About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 25 July 2014

The Scrapbook Store - July Sketch

Good morning, my friends! Today I'm sharing with you my 'take' on The Scrapbook Store's sketch:
July 2014 Sketch Competition
For a change, a CAS page...I pulled out a pile of PL cards...some from my lovely friend Mary B....some I'd gotten from elsewhere....& used these behind my photo. Somehow, the chippy [A2Z Scraplets & Dusty Attic chicken wire] looked just fine left raw...& the Pink Paislee background paper simply didn't need anything else. So I left it. Walked away. Didn't even FEEL like I should add more.
A rare occurrence, indeedy!!!!
I cut out that arrow with the words from a PL card as well...& stamped the 'highlights' word....added some bits to the green calendar card...
...& I couldn't help adding this GORGEOUS 3rd Eye Flair badge! LOOOVE them:) The alphas are from a giveaway I won from Sandi T....having a BALL with those goodies:):)
And that's about all I can say!!! I DID make an 'oops' with the date - it was actually late June....so instead of trying to rip alphas off etc etc - I just wrote a note on the back of my page......have YOU done that before???
Anyways, thanks for checking this out ~ & happy scrapping!!!
Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES USED & THANKS TO:

16 comments:

  1. I like ! it is hard to walk away sometimes, but like you said it doesn't need anything more, just lovely. Gorgeous photo, the green PL card just picks everything up and makes it pop, they are so versatile. Have a super day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know when to walk away - that's an art in itself. Another gorgeous page Lizzy. I love the background paper and the flair. Good idea not to rip the stickers off - they always rip some of the paper off too. I might just have to steal that idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG girl you crack me up! Love this page! I looked around for some splatters and couldn't believe my eyes! You have RANGE as a scrapper! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzy...thanks so much for the lovely chatty comment you left on my blog :) Yes, I've been a little MIA for the last year but things are getting a little better and I'm getting back into my old self slowly but surely :) LOve your take on that sketch and loving the handwritten journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yep I have put the wrong date on especially when guessing the ages of the kids in older photos! Love that photo, and I am glad you left the layout like it is.. it is perfect.. love that background paper.. and yes back into the school run, back in the car, back out every day... busy busy busy.. I hope your friday with the grand boy was a fun one today.. have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh... no splashes or splodges... lol.... an amazing page and there is no need for any paint or ink...it is perfect the way it is.... Happy scrappy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have used the PL cards in behind the photo and that background paper looks fabby.......a perfect page, Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glorious Lizzy, loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photo too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lizzy! This layout is spectacular and I always love seeing what you are creating! I love your design, your wonderful photo, and everything here. yes, I definitely have made a mistake with the date and other things. Sometimes I try to fix it, but sometimes I just let it be like you did. Putting a note on the back of your layout is pure genius, my friend!!! And I want to thank you for your wonderful visit to my blog, I really enjoy your visits, not only because you say the nicest things, but I love your sense of humor, too! And regarding converting photos to black and white, I convert them in photoshop! I am taking a class right now that has some editing tips and it has really helped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this page Lizzy and it's so beautiful and clean! Love that background patterned paper and the raw chippies! It's so cool that you could leave it as is...sometimes I find it hard to leave it clean too.....but good on you! This is a beaut! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww....such a sweet photo! Love how you kept it CAS so the focus is on the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is wonderful to see that your style is so wide. Gorgeous clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooooooooooooooooo pretty! I love the way you've used the chipboard in place of the wheels and splashes on the sketch.....fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fab fun page!! Love how you've used the PL cards to layer under your photo...must try this!! Gorgeous colour combo you've got happening too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep still a beauty even though the style you chose was CAS. I reckon you did well to walk away, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)