About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 8 August 2014

LESSOLOGY #39 - AUGUST - FLUTTERING BUTTERFLIES....& a DT post up at SCRAP365

I thought I'd share with you my whole post from LESSology this challenge time. 
It's all about BUTTERFLIES....it would be lovely to see you joining in! The only other requisite is to either up-cycle or re-cycle at least one element on your page:) The prize is this:
 
Pink Paislee's LUXE 12x12 paper pack!!! Rather yummy, don't you agree?
For the link to Challenge #39 click HERE.
Here's my post:
 Hello my scrappy friends! Lizzy with you today to share an OTP project this month. Featuring butterflies.
Now, I'm not much of a butterfly or flower person - but I'm slowly getting my study to look a little Vintage French as I alter my containers. So, on a small shelf I have these containers:
I decided to upcycle the GREEN BOX - this is where I keep my stamps. Here's what it looked like when I'd finished:
I think it looks SLIGHTLY better, LOL ----don't you??!!!!!!
It took quite some work. I'm gonna post the photos - & try not write too much! Here we go!!!

 
 

 This created a 'basis' for the box....next I decorated:)

 More Gesso.....
 Distress ink sponged on....the butterflies stamped with STAZ ON [water resistant ink]
 Then I added some die cut butterflies & rubbed in some SILKS ACRYLIC GLAZE in gold for a nice sheen.....Finally a coat of Acrylic Glaze to protect it all!
The finished stamp box:


 I added some butterflies inside as well:)
 And finally, the front side:
I hope you've gotten some ideas on 'upcycling' that you can also use from this step by step.
And I didn't write too much ---- v proud of myself!!!
Any questions, just ask - thanks for looking & hoping to see your AMAZING butterfly creations:):)
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Mary B - French stickers [did you notice Mary??!!!]
Meg's Garden - Bling Trim
Bostik - PVA Kids Glue
SCRAP365 POST
I wanted to 'shout out' about this, too - as I rarely do this type of project. I'd LOOOVE you to pop on over HERE.....got a 'step by step' as well:):) 
A sneak peek:
Very excited about my OTP atm!!!!!
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Thanks Lizzy for inspiration!!! :) Awesome work and awesome YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow all fabulous luv your craft space. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely collection of butterflies. Hands down your box of stamps looks darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely WOW!!!! I am IN LOVE with what you did with that box!!! Just GORGEOUS!!!! Off to see your other post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous girl! Seriously can't believe it's the same box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did to the box!! Clever idea!! It's so beautiful !! You rock my friend ... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a transformation ! much better :) I DID see the stickers, so glad you have been getting use for the goodies.
    I have bookmarked the Scrap365 post , so when I have time I can look at the step by step more carefully. I hope to join in the Lessology challenge, as I do love butterflies and flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, I hope your saturday is going well.. I have seen both of these already but will just say a quick I LOVE EM BOTH on here too!! fabulous renovation of your stamp box, which I thought was stamps as in stamping images etc not the kind you lick and put on an envelope!!! and love your MM on the board.. both look great!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a transformation - yes - much better. Love the whole upcycling thing, something my Mother used to do our of necessity. Love the OTP creation.....to see it start from a bit of board and become a thing of beauty was inspirational. Fabulous work :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stamp box, and I really love your big 365 project too. It's one big inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LIZZY! you rock! When I first was reading you post, I was trying to figure out how you would keep all your stamps in that very small box and then I figured out you meant mail/stamps! Love how you showed your process on how you made the base!

    And did I see you PAINTING something up on facebook? You are getting all kinds of crazy over there in Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a stunning transformation indeed...love it. I also like the look of your OTP project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your OTP projects are flowing at the moment....and so beautifully too!!!! Way to go girl....loving your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little space is going to be beautiful when you are done too. You are making me want to pretty up my stuff now :D total transformation Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been on a roll. All your altered projects are looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic work. Am loving seeing your OTP projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)