to put the idea forward.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so lovely Lizzy!!! Your page is gorgeous and the story behind it so heartwarming!! Love, love, love this!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - what a stunning vintage layout and is that purple I see in there... Why Yes I think it is. :P you so scrap with purple and you don't hate it :D Love the feathers... Your wisteria is just gorgeous. Mine is just coming into flower now :D YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classic. LOVE the background stamping and the lovely details here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so nice to read the journaling on your lovely and gorgeous page Lizzy...What a fantastic life ..... and I am glad you found a use for the acordian flower, and what a fab page to use it on.
    ps I am off for a peak over at 365, Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, gorgeous page. Your journaling is absolutely amazing. I love the photo and you scrapped it beautifully, my friend! You used the inspiration art to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely vintage page ! loved the journaling,purple doily/flower and the aged butterfly..Awesome !

    Isn't the Jacaranda tree Beautiful ! I saw It first time away from my home town some 10 yrs back ,was so mesmerized by its beautifully colored flowers that I instantly called my dad to know about this tree ! Got its name Jacaranda ! None in my home town :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)