About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 10 September 2014

ONE LITTLE WORD #86 ~ 'LOST'

Hi there! I was VERY pleased to be the random winner over at ONE LITTLE WORD last month - what a thrill! I love random draw challenges - it means everyone has a shot at the prize!
Anyways.....this LO came about through a little 'challenge' that Fiona Paltridge set me. She [wittingly] referred to my penchant for Flair, & joked I'd only used 4 on a page HERE....so I said I could use more....so I asked her how many did she reckon I could do.....SEVEN she said....but then, the BONANZA....the girl actually MAKES HER OWN FLAIR. Is there anything she can NOT do?????
Soooo....this arrived in the mail:
She didn't make it easy, did she? Note the VINTAGE browns mixed with WHITE snappy bright colours....telephones with flowers.....& if anyone can guess what the very top one [black & white] is...then you're doing better than me! GUESS!!!!! [I do know now:)]
I just had a thought. Do you reckon YOU could use SEVEN FLAIR on a page? If you do, then I'll send you 7 & you can show off your page! First in first serve:)
Right, so a challenge within a challenge now!!!!! 
BTW...the One Little Word is LOST.......so I went with this 'You are Never Lost if you have Family':
This was Webster's Pages paper...sort of got a bit carried away with the background. AND I fussy cut...see, Lizzy C:):)
Flair 1:
The little camera & atlas came from a giveaway by JOY TAYLOR....oh, it was YUMMY!!!! 
Flair 2 & 3:
I've layered some cork chevrons onto the plain[ish] button...the globe is fussy cut from the paper. The flower flair is covering 1/2 a bird that I mussed up fussy cutting!!!!!
Flair 4:
This one is hidden a little cos I really didn't know what it was!!!!! Love this photo!
Flair 5 & 6:
The little button flower is from Joy, as is the 'photo love' puffy sticker. Which looks remarkably like a flair. But surely I wouldn't be crazy enough to use 8!!!!
And so to #7:
This one got 'fussied up' with some alcohol ink & a little gesso....can you see that linen ribbon with houses on it, bottom left? That's from my friend Marie-Christine! It's super cute:):)
Lastly, the little fussy cut owl...I thought he looked wise enough to say those words!!!!
So, that's my take on 'lost'.....& I wonder if any of you are brave enough to take up the Flair challenge?
I had a BALL pushing myself on this one!!!!
Happy scrapping, one & all:)
Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Fiona Paltridge

23 comments:

  1. You clever girl ! this is a new fave for me. LOVE the colours and all the bits and pieces and great photo to go with your title. Just love it. I reckon that flair is a cartoon/comic character, I can see his nose and mouth and the black is his hat/mask with his eye showing through ? I can't believe you got ALL those flairs on one layout and they look like they belong and help tell the story. I am impressed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done an amazing job to get all those flairs on there and they look awesome. A fabulous page. I love that base paper that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I was going to say you only used six flair and I searched and searched and finally found the seventh... sneaky little thing it was too. Well done Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you could do it! And this looks wonderful.. do I see fussy cutting!!?? How clever of Fiona to make her own flair!.. and guess what Lizzy? I got some flairs in my last D-Lish order and I just may have been stung by the flair fly!! They are fabulous little gems to put on a layout.. but I dont think I could use 7 of them on one page!! Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only 7! ;-) Lovely page there Miss Lizzy! I am posting one in a bit where I did use THREE, but I can't say I have used four yet...you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhh I love love love this!!! LOVING the colors, the title and all the circles!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did it !! Used seven flairs that to very cleverly :) I loved the pairing of house ,telephone n camera .Same with cork chevron n globe :) Loved the flair cluster near picture !! Fab Lo !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are never one to pass up a challenge and I would say you knocked this one out of the park. I love the layout and how you managed to get all of those (very different) flairs onto the layout is amazing. You are the flair queen :D Congrats on your win :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well dog nab it Miss Lizzy, if I haven't spent ages looking for the seventh flair and try to determine what the mystery one is! I decided in the end, it is a bird with beak pointing to the left and tail to the right and the little heart shape is it's wing. Maybe? if you squint your eyes enough! Now to the page - I have some of that paper which was in may give away pile, hastily retrieved now I see what wonders you have created. Fabulous and inspirational :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clap clap clap. U R a genius. Well done! Not only does your page look awesome, I wouldn't have noticed d flair overload if id seen d page first- that's to say uve so artfully placed them. U R too good :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very impressed with this :) I'm always a sucker for fussy cutting and it just balances out the "pops" of the flair so well here. A genius way to pull it all together. And of course you know how much I love the Little House

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant absolutely brilliant !!!!! such a happy energy to this LO xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super LO. Thanks for joining us at one little word.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did it - and more importantly - it works! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes...you cannot be lost if you have family. You did it!!! I am blown away that you used 7 flair and it l8oks absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! This looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love all the flair here. Such an eye-catching lo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super page Lizzy! Super theme and a great word too! I find it hard sometimes to use these gorgeous Websters pages...because I never want to really cut them up etc...I always feel one must really use it all....and you did asuper job of doing that here! Fab page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just awesome!! and 7 flairs on one page?! no I don't think I could do it, but your page is just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous layout. Very clever to be able to mix and use all the flairs so cohesively. Love the addition of your other embellishments as well, and the colours you used to go with your beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! LOVE the background and the use of the flairs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, 7 flairs!! WTG Lizzy! You've created something really special, and having 7 flairs, it doesn't look "overcrowded" with them....at all. Another brilliant layout :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)