About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Lawn Fawn....Page Maps....

...not only is the year going more quickly than it was, if that's at all POSSIBLE....but there seems to be more stuff to do [& less time for doing stuff!!!]....anyways. Whinge over. Stuff is happening. Big Stuff like this:
COMING SOON!!!
All chat will be at the Facebook site HERE
To be in the running for a giveaway before Saturday.
1. Share this post on your blog
2. Share this on Facebook or Instagram (if you have an account)
3. Like Lawn Fawn and Off the Rails facebook page
4. Leave a comment here to be running to win a little giveaway
Closes midnight EST  Friday 8th August 2014
winner announced at the live chat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then....over at PAGE MAPS I followed this sketch:
I sorta got a bit carried away with the bg...which was originally a green...then I'd whacked some white stenciled flowers on...then I didn't like that so covered the lot in black gesso, which then seemed a bit BLACK....[duh!]..so then I sanded it all back a bit & added some white gesso, some heat embossed orange with a stamp.....you know how it goes.....*WINKS*****
My page:
 As with all my work, things seem to be over rather than undersized! Created the # with my Silly machine then smooched it up....the camera came with some goodies I got from Sandi T [thank you!]...the flair is a VERY old one...using up stuff makes me feel GOOOOD!!!!!!!!!
 Dunno where the hand came from...but it's dated now!!! This is an old photo of DH in his Golfing Hey Day:
 I used a cut up PL card to do the journaling on....& if you're a  winner, you're deffo this:
 Mary B might not see it, but behind this photo is a Parisienne Bag she gave me, with more photos from this event - they're BIG photos, so hard to find a bag for them!
 And finally. Yeah,  I know, I know...I gotta learn NOT to take so many closeups...that was going to be my 'thing' this year. Aaah well---maybe in 205!!! The whole page:)
 But, really, you wanna see a closie of that crown, I just KNOW you do...chippy...not sure where from? Gesso'd up:
 And just in case you missed it - I did do some machine sewing on this one, too...& the 'honk' & 'beep' shapes have also been fussy cut from a PL card [handy li'l blighters]...
And you lot really ARE the best for making it to the end of this post!!!
I DO hope to see you over at our Off The Rails 'meet & greet' with Lawn Fawn...should be fun!
Cheers  ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. LOL! I look at your process and I stand amazed at what you have done. I would probably have trashed it rather than save it. You are an amazing artist xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Lizzy... I love this mixed media bg.... and yeah...I know how it goes ...a bit of this and a bit of that lol ;) but any way it turned out absolutely fab!!! I love the orange amongst your other fun stuff :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous take on the sketch!!!! LOVE it..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is SO cool and what a great photo! I really like the houndstooth stencil added as it kinda goes with the fashion in the day. Love the little camera and I see the bag :) This turned out a treat Lizzy, you must be happy with it, a fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aiming for less close-ups? What on earth for?? I love the close-ups. It really shows me the incredible detail that can sometimes be overlooked by a full-page shot. You must get pretty messy at that craft table of yours!! Now let's talk about the photo - what a CLASSIC! And the fact that you used the word 'Dang' in your journaling made me laugh. It's just perfect Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wowwwww!!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the colors and the pointing hand!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I enjoy the amazing scrapbooking, but it would have been terrible to have missed the wacking the black background...Omg, I so enjoy your writing! ;-) Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your story about the whole process and your story telling does make me smile so thanks Lizzy. Another fantastic page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving that dark bg a lot..all the layers ,embellishments everything looks wondeful on your page !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe...that's what usually happens when I work on my canvases. But the end product looks fabulous. The black background has a receding effect that really throws the focus on the photo. As always, love the details and the pops of colours.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have to go back up to the top again and reread this.. so much to remember.. I got dizzy with the instructions for lawn fawn, but I just need to remember about the live chat.. and fabulous layout.. the back ground looks great and all the details you have created on your page look awesome! and I am bearly hanging on to each day.. they are over before I know.. so I think we are all feeling that way.. stuff to do.. no time to do it!! oh wellllll!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it was me - most likely will end up in the bin! You're amazing artist!! The end job is absolutely stunning .. If you don't explain the process I would have thought that this is how you want your BG to look like!! Anyhow this is absolute gorgeous .. Love it✔️.. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Lizzy! Your layouts are always so full of beautiful bits and great journaling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great page. The dark colour and embellishments frame that cool photo beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so get the whole doing one thing and then covering it up! and using bigger embellishments :) And taking lots of pictures. I always keep thinking, but they need to see the details! Great layout, I love the mix of old and new eclectic mix! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good grief Lizzy - what a crack up you are! It's like going around the world in 80 days....luuuurve that you salvaged the page. Never too many closies for me and the photo is a classic with the short shorts and the long socks. The orange embossing is a perfect touch for the time. Rock on girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an awesome, grungy boys page and your journalling is such a treat!!!! LOL...Super fun page! Agree with you...this year is just flying by and the extra time is just not being found at the moment!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love this rocking page!!! :D I love your post writing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun layout full of interesting detail!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fabulous boy page and I love how the background came together ... sounds just like what would happen to me!! LOL! A super fun page with gorgeous detail!! Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)