About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 25 August 2014

BERRY71BLEU & FEELING SKETCHY #99 AUGUST CHALLENGES

This sketch was a lovely, easy one to use. I decided to do a Christmas card [yeah, I know, Oh, SOOOOO predictable!!!!].....& make another one using off-cuts since I was doing one anyways.
Oh, yeah. Bright idea Lizzy. Problem was, I think I like the one I was NOT doing for the challenge more! Both followed this sketch:
 
 Soooo....what do I do? Can I enter BOTH? From the rules, it isn't clear. Hmmmnnn.....Anyways, here's my 2 cards. And look how different they are! Which, of course, is the beauty of sketches!!!
 Now I'm being lazy - this is how the photos downloaded.....so, a bundle of layered goodies STILL from the SCRAPTASTIC kit I won ages ago!!!
 You can't see the gold so well here...but the closie gives you an idea of the sparkle! The paper is a very pale green....soo pretty - old Webster's pages!
And this one:
 Gotta love a bit of vellum & wood, right???!!!!
I ran out of the green paper.....!!!! Aaah, blow it! I DO like this one better, so I think this is the one I'll enter!!! 
Next challenge - one I really didn't think I'd have a chance to do....but then I came across some GORGEOUS photos of our latest [step for me] Great-grand daughter. Couldn't NOT scrap them.
Worse still, Lindy G gave me a pile of these lovely, LOVELY Bo Bunny papers. PERFECT for this LO!
 I scratched & distressed to my heart's content. Loving my long arm reach stapler, too! More stars - must've been a 'starry' sorta day!!!
 Layers, little word stickers & BoBunny brads...
 Below you can some more stars.....this girl's Mum is an outdoors-y, horse loving girl...so the denim & blues in amongst the pink just seemed 'right' to scrap her wee baby with:)
 And she has the cutest name!
 Et voila! Ma page:
Isn't she gooooorgeous? And there were MORE photos on FB....might have to do some other pages!!! And Lindy G KNOWS I looooove check patterns. A weakness I have!
The B71B sketch from Sandra P that I followed:
Well, that's enough rattling on from me today ~ take care ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

27 comments:

  1. I love ALL your work in this post Lizzy! I specially love that photo of Holly and the versatile/variety of colours in the LO are so well matched. what a great way to use up small scraps and small bits 'n' pieces as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards as always Lizzy and it is a great way to use up stash. I better get using! And the layout is divine , love all the layering and distressing

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both your cards too! Yeah, I'd enter both... love the embossed glitter-look stars in the first one, and the cluster of embellies with the '25' peering out underneath in the 2nd one. Don't think I can chose a fave out of the two either!
    What a precious precious picture in your LO.... sooo super sweet LO... adorable Miss Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovvveeellllyyyy Liz..... Pl keep making christmas cards, some day soon hopefully I'll follow suit too :p it's goin to be my first year making them, so I'm a bit nervous to start! Also simply fab layout....... Like d way u built up my curiosity with close ups and the final reveal was a delightful lovely layout. So well balanced, d denim n starts n greens and pink to welcome baby holly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous, Lizzy and so is your layout. Super adorable photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Christmas cards, but that layout is so adorable! You really had the star thing down! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look wonderful Lizzy! Love both of the cards, and the layout is gorgeous! Adorable photo and love all the stars! Enjoy your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lizzy, these are amazing...your golds make me itchy for Christmas scrapping and the baby is precious. Your background and details are awesome and even better they compliment the photo without taking away from it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wowwwww!! These are gorgeous!!!! I loveeeeeee the colors and that precious photo on your lo!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards and layout. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! LOVE the gold on those lovely cards. And your layout is soooooo sweet!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOw .I love both of them..very elegant and the clustering is fab ! Denim n bright green combo rocks on the page Lizzy !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving these Lizzy! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous! Love the distressed denim!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh hey, new blog design! I haven´t been around for a while, apparently..sorry...but I was on vac..

    and more Xmas cards..uff...really should start on those, right? but for some reason just don´t feel like doing any atm..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhhhh yes...the cards...super and provoking should I say...hope they get me off my b..... Love, the gorgeous wee Bubba and the page is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable page Lizzy! The photo is absolutely adorable. I love all the stars and the slight distressing. Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your page!! Great colors and details! Thanks so much for joining us at Berry71bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful projects! The layout is superb & what a precious photo...I love how you used the stars & your overall approach to the sketch...thanks for sharing your talent with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lizzy you are really scaring me with all these Christmas Cards...and such jolly and beautiful one's at that!!!!!! LOL...Such a gorgeous and precious page too....Love all the distressed edges and that precious photo! Love it to bits! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fabulous cards Lizzy! I love them both! You are so arty!
    Of course you can enter 2 cards...I had better make that rule clear hadn't I! You can add as many as you like in fact!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.
    Debi - DT Co-ordinator@FS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh they're both wonderful though since you threw in a darling baby photo, I'ma have ta go with that one too ;D Cool job with all the scratched and distressed layers, really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Christmas card Lizzy. Great idea to start making them now ;) You LO is fab too... Such a precious moment scrapbooket into a lasting memory, treasured forever...Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would def enter both. They are so pretty even if they are for C....:P The layout is just too cute. You are a scrapping machine Lizzy I dont know where you get the energy from but I love visiting your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such wonderful creations Lizzy!!! Beautifully done and I love the details and colors! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh what a sweet layout & lovely Christmas cards. I was determined to beat all you Christmas scrappers to it this year so I got one Christmas card up earlier this month hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are gorgeous...but the layout is my all time favourite by you. What awesome colours to use for a baby photo...love the distressing and the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome cards, love the tags and the stars were the perfect touch ~ Michelle FS DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)