About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 1 September 2014

A NEW DESIGN TEAM.....ARTastic:):) September 14

Sometimes it's REALLY nice to be involved with Challenge blogs that you both enjoy entering & that are 'home grown'....& ARTastic is both! An Aussie blog, which I've had the privilege of winning and Guest Designing for.....& I LOOOVE how the inspiration is always an art piece of one sort or another. So I'm absolutely THRILLED to be on their team!
Here is this month's inspiration picture:
 And the EXTRA criteria? You must use STRING/TWINE.....of course, since it's about unwinding, tee-hee:)
I thought I'd do a little canvas for my scrap room:
 I used a mix of ink sprays with my plastic doily [thanks once AGAIN Mitra!!!] But the colours got a bit 'muddied'...still, it made a nice base, so I 'sealed' it with a spray adhesive, then added some water & Gelatos, smudging them in & around 'til I got the colours & effect I wanted....more like the inspiration pic!
 Much prettier!. Because the bg is so busy & the canvas only little, I didn't want to add much else.
Out came my Kreinik Threads - these ones have wire, so they're pliable AND glittery [win-win]...
 the flair is an older Evalicious one...
& since I was [apparently!] going glittery, I pulled out some old Thickers - the DIY ones - & glittered them up as well!
 ...& since the CRITERIA is to use 'twine/string'....thought I'd add a bit of twine under the 2nd Evalicious flair I used:
 Here's the whole canvas:
LOL! For my scrap room - a bit different, right? That's the great thing about ARTastic - you can enter scrap pages, cards - whatever, as long as you tell us how you were inspired!!!
Hope you can join in this month ~ happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:

23 comments:

  1. What a stunning little canvas. I can see that you had loads of fun creating this. Congratulations on the new Designer spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely canvas for your scrap space . Congrats on the DT gig at ARTastic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the DT!! That is AWESOME!!! And loveeeeeeeeeee the canvas!! LOVING how you did the sentiment!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your canvas, Lizzy. Congratulations on the DT spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well done Lizzy on your new DT spot, you will inspire us for sure, just like this one.. Looks wonderful.. and a great little piece for your scrap room..Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the artastic challenge blog and the beautiful art work they present as inspiration every month. So happy for you to b joining their DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic use of the doily and those gorgeous colours on the background, love the glittery twine and alphas too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh...this is sooooo sweet!

    P/s: Does spray adhesive work to "seal" those misted bits? I pretty much stopped using my mists on canvas and altered items because the colours run...especially Dylusions which are not permanent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Very fun and congrats on your DT slot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ..Its Fantastic I loved the beautiful bg with plastic doily n gelatoes ! The twin looks very interesting on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so cleaver Lizzy finding a solution when you are not happy about a craft project... brilliant idea with the spray adhesive seal...and I do have to agree, so much prettier with the Gelatos. The finished canvas is awesome, love it!!!
    I have to go and post mine now on my blog, usually mine is on the 15th so I haven't finished the blog post.... off to work
    hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  12. your gallery is just very nice .graphics are very nice . your website it just super. best of luck . do come visit me some time. that goes to everybody who see this. WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET. and please sign my guestbook at the bottom of my webpage to let me know you came to see me do send your very good friends ( thank you ) it good to meet new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the DT! Beautiful canvas and so very artsy and cool! The unwind is just perfect!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on another DT... I don't know how you do it :D Love the inspiration and what a beautiful piece to hang in your studio. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another superb creation from the house of Lizzy. You must extra fast long and short twitch fibres, to keep you moving at the speed of light. I'd be in a constant state of panic if I had to craft at Lizzy speed. But you make it look easy and we can but bow, as you dazzle us with your expertise. lol.....seriously though, you ARE amazing :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet! I love your sparkly background & gelatos are just the thing for sorting out muddy - I do that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The background is so pretty. Love the addition of glitz as well! Congratulations on the DT role!

    ReplyDelete
  18. EEEEEEEKKKKKK! SO stinkin COOL! you go girl!

    I love that second photo of JUST the doily, so super cool! ;-) OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is something magically relaxing about that string "unwind"..just looking at it I can feel my shoulders dropping! I like it

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous Make for ARTastic Lizzy and also perfect for your art room.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your new DT gig, Lizzy!!! Love your canvas....very arty & almost hippy like (in a tie-die kind of way!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)