About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 20 September 2014

BERRY71BLEU & SCRAP YOUrself #10

I was lucky to win a set of stamps from the lovely KELLIE WINNELL...& you guys who know me, know I'd have to rip into 'em right away & USE them, right? The thing was, it was a WINTER set...& it ain't winter. Hmmmnnnn.....well, it IS Spring, Which reminded me of the AUTUMN challenge over at CHALLENGE YOUrself.
The challenge: FALL FAVORITES. Well, we call it Autumn, & They spell favourites wrong. But we'll forgive them, *winks*!!!!!
So.......I used the 'Winter Road Trip stamp', the 'today is a scarf kind of day' & 'tissues are my thing' stamps....but didn't ink up the crossed out words...so I could do THIS:
LOL!! Nothing like 'doctoring' a stamp! And, as you can guess from the journaling - I took the theme & moved it from a physical discussion on the weather to a more esoteric approach about the seasons of life & why I liked my 'Autumn' of life. See, this is where the 'Winter road trip' stamp took its place. In the title:
You'll see a few rub ons around the show...thanks once again Joy Taylor. Your giveaway was SENSATIONAL!!!
After this title, I added the following journaling:
SPRING is the pre-cursor  - of growth & promise
SUMMER is the height - of being & doing
AUTUMN is the slowing down - of preparation & change
WINTER is the post-cursor - of acceptance of the completed cycle
...then went on to talk about our family photo....which represents the 4 seasons of life! And yup, home-spun Lizzy philosophy there!!!
So, the whole page:
 A lot of masking behind it all....[Julie, over at Time To Create has a FAB range!] & another FLOWER...the last one in the pack from Joy T....almost sad about that [don't choke on your weetbix!!!]...I really felt like writing on this day. So, I did a LOT! Sometimes that happens:)
====================================================
And for the BERRY71BLEU challenge
...the writing continued [I scrapped these on the same day - like I said, I was UBER-EXCITED to bust into Kellie's stamps!!!]
The journaling says it all for this challenge which was all about 'THINGS YOU LOVE'....& since there was a lovely tea cup stamp in the set.....this page created itself. The journaling is long....scroll down quick if you're not a reader!!!
I love food & drink for the obv reasons - they sustain me.
But more - they're an act of love - either in the giving or the receiving.
I'm blessed that Tom does 95% of the cooking & LOVE the variety and thought he puts into his 'menus'.
And sometimes I still cook - like this Parfait Cheesecake I made for Mum.
Most of all, I ADORE the visual stimulus that food & editing programs provide. Especially the FIONA CHILDS series. Oh! They are such JOY! I've downloaded them all as screen savers!
And I even had a 'go' at doing one myself.
Lastly, food is about shared memories. A shared lemon tart [best food in the UNIVERSE!] takes me straight back to a fab shopping day with Sue @ Birkenhead Point, Sydney [8/14].
Sooooooo......... 
 The title: 'Mmmmmmm Love My Food'.....['mmm soup' stamp from the set as well!!!!]
The teacups are super cute! I even heat embossed one:

Such FUN!!!! 
The badges are from Badges Folies [just got some...YUM....the 'wonderful' badge] & the 'enjoy' is from A Flair for Buttons.....Shelley has an AMAZING range! The bottom one is Stash Panache, from my scrappy mate - but I don't think they make them anymore. Sadly:(
This was a bit rambling....but I feel so blessed to be given such LOVELY scrappy stuff from so many wonderful sources....& it's NICE to shout out & share the love...so that's what I do:)
Happy scrapping ~ & if you don't already know these wonderful challenge blogs, BERRY71BLEU & CHALLENGE YOUrself...then pop on over & check 'em out:)
Lizzy ♥♥♥

36 comments:

  1. Oh my wow these are absolutely amazing! I love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing take on the challenge Lizzy and what great masking! Thank you so much for playing along with our Fall inspired challenge at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you used a flower....wait. I have to look again. I am in SHOCK! I'll be right back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness so much lovely Lizzy pages here to look at! Had a good peep after I got over my omg you used a flower moment...and then there was all the eye balling up of the good treats! Super fun pages and I am psyched you wrote a lot, won stamps, AND are SHARING WITH US! hugs from NY there girlie! Mitra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lizzy! So amazing and creative. Love all the details... so fun to look at! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both layouts look FABULOUS! Love the colours & masking in the top one (it's another one of those "you'd never know it was white cardstock" ones :D :D so very creative, Lizzy! And the 2nd one looks delish...just like all those yummies you have on there! The cheesecake parfait's look totally scrumptious!!! Will have to google for a recipe and give them a try :))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both fabulous layouts! I love your layered masking in the top one...so brilliant! On the 2nd one, which is totally brilliant, I really like the repetition of the cup stamp...& how yummy are those photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! Loved both of them.. cups on second one with journaling is what I loved most !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your wins Lizzy - you enter so many challenges, you truly deserve them. Love the sentiments of the first page with four generations. That big yellow flower looks just right with the sunny yellow on your page. Great use of the stamp and documenting the simple pleasures of life on the food page. I remember when have a parfait was the "ultimate" in sophistication. As for the lemon tart, nothing comes close as a special treat. Love your work Lizzy :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Lizzy, I don't think I have the words to describe what I am feeling. Both amazing layouts, but for me I think it is the story you are telling in both of the layouts, and you have done it so well. Both are what life is all about. I love how in the first layout you have used Autumn as a season of slowing down and then included the other seasons as times in our life as well, such a clever take on the challenge.
    The second layout , love how you have done the journalling between the cups and once again love your thoughts of food and how you have translated it AND oh my that lemon tart looks a bit delsih. Beautiful work Lizzy
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love!!! Your journaling is amazing!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow wow!!! These are GORGEOUS!!!! I am loving the colors, and loveeeeee those mugs/cups on the second page!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's an extra pleasure to be had in making stuff with things sent by friends or things a little bit of luck have sent your way. I love the clever way you have adapted the whole autumn idea. Smart

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Lizzy I love both these pages a lot - great fun to look at of course and I really enjoyed reading all your journaling, it's so thoughtful but in your easy chatty style, I can almost hear you speaking if you know what I mean!? Brilliant :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these are such fabulous layouts Lizzy. Love the colours and the textures. The journalling on the first one was perfect and the stamping on the second amazeballs. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look wonderful Lizzy! Two great takes on two different challenges, love the autumn theme of your life and I guess we are in the autumn of our lives, and you do love your citrus tarts! And I hope you get the job too, I know this is something you have talked about before. I am sure you will still find time to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am always so awed by your layouts, Lizzy! This one is no exception! I really love the background and all of the textures/colors you used. Absolutely gorgeous! And I love the story it tells and the way you did your journaling, too!!!!! Autumn is my favorite time of the year! Thank you so much for joining in on the fun this month at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun and beautiful at once! Love the title and all the writing.....looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your background work and your title is so creative. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic pages, love long stories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous pages. LOVE how you scrap about life!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two gorgeous layouts . I was inspired by your journalling to use my own handwriting on one of my layouts but instead of looking mod like yours it gave a messy feel to it .

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhhhh this is why I love visiting your blog... I love both of your layouts, for different reasons, and for the same reasons really. The enjoyment you get from creating just shines from both, and the journalling is so creative and heartfelt, and there is so much to explore and drink in. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous selection of stash you have going on here Lizzy! I honestly don't know how you manage to be as prolific as you are - it's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. To turn the seasonal topic into an esoteric one...so smart! You worked that first page so well with the topic, the photo, the storytelling and the subtle bits of stenciling! Well done!! The repetition with the tea stamp (which by the way it so cute) is such a nice touch, and again, fabulous journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all your journaling. I really need to take a leaf out of your book and start to add more to my layouts. Thank you for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such gorgeous pages Lizzy....love them both! The second for Berry71Bleu is sooo super....a sentiment I can totally agree with! Love the photies and a gorgeous design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both are fabulous Lizzy! Wonderful journaling and I must agree with your second project! I have a similar "love" too! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Lizzy, thank you for visiting me. I love your two layouts here. The 4 seasons of life is a very special take on the subject and the photo of the 4 generations fits that beautifully.
    I also love the one about food. You certainly have a brilliant husband that cooks! (mine does too, aren't we lucky). I love making cakes and deserts etc. I was scanning your layout to see if you had tucked the recipe away somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  30. Brilliant use of the stamp set :)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOURself :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing your "likes" and "loves" with us! Miss visiting you Lizzy, I hope all is well with you!! Thank you for joining our challenge at berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a delightful page Lizzy I love the adorable photo and the fab journaling... great colourful title too, a really fab page :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. The work you made with the background is awesome, lovely layout!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge Yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your background. Your masking is awesome! Nice touch with the yellow flower too. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lizzy love your background I really need that mask. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  36. beautiful stencil layering! and great journaling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)