About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 27 September 2014

SCRAP OUR STASH #18 & 123 CHALLENGE

The other day we had the Grand Boy over for his usual Friday day at Ours, when a cement mixer/truck arrived over the road. I'm not sure he'd ever seen one in RL before - or at least this close up, & he was fascinated. But he's fascinated by 'diggers' 'trains' 'buses' 'twucks'...such a boy!
Scrap Our Stash actually has what they call a 'Back to School' Challenge...well, in Oz we've been back at school since late January. However, I joined in!
I've used Ruled/lined paper from List A, then from List B I've got alphas, numbers, paper clips & rulers [washi tape & ribbon].
 That ribbon like a ruler came with some Zeus & Zoe goodies....really nice!!!! And those Glitz 'scrabble' letters are a firm fave:)
 He always has this expression when he's concentrating. Soo cute!!! I rather enjoyed lining up my paper clips:)
 Part of my title 'U ♥ Cement Trucks'...the wood arrows have been coloured in with my Pitt Artists pen...
I was happy I got these 3 photos in....don't you love the little platform Tom made by the fence [bottom R] so he could stand & watch. We made it a bit higher later on....saved holding him!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--------------------------------
123 CHALLENGE 
Heard the call for more entries into 123 this month....so I answered at the last minute!
I think maybe the khaki put peeps off??? Here's the challenge:

& using 'emphasise' wasn't the easiest!
I did my LO.....
...then re-looked at the criteria. SHOOT! Or some similar word may have issued forth from my mouth!
I was sooo busy getting the 'emphasise' in & the khaki...forgot about the hidden journaling. After I'd photographed it, edited them etc etc. Of COURSE!!!!!
BTW...the journaling reads:
This photo really emphasises how you're beginning to use imaginative play. I'm really noticing this developmental milestone. And, of course, loving it almost as much as you! You ADORE pretend games - like being a pirate here...or playing at being shop keeper when we go down to the Play Ground. I eat a LOT of leaf/sand/bark sandwiches that I buy off you! I pray you will ALWAYS have an active imagination. Lucas Knight....etc etc
Sooooo.....I made some FLAPS to create hidden journaling. Not easy. And HERE is my final LO:
I like it better!!! Some closies - a lot of the goodies are from JOY TAYLOR's giveaway:
 


Thanks for looking at these late in the month entries.....& as always,
Happy Scrapping
Lizzy ♥♥♥

30 comments:

  1. Love them both but the first one is now a fave, love the washi especially the green with stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous work Lizzy! I adore the colours in the first one and the very cute lift up flaps in the second. You clever little Vegemite you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful! You just might create better under time pressure! Love the 3 photos in the first one and brilliant save with the journalling on the second one.... And thanks so much for joining in at the 123 challenge blog this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top layout, very clever title and love the photo's and the story you tell , very clever take on the challenge. The second layout , so very clever making the flaps for your journalling, you are one clever cookie. Boy I have used the word clever a lot in this post, but I guess it is because you are :) Always inspiring visiting here

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such talent, Lizzy! I absolutely LOVE both of these layout. The first one is so creative and fun..that title is awesome and pure genius, too. And your second one has such a cool sunburst design. Absolutely wonderful. You amaze me, my friend. Where do you find the time to make each and every layout a masterpiece, and also participate in so many challenges. You go girl! And thank you for always visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colorful creations! Just love the photo of your young lad peeking over the fence - adorable!! Well good for you using the word "emphasize" at all, let alond hidden journaling. I think challenge blogs often take the challenge part waaaaay too far!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* you are soooooooooooo amazing!!!! I love love love love these ... the colors, the photos, the titles, all the extra details ... GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy...I love this very much... my favourite! Great idea with the journaling. It wasn't easy for me as well with the word "emphasise". Had to ask a friend what to do with it....lol Thanks for playing with us at 123 Challenge Blog. Hugs, Merry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! this is stunning. Love all the elements. A perfect take on the school challenge. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the challenge! Love all the color! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your creativity Lizzy! Your designs rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like diggers too! And Twucks! So cute! Adorable little step up you guys came up with so he could peep over the fence! Love the second page too with the dress up and the new extra hidden journaling! ;) Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So innovative and a great save with the flaps. Love these little boy pages, probably because we have so many in our own lives. The bench at the fence is perfect for catching sight of the world at work, especially the machines, which little boys seem to be fascinated by. How wonderful that you get to eat sand, dirt and leaves as well; must be a staple in many a Granny's life. Joyous, life affirming and fun pages :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both great layouts. Love the first one particularly. The photos are so cute and love the busyness of it. Great save on the second layout. Don't you just hate missing a criteria!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layouts and awesome job with the Back to School challenge! Thank you for linking up with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Lizzy you are a busy lady. I LOVE that first layout with the clean background and the bright colour and stunning pics. My fave to say the least I love it. Great save on the second one too.. wow... not sure I would have thought to do that. You are by far and away one of my fave scrappers. You are like a little chameleon embracing all your different styles.... I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome LO Lizzy, love what you have done with the challenge, love the background too. Thanks for joining us 123 Challenge Blog this month 😃

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome pages, both of them!! Love the title in your first a lot!! and that your page is so "full", there's so much to see!! That top photo is soooo cute! In the second page I love how you solved the hidden journaling problem! You're so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow wow wow !!!!!! such amazing creations here Lizzy , you have put so much personality into these .. loveeeeeeeeeeeeee them x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these pages! So fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how colorful and full of patterns and textures these are! Great LO's!!! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woohoo for joining in over @ 123 Challenge Blog...thank you! :) I love your take on the challenge & very clever hidden journaling! I love your 'cement truck' page too, great design with the washi.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such sweet pages! Both are just amazing.......Love the cement trucks page....such a great design and a super way to use scraps. The photo is just amazing....that little face of wonderment is just gorgeous! The pirate page is just so fun and super too! Your grandie is at such a sweet age......enjoy every litle moment!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous pages. The photos are just sooooooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Lizzy, beautiful work as always. I just love how you have done the hidden journaling. I love both LO's and the colors are stunning. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such beautiful layouts! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for playing with Scrap Our Stash! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lizzy - you did it - a super fun and striking take on the challenge - just love the fun you created!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the 123 Challenge Blog - you are so welcome everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great layout - thanks for entering the 123 challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)