About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 6 September 2014

LESSOLOGY CHALLENGE - SEPTEMBER - TRAVELOGUE


Hey there! Today it's all about TRAVEL over at LESSology.
I've copied my post out below:
I've done an art journal page for a change.
My recycled elements are the book pages & illustration:
They 'spoke' to me of travel - so this was the starting point of my page. And of course, it brought back the amazing memories I have of our many trips OS....so I wrote the names of some of those places that we really loved visiting:
 France & Italy....2 FIRM faves!!! Turkey, too....& below, you can see I've stamped a map background which is just peeking through around the page:
 And of COURSE, England:) I added some postage stamp embellies....old transfers:
This is something I strongly believe! It teaches you so much about different cultures, histories, peoples, buildings, but much more than this, it teaches us about OURSELVES. How we cope with traveling - interact with people, react to the experiences that travel always throws at us!
LOL.....after that sermon you deserve to see the finished page:):)
Can you see I've popped in some compasses in the background too?
And just a little hint. This is the stuff I used for my masking. It's light, dries quickly, & goes a long, long way. It's CRACKLE PASTE...but I don't use it for the crackle - in fact, I never seem to notice any crackle!
 Here's the FABULOUS prize....

43 254737
Kaisercraft Mr Fox 12x12 paper pack!
The Kaisercraft blog is HERE
The Kaisercraft website is HERE
& to go directly to the challenge, click HERE
 Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. WOW! WOW! Lizzy, this looks amazing.Totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this page! Spied the compass! Really cool stamping that smidge of a map too! ROCK ON GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb. Love d way d image looks blended in and part of d page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love. I noticed you snuck Paris in there :) The compass looks great and I totally agree with your little sermon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Lizzy, I agree with your sentiments about travel to broaden the mind and teach us tolerance and gratitude. Love the vintage look of your art journal and I'm just a teensy bit green eyed about your trip to Istanbul - somewhere I haven't been. Inspiring work :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveeeeeeeeeee this sooooooo much!! All that texture ... YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, love your art journal page.. and that photo.. reminds me of pirates of the carribean.. johnnie depp.. humm not sure why.. but hey love all the textures on your back ground, fabulous theme travel theme on your page too.. I hope your weekend has been good.. very busy one here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Lizzy! What a gorgeous page! I love hwo you used your recycled elements to make an absolutely fabulous art journal page! I really like your design and use of texture. WOWZA! LOVING it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome...love the texture with the crackle paste. Totally agree about your thoughts on travelling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could not agree with you more on this one and I am sooooo grateful that I am able to travel like I have. I have learned so much.... gorgeous art journal page... fab colours and stunning textures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Wow! Wow! Just absolutely fabulous journal page Lizzy!! Fantastic background and textures and layers and .... everything is fantastic!!! Love, love, love this!!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right! We are all different people after we've seen a bit of the world..

    I would love to see Istanbul. It's definitely on my bucket list

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool art journal page! Love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the perfect travel page! Love everything that's going on here....looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really cool Lizzy....love it! Love the retro vintage feel to it too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your art journal page & your quote....so very true! This is a really cool page Lizzy....you make it all look so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)