About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Let's Get Shabby #58 & Once Upon A...SKetch:

It's hard to believe it's already September - dunno where the year is flying to! Here we are 1/2 through the month already - but you still have plenty of time to join in with our FABULOUS challenge at ONCE UPON A SKETCH this month! Here's what you need to do:
 
Journalling Theme: Open theme...with a twist
For this month's challenge, you can scrap about any theme BUT you need to include your own handwritten journalling on your page!
You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is!
And here's the most important element of this challenge - the handwritten journaling:
 My whole page:
I've had this Studio Calico paper for a while - to me, as well as suiting children, it has a sort of 1950ish sort of vibe....so, a bit of gesso to soften the pattern, & some green heat embossing for texture.....
 I've used some very old The Girls' Paperie stickers & alphas....the 'good stuff' is an Amy Tangerine stamp & those delicious gold embossed 'coffee stains' are a 3rd Eye stamp - designed by Sanna L!!!
 Brad hearts, ripped paper with a peekaboo to some older Stampin' Up paper...glimmer glaze splots...
 ...I actually STITCHED the ampersand! Took a while, too..... [are you proud of me, Sanna;)!!]
...my title, with an older Purple Pumpkin flair. It's gotten a bit rusty around the edges - but hey, it sorta matched in anyways!!!!
I do hope you join us & challenge yourself with some handwriting on your LO this month at OUAS!!!
LET'S GET SHABBY #58 ~ WOOD
Meanwhile, I couldn't resist the 'wood' challenge at LGS!
Wooden hearts & I actually layered a couple of wooden birds up---then covered them all in ----- you KNOW, don't you? YUP! Nail polish:):)
THANK YOU Lindy G for these DELISH Bo Bunny papers! I've used the wood-grain one behind it all..so plenty of wood in there.....
And the 'hello' is my own writing - I was mucking around on some writing app on my iPhone, & it turned out OK, I thought:):)
That's it from me today!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Sanna L [who, by the way, is going to be taking a SCRAP CLASS IN POLAND. Info HERE!]

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous shabby card, Lizzy. Love the woodgrain background and the little birdies are too cute. Thanks for joining in with us at LGS. Love your OUAS page too.....fabulous stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!! I love love love love the photos, the colors and the circles!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creating Lizzy! Wish I had more time to join in but that is life, just too darn busy with other stuff! Love seeing what you are up to. Fabulous take on both challenges with soo many fabulous details! Maybe next week the craziness will slow down a bit and I will get some challenges done! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous ! I just love the look on your Lucas's face, he looks very pleased with himself :) That is a photo to treasure with his Dad , adorable. Love the gold embossing, next time you are here , we will have to get the gold happening

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your layout! Those gold-embossed circles and that handstitched ampersand - yum!
    And how pretty is your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout and I love the card. The gold rings on the layout look amazing. Such a nice way to get people to journal at OUAS... that card is so pretty I have to give card making a go I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm cheering on this challenge because I have a real thing about using handwriting on pages. I only have one little example of my Dad's handwriting, so I'm trying to leave a little more than that. Those gold circles are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page is gorgeous...when my grandies sleep over they wake me early to make them coffee. You can say that this Ouma hooked her grandchildren on coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ! I loved the gold n fresh green combo ! Lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucas is so darn cute with his frothy mustache! Our little guys, love to have a babycino too. Love the green embossing in the background and the gold circles are the perfect embellie for a coffee page. Clever girl stitching the ampersand. The shabby card is gorgeous too - love the weathered wood background and that fabric flair is divine :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving both LO & card!!! I only started drinking tea or coffee when I first started going to work!! in my early 20s!!!! I love your shabby card GF!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work Lizzy. Love those gold circles and just love your journaling piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. first of all love those gold embossed coffee stains and yes they are so totally a sanna type of design, think it's awesome that she's now a product designer too. but it's the stitched ampersand that initially caught my eye and it's making me want to try hand sewing too. and most of all I appreciate how you've embraced that handwriting challenge, me I'm so into perfect that I can't bring myself to write on my pages. oh and those boys look adorable sipping their coffe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet birds and hearts and roses:) Great work. Thank you for joint fun with Let`s Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh Lizzy I love that page, as always so many fun details, and that "Lizziness" I love to see. Great photos too, very sweet :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this layout is just adorable....as is the photos! I love the colour combo & your gold embossing!!!
    And I love your little wooden piece <3 so cute & adorable :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looove those gold coffee stains Lizzy ... simply awesome!!!! Fabulous page and your card is fantastic ... so pretty!!! Beautiful work!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are FANTASTIC! The splash of gold on the lo is stunning.....it looks amazing on the lo....I could just keep looking at it! And your other beauty that you created....breathlessly gorgeous! I so love your style! I don't seem to have much time these days, so it's always a pleasure to be able to come to your blog....so much diversity and creativeness.....thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet card. Just love the layers Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous wooden card, great composition and beautiful accessories :) Thank you for playing with us at Let's Get Shabby

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was sure I had commented on this page...but maybe not. Gorgeous page....such sweet photo's and a gorgeous sentiment. Love those embossed circles....I am a huge fan of embossing...has made a comeback of late!!!! LOL
    Gorgeous card too.....gorgeously shabby chic! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)