About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 22 August 2014

AMICHE DI SCRAP CHALLENGE #11

Buongiorno! I'm joining in with the Italian challenge blog, AMICHE DI SCRAP today - got onto them through the lovely Mandy from A Teacup of Scrapisms. Now, I don't speak Italian, & I couldn't find the translate button for this challenge [which was under my nose. Of course!] - but someone had used 'SEQUINS, ARROWS & WASHI'...so logically, I figured this was one of the choices.
Here's my LO:
I wish I had taken a pic of this pp before I altered it! It's old b&w patterned 'Bella' paper from YEARS ago - I paid 20c a sheet at Spotlight even then.....anyways. I altered it. Understatement!! Neri & her sister were at a 'hens gig' pre-wedding thingy in Sydney at Randwick races....a FB photo. Handy thing, FB!
 I covered white card stock with WASHI tape, then punched out those little flowers! So, this was my WASHI use!! You can also see I've sprinkled SEQUINS around the page.....I really wanted a 1960s 'flower power' vibe for this page, as the girls soooo reminded me of that era:)
My title I covered in glitter - I used those DIY American Crafts Thickers, that have a sticky side so glitter sticks REALLY well to them!
I was happy that some of the glitter also got onto the LO:) And finally, my arrows:
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this page. BTW....the purple? Achieved by using ink spray, then whilst still damp, I added some white gesso & swiped it out in this pattern with a bit of paper towel, adding gesso as I went so the colour had some variation! 
Not really a 'technique' - but a fun thing to do!!
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: And yes, purple. I know....but it soooo 'fitted' here....& I think I've conquered my loathing of purple! Finally:):)

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Lizzy. The page has such a cool , groovy feeling to it. I love how the paint swipes make the photo look like it is coming out from a tunnel ( don't know if I explained that very well) but it made me kinda feel like the Doctor Who spinning in space , sort of ) Your lovely photo shines, it is very groovy , I love it all. A new fave

    ReplyDelete
  2. outstanding Lizzy, love the colors and the fun energy, gorgeous work x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I love love love love the background and all the flowers!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PURPLE IS AMAZING!! This sure is groovy, and there you go.. It is a younguns thing to take selfies.. BTW my selfies the other night... not good.. I suppose being 9.30 at night did not help.. but if I was after a zoombie dark circles under the eyes look, then they would have been great.. but hey.. no amount of editing was gunna fix those ones!! hehe!! Safer to go with my gorgeous girls photo!! I love the rays on this, and cant even imagine the back ground paper to be black and white.. just goes to show, can use any ol paper for scrapbooking.. I love this.. has the flower power feel to it.. New Fav for sure.. love it!! Enjoy your friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DUDE is that washi tape with gold dots? Love love love the purple, getting a chuckle out of "hens gig" omg, I might have to use that

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEEEEKKKK did I see a purple layout? hahahahahah see it really is NOT so bad. I love the background and the washi flowers are just fabulous. Such a fun layout. Can't believe the papers was black and white before. I have loads of papers I hate now... what was I thinking when I bought them??? I don't know either but now I don't have to get rid of them. This is such a fab layout Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that background looks amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am speachless Lizzy...this is definitely my new favourite...OMGosh... So super cool, colourful and blingy...love it a million!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple ??? and U ROCKED it too!!! I love your BG work here and the glitter title is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you alter your backgrounds in such a way that you can never imagine what it looked like...and girl, it looks funky and "groovy" indeed. The washi flowers and sequins are a fabulous add on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the altered background Lizzy, it looks amazing...You are so creative and clever. This is a brilliant piece of work. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. La la la la lah - Lookin' for fun and feeling groovy! Yep, I have an ear worm now. You embraced the purple and rocked it. Such a cool photo, love the washi flowers and the glitter....such a fun and playful page. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Groovy indeed! LOVE the flower power effect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful page Lizzy! the challenge was "inspired by... clouds!"
    Well, you used glitter and glitter is cloud related for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. but... clouds should be present on the project... I hope they will accept this stunning LO however, they really should! next time, ask your Italian MARRIED friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Lizzy this is just soooo pretty!! I think this year a lot of us have got over our purple loathing thanks to it being the colour of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful page!!!!!
    thanks for participating in the challenge of Amiche di scrap!!!!
    Gio'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)