About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 1 August 2014

Off The Rails Challenge for AUGUST 2014

Good morning! Our Monthly challenge over at OFF THE RAILS is up! Here's what you need to follow for this month...& BTW, I hope you're enjoying the MONTHLY challenges, now....MUCH easier to keep track of & of course, more time to join in!
Plus this really FABULOUS sketch:
Well, I created a page using some of our sponsor's products this month - LAWN FAWN....the clouds, the suns & those little FUSSY CUT arrows [pfffft!!!!]. 
I also took more than a modicum of inspiration from the wonderful HEATHER JACOBS......seeing as this was a 'natural' page....& no-one does nature better than Heather!!
We are more than blessed to live on the waterfront....& sometimes the sunrises are soooo beauitful.....so I came up with this A4 page:
 I used watercolour paper, so that I could make my Gelato background REALLY watery...you can also see some masking in the background....LOTS of stamping, too......
 The sun is a Lawn Fawn die cut, overlaid with a Wycinanka wood button I won in a giveaway.....I also got the 'curly' arrow below, sitting happily amongst the Lawn Fawn ones!! BTW...that wooden button has been stamped & heat embossed as well:):)
Some more closies below:

And the flair below is from A Piece of Cake Designs:
I also used up the very last of my 'chicken wire' chippy - wins from A2Z Scraplets & Dusty Attic...now, that made me sad, as they have been the one chippy that I find really simple & easy & fun to use! Aaah well....better try & win some more, eh?
Speaking of wins, check out the LAWN FAWN prize for the taking at Off The Rails this month:

Just click HERE for the link to our challenge.
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

24 comments:

  1. Stunning. I love the way the colours of the photo melt into the background. Awesome arty background work and your details are also so perfect and special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to live on the waterfront, what a beautiful photo and spectacular layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww!!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the photo, the sun... JUST WOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical page Lizzy!! Love the gorgeous colours and your little suns are so cute!!! Fabulous background too!! Love this!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love this one Lizzy!!! Yep....definitely! How cute is your little sun, and arrows and cloud! Stencilling and paintwork are awesome....so's the colour! Totally must do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one Lizzy, I really need some sun over here, especially on August 23rd you know!
    This summer is super rainy here in Italy, in July it rained more than 20 days O-O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your layout, the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout Lizzy! Loving all of the details,colors and what an amazing photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful, Lizzy. The colour mix looks amazing with your photo and how lucky are you to wake to that view! Gorgeous work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THIS TO BITS! LOOKS AMAZING! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the explosion of colour on this one Lizzy and the playful "sun up" when it's only half up - too clever. Very arty/funky page.....I hope I can squeeze this challenge in :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This layout is absolutely stunning !! I love it .. Loving the colours and the artsy background!! I'm so inspired !! I must say !! Okay time to create and join in the fun .. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG lizzy, this is breathtaking !!! a masterpiece x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Lizzy, that photo is perfect for the colors, and love all your details on your back ground too.. the sun and clouds look wonderful. enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The background looks amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a rich & beautiful piece you have created here Lizzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your watery gelato background, Lizzy...along with just about everything else on the page! The effect around the outer edges really frames this off beautifully....and such a sensational photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely winter warmer. Loving d colours and summery feel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome layout with fab background work! so creative. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing use of those arrows! And the colours just scream happy! Awesome page Lizzy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I just love that photo. Looks so peaceful. Gorgeous sunset background and I love the chippies... the arrows are so cool and my fave is that sun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovin' your style, this page is gorgeous with all the beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a gorgeous page Lizzy! I looove that photo...you are definitely blessed to live in such a beautiful place! There is just something about water that adds to calm, peace and serenity! Your page is really gorgeous too and your design and styling is upbeat and fresh! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)