About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Scrap Around the World Challenge

Good day my friends! Today I’m joining in with SCRAP AROUND THEWORLD. They’ve a GORGEOUS mood board, created by Amy Voorthuis
I’ve taken the blue colour & ethereal feel of the top L image – creating a dream world of castles – which fits right in with the quote about Fairy Tales!
The castles chippy is MOLOSSI from a win over at FEELING SKETCHY. And the title alphas are from a challenge prize provided by SCRAPPY CANARY.
I’ve also used some DUSTY ATTIC chippy – the hinge around the photo - which I got from a win over at OFF THE RAILS [before I joined the team!!!] 
 The books on the mood board made me remember [FINALLY] to use some old book paper, & the metal in the picture prompted me to use some gold – embossing on the bg & Inka Gold on the chippy & also around the photo. 
 I even added some gold to the cork chevrons! Thanks for the enamel dots, Sandi T:) And of course, I 'had' to add some flair!!!
This Ormulu badge one came from a giveaway over at POLKA DOT CREATIVE....there are some more going on atm, so well worth checking out!!
I really enjoyed trying to think ‘outside the box’ for this challenge - & this present stage of my life really IS like a ‘fairy tale’…..so I’m wallowing in it while it lasts!!!
Thanks for looking & happy scrapping – Lizzy ♥♥♥

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful page my friend. Love the castles so cool ! Super colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this whole layout! Beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this Lizzy, especially how you have done those gorgeous castles, very innovative. Your interpretation of the moodboard is fabulous. So glad you were able to join in the fun with us here at SATW. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHIPPPY! Oh wait, that is what I say to the dog right before I let her out and she runs looking for them...but in THIS case I meant CHIPPPPPPPPY! Sweet castle chippies! Rock star page there! I love love love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Lizzy. I really enjoyed seeing such a joyful layout and a short sentence that says so much. I have to say, blues and purples are a challenge for me unless they're part of a rainbow effect. You've done such a lovely job with the embossing and Inka Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooo gorgeous! I love love love love those castles!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very different look from you Lizzy and sooo beautiful. I love the ethereal feeling with the soft colours with flicks of gold. A stunning photo of you, living your dream. Can't ask more than that. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous Lizzy! Those castle chippies are so perfect and to use them both as embellishments and masks for your page is fabbo! And I love that joyful photo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are living the fairy tale! LOVE those castles and the gold embossing!

    P/s: You win a lot of your goodies, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. owowzers that background I s very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it and the chippy looks great. I just did this challenge too and it's amazing how we all interpret things differently. Fabulous work and love that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you overcome a fear , you don't do it a small way do you ! Fabulous layout and a great photo and I am happy you are living the dream, what life is meant to be. Oh and I love your use of gold

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's not to love about a fairytale page like this? It has put a smile on my face as I start the day here. Very welcome, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great page, love the chipboard. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Lizzy, very clever take on the mood board, and love how you have used the chippies to mist with and then used them on your page.. So good that life is going well for you too.. and i love the gold and blue together!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an ethereal page! I love the touches of gold embossing. You nailed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous, Lizzy. Love what you have done with those little castles and love the book paper on the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such an awesome page Lizzy! The sentiment, the style and design and the gorgeous photo, make for a beautiful page! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great page! Thank you for playing along with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great take on the challenge and good on you using so much chippie. Love the photo and the sentiment. Nothing wrong with living the life. :D Fab Lizzy... good luck

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful !! I loved the blue bg and the chippies look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Way to go Lizzy! Always love to see your creations <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how did I miss this one? Fabbo girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally love the background ! What an awesome page!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome layout! Love the chipboard fairy tale kingdom! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a great design; wonderfully used chipboards; I love it; thanks for playing with SATW

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like everything in your layout, background, colors, decoration elements, photo! Perfect !!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)