About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 18 August 2014

SCRAPSTUFFZ August challenge...& a TUTORIAL up at 3rd EYE..

...SCRAPSTUFFZ is a fabulous multi photo sketch....I had these photos of Lucas printed....doubles, too....so I just cut 'em up & plopped 'em down, following the sketch but turning it like this:
Now, a few of you know I LOOOVE seeing hexagons on LOs - & keep forgetting to use them myself. So I got  THAT outta my system with this sketch. The other REQUIREMENT was to use a handmade die cut.....well, my poor Big Shot does not get used half as much as it ought...so out it came, too!
Lizzy Crust - are you proud of me???!!! [she uses both beautifully:)]
You can see both here...the die cut is the chicken wire [a Cheery Lynne die] that I misted that bright blue colour...I heat embossed the white hexagons in the background.
The paper is Elle's Studio 'Cameron' papers...& I fussy cut that 'line' with 'Best' at the top, to go down the page....worked a treat!!!
Some closies:
 The heart 'you' is Freckled Fawn - nail polished!!!!
 There was 'fake' stitching on the paper, so I added a bit of machine as well...some of the little enamel dots are from a win I had previously over at Scrapstuffz...felt it appropriate to use them here!!!
I'm not good at using ribbons & trims, but this one worked once I'd ripped it up! And don't you love little kids' pudgy fingers? Or is that just me????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a peek at the SCRAPSTUFFZ challenges....they're FUN!!
Meanwhile, I'm up at
 3rd EYE CRAFTS
 with a tutorial on creating a FAST, EASY background using any ink sprays you have!
Here's one of the cards I created. Pop on over HERE for more info:):)
It's a fun, & easy technique & every time you will get a unique result:)
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
3rd Eye Craft Goodies used:
badge TEBA-071 white drawings on the light green and turquoise striped background    TEC-038 round frames          TES-227 tiny pictures - heart crown drop arrow gift    

TES-244 numbers    TECs-006 arrows 
Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh these are GORGEOUS!!!! LOVING the colors and photos on your lo and loving the circles on the card!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these.... fabulous photos and such an expressive face...those eyes! Love what you have done with your layout. You have prompted me to think more about using hexagonal shapes. I always mean to do so but never seem to get around to doing it. Will slip overt to the third eye blog to have a look at something else you have posted there. It looks intriguing. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that little face :) Totally adorable!!! I love your page too - I avoid ribbons and trims too but you have done a great job with them here. They really add to the page! Love your BG work on both projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout and card! The colors on the layout are so fun and happy! Just perfect for baby photos!!! And the embossing on that card is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww! look at those cute little hands........super sweet. Love your layout.......gorgeous colours. Your card is fabulous.......great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have used both techniques beautifully. Those photo's are so cute and love the little , chubby hands, precious. You are on a embossing mission ! You always make me realize I should use my stuff more ! Love your card and always love your tutorials. I have said it before , but you are a inspiration , not only your work , tips and tutorials, but your spirit. I always feel happy after visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! just wow! And those photos are the most adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy that layout is awesome!!! The bright colours, those gorgeous photos - it just makes me smile! I love the added depth the stitching gives the layout too! FAB work! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad I dropped by today because this is one post filled with so much cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a photo filled sketch! You did wonderfully with it and that card is lovely with the gift parcel atamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab sketch and I love the colourful quirky Lizzy take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Lizzy on using your big shot.. gota keep the rollers working.. and love the bright colors you have used, delightful photos too.. and I am off to see the tute over at 3rd eye as I love the back ground on your cards! Can you believe how fast this week is going??

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great page. Love alöl those pictures together. This is so full of energy. Gorgeous!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE that background you heat embossed! Super cool! And those enamel dots! Baby fingers rock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh...what a cutie! I love the hexagons and how you ripped the ribbon.
    And that card is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes Ma....love those dimpled little knuckles...just adorable. Love this page, but then, you know I'm crazy about little boys. Look at those gorgeous eyes. Wonderful work with the embossing and "messing up" the trims...inspirational. The card is great too, it reminds me to employ the Kiss principle every now and again,'cos it looks so classy :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a SUPER DOOPER CUTE layout Lizzy, that card is PRETTY AWESOME too....& I must also say a BIG thank you for your on going support & always leaving such awesome comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such cute little projects! That happy little face in the layout is sooo precious and the accents so perfect for a little boy. Cute little card too! Love it's simplicity, which makes it so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome layout Lizzy with so many techniques. I'm thrilled you used your prize from SSIB too. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome page Lizzy...so many techniques...and so pretty too. Your Luki is such a cutie. Love the ripped trims.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your LO is amazing! I'm so happy your were inspired by our sketch at SSIB

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh the photos are adorable!! So many beautiful details on your project! Love everything about it! Amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at SSIB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)