About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 21 September 2014

OFF THE RAILS TUT & A TOOT TO LINDA E!!

Hi there! First up, I'm 'on' over at OFF THE RAILS....doing a bit of a 'how to' to create the background from this page, I had up a couple of months ago:
It's based on the challenge currently running [link to it HERE] with this mood board:
 
Sooo, if you'd like to join in or if you'd just like to see how I manage to cover up an AWFUL blooper....then pop on over HERE:):)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, back in the scrap room, inspired by the lovely Loopy Lou aka LINDA EGGLETON, who had made these candles for her KAISERCRAFT DT work:

I was seriously impressed.....thought they looked like a lovely simple Chrissy pressy for my writing group ladies who I'll be meeting at the start of December...so I made these:
Still using up scraps from the SCRAPTASTIC KIT giveaway I won!

So, Linda....THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU, my friend:):)
And I hope you ENJOY my major 'blooper' over at OFF THE RAILS!!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

18 comments:

  1. WOW Lizzy! I can see why you were seriously impressed with these candles! I love hers and I love how you did yours, too. What an awesome idea! A beautiful and thoughtful gift. (or should I say Chrissy pressie?!!!) I love that layout, too, and the way you covered up your mistake is pure genius! You are fabulous, my friend, and I am always inspired when I visit your blog! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again tonight! Love those candles, very clever of Linda! And love the layout, no sign of a blooper on there so off to off the rails to check out more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love those candles!!!!!!! So GORGEOUS!! Pinning!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous lo! Can't see any bloopers! lol! The background is stunning and perfect for the pic. Wowzers on the candles my friend! Love your Holiday take, they look sooooooooooooooooooo festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is one gorgeous layout background, Lizzy!! love it! and the candles - just adorable! both yours and Linda´s :) I´d love to have such candles as Xmas pressies :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what an awesome page!! I adore the background and that feather is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this page Lizzy - the blues are perfect for your lovely photo and that feather is just the perfect finishing touch! Beautiful candles too - you are so organised preparing for Christmad already!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I adore the feather on your LO and those candles!!!! double wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Left a comment over at Off the Rails, but basically love the cover up and your touches of gold. Also love your title , because it is so true. The candles are a fabulous idea and a great way to use up stash. What a lovely gift

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout and a great background and those candles are just wow... what a fabulous little gift for someone. I may do those for my girls stockings :D fabulous idea... lovely inspiration... both yours and Linda's ... I LOVE having such clever friends.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous masculine page, Lizzy!! Love the feather and what gorgeous candles!! ~ Blessings, Tracey http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love happy accidents....coverups are part of design *winks* LOVE your end product...lots of eye candy. And how lovely are those candles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. truly magnificent , loving the texture x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How gorgeous! Great layout - loving the monotone look!! Candles look awesome. Linda E is a really excellent source of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the candle idea - I may use that for people's place names at the table this year. Just back from the "off the rails" blog to see such an impressive save from the (so called) blooper. I didn't think it was horrid at all, but you needed to be happy and your over masking worked a treat. Isn't it wonderful that a photo can instantly transport us back to a special time and place?> That's why we scrapbook :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome mixed media page and yay!...I'm still a fool for feathers...love the one you've used! Those candles are SO pretty, you get a bunch of those done and you will be way ahead of the Christmas game!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous page....love the blues and the super background! Cool and fresh! Loving your candles too....they are super gifts.....might have to steal that idea!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You wouldn't even know you did a major blooper, you have hidden it so well! Gorgeous layout and those candles...how gorgeous....great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)