About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

PL post....up over at Scrap 365 AND Scrap The Girls Challenge...

Just for a change, I thought I'd share my whole post which is up over at SCRAP 365 atm....hope you enjoy a little peek into our July!!!!
"Hello there, my scrappy friends! Lizzy with you today, sharing how I use PL...which is monthly. Mainly 'cos I don't have little kids, don't work [through choice - & feeling VERY blessed about that one!] & don't do a lot of different stuff day to day...sooooo monthly works for me! Here's July 2014 for you:)
I have used the same PL plastic sleeves for both sides this month. It always changes! You'll notice lots of colour...this was going to be blue & browns. Hah! I always find a little embellie that 'needs' to be used [like the bright pink one on the stamped date pocket]....& the scheme sinks....aaah well!
Did you notice the large white chevrons? They 'tie' my pages together when they sit side by side -they're Silhouette cuts......& the 'Always' card, bottom right? The 'As' are actually upside down 'Vs'..the 'W' is an upside down 'M' & the 'S' is actually a cut up 8. PL is my STASH BUSTER!!!!!!
The pages together:
The other thing is I've used little word stickers [old Authentique ones] on a few of the photos too....
I really like writing on photos...having a pen that does so is a good investment! If you've got a series of photos, try making a photo collage [I did mine on Picassa - there are LOTS of programs out there].....
And if you know me even a little, you know I'm pretty keen on journaling...so the Story gets told. Multiple times...
 Note the cut cork arrow at the top....it connects the story to the cake pic.....
 Squish your bages! They won't cry or feel hurt & they fit a lot better....& be cheeky...write over the speech in the bubble like I have here!
...& I shall finish 'hup' the closies now!
Thanks for taking a peek.....& did you notice? NO STAMPS have been harmed in the making of these pages, LOL......"
HOWEVER...to balance THAT one out, below is my OTT stamping take for
SCRAP THE GIRLS:
This page is of Brenna - same time as above, so it's fitting to pop it in here:)
The sketch by Rikki Graziani

 And my take. I know Rikki is a bit of a MM girl, so decided to go with that!
It WAS plain white cardstock. teehee!!! Lots of stamping, a bit of masking & misting...
An A Piece of Cake Cherry Flair...the enamel dots come from Sandi T in a giveaway, & in a Citrus Twist Kit I got my hands on...
My journaling.....& a bit more of a peek at that lovely 'criss cross' Kaisercraft stamp on the R, THANK YOU Lizzy C!!!!
The title is chippy [you are - coloured with Pitt Artist Big Pen], then stamped [today], then Thickers!!!
I won't ramble on anymore.
If you've gotten to the end here.....WELL DONE:):)
Hope you enjoyed this & as always, Happy Scrapping!

22 comments:

  1. You are so busy! I hope I am not missing any of your posts am I?? There seems to be a new one nearly every time i get on my blog.. anyway.. Your PL looks wonderful.. full of events from the month.. that is a good idea.. I dont think I would even be able to fill a month on 2 pages my life is pretty quiet.. love all the little touches you have and love the photo college.. what a good little grand boy to sweep too.. hope he keeps that up when he is a teenager.. and love your back ground for the STG's layout too.. Happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AMAZING!!! I love love love all the photos and loving those large chevrons!!! Gorgeous pages my friend!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! LOVE the background!! I could quite easily live without ANY patterned paper these days!! aND you are a Project Lifer too Lizzy! You are way ahead of me there girl - I'm not even gonna get started there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I don't get to visit your blog often enough, it really makes me happy when I do. I just love your approach to scrapbooking and in this case PL too. You always dare to be different and with amazing results! LOVE your style Lizzy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous PL pages and your layout is gorgeous. Love the background......looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous PL and what a stunning layout Lizzy!!! Love the colors too !!! You rock! If I ever needed to find an inspiration ... I will come here! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The plan of a monthly PL is very inspiring to me. It's something I never thought I'd be drawn to and yet now I'm doing Me On Monday, I have enough bits and pieces to do a spread every so often. I like how you have made this work very much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the concept that PL is a scrapbuster! I don't do it but maybe I should start! This is fabbo - love the monthly record - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your PL.... looks so fun.... I need to find a pen that will write onto the photos without smudging. Battling with that :P The journalling is one of the reasons that I love PL too... I have just finished a little album - about A5 size I reckon and I had the best fun. Just gotta add the photos now...
    That layout is just beautiful. Can't believe it started out in life all pristine and white. You created an AMAZING background and I love the colours... I am just too timid.. I start off and don't like the look and chuck it. I need to persevere and just keep adding layers and see where it takes me. :D You rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwhhhh love that you did mm. Love all your stamping on the background. Thank you for playing along with STG's. Great take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monthly is the way to go...loving all the activities you partake in monthly! Looks like you had fun "dirtying" up that white cardstock! LOVE that background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your PL is so cool and lots of wonderful memories documented. I like how the large chevrons tie the two pages together. LOve your layout, all the stamping looks great and love your title and how you created it

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is WOWZA! I absolutely love the beautiful layout you made for Scrap the Girls! Your take on the amazing sketch is so creative and gorgeous. I love your background so much. You always have the BEST backgrounds - so full of beautiful colors and textures! And I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed taking a peek at your July through PL! Your pages are amazing and full of happiness and love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your PL pages look amazing with all the mixed up colour schemes....and that's awesome that you get to use up so much of your stash :)

    Your STG layout....wowweeeee, it is super stunning, Lizzy!!! That background is so striking & random looking (wish I could get backgrounds like this!!!) Brilliant work, once again :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lizzy your layout for STG is amazing! The amount of work that's gone into your background is just incredible. Love it. Totally love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post! What fun PL pages you've done and your lo is sooooooooooooooo striking! Perfect take on the sketch! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Project life looks so tempting ! Love the photo used in the Waterfront get along . As for your layout ....what a background , you are so bold and good at it .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous apreads for your PL - Monthly.....really great! Your page...wow...loving this one for the design and that amazing background! The stamping is so fabulous! Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know you had got on to the PL bandwagon lol!! Love your spread...very clever to use silhouette files to tie it all together! Just adore your layout for STG too....beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the background on your STG layout, it's amazing! Thanks for playing along. Fab PL pages too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous page Lizzy. Love you PL too. thanks heaps for joining us this month at Scrap The Girls ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Popped over from STG! Love your background and colours! Thanks for joining in at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)