About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 27 July 2014

Scrap Around The World - July 2014 - An Art Journal double.

Yup! I felt like 'switching it up'. And I did NOT feel like doing the traditional, multi-textured, pile of masks, mists, sprays, embossed etc etc pages.
 I wanted to do whimsical. Mainly cos of the Lawn Fawn die cut clouds & suns, & the stamped hot air balloons that I'd gotten a-hold of from the lovely Carol Theng.....& the MOOD BOARD over at SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD was PERFECT for what I had drifting around in my mind.
Took me 2 & 1/2 hours. From go to whoa....pretty good, huh??!!!!
Tusia's mood board:
I took the hot air balloon.....the blue....& that whimsical image top right......and came up with this.....actually, I'll show you what I sort of started with first. This:
And ended with this...well, actually this is part of it...so read this first......& then - I promise......
...this is the whole finished art journal double!!!!!
And my 'forest' is actually just a scrap of left-over paper with ink sprayed on it....works for me, though....can you see my 'trees'????!!!!!!!!!!!!
A couple more closies:
 My die cut clouds....stamped, gessoed then glimmer glazed around the edges!!!!
 Gelatoed suns, too.....
and Staedtler pens were used to colour these in.......thanks so much for checking this one out.....
Cheers, Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: The raindrop stamp is from 3rd Eye:
TES-229 spring shower - rain drops

24 comments:

  1. Yes, you did achieve fun and whimsy Lizzy....love the title and the sense of freedom. 2 and a half hours from start to finish; thats impressive! Is the sun a die cut? it looks fab. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwww! These pages are gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and those balloons!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Lizzy, this is just fantabulous ... loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooo cool Lizzy! Perfect for that mood board too. The trees look really 'moody' with the ink sprayed over them - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is awesome! I love those colours!
    Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a wonderful 2 and half hours of absolute creative fun.. love the balloons, the suns and those rain drops are so cute.. and yes I see the trees!! fabulous take on the mood board Lizzy! and another weekend comes to a close.. slow down weeks....

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh my my, FABULOUS!! I too feel like you too, sometimes, don't want to get into the layering, spraying painting,stenciling etc etc etc... and just do something without! And must say, its worked so brilliantly for you, your trees(how fabby are they!!!!), clouds raindrops sun and balloon!!!! Just shows we don't need to do everything everytime....great to have a little variety methinks!!! REALLY love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, Love your trees ,and those raindrops look pretty darn good as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! LOVE IT LIZZY! Love how mood boards go in so many different ways! Your double page rocks it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy! I'm wondering how you always can do such amazing creations! This is wonderful! :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous journal pages Lizzy.....love this sentiment...so very cool and true! Beautiful work as always....loooooove the balloons.....and the clouds and sun are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome AJ page Lizzy ...... And yes I can seet the fab and creative trees with a brilliant quote ;) great job on using spray inked left over papers.
    ..and the sun is so fab too together with the brilliant balloons and clouds.
    ....thanks for your lovely comment and yes "Port Wenn" is real. Im sure you can't have been too far from it, or Port Isaac as it is called, where it all happens in Doc Martin, when you visited Corn Wall. It is just north of New Quay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic! You should illustrate children's books! Your pages are magical! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome double journal page and I love the step by step. I love the misty forest that is so cool as are the hot air balloons. A lovely vibrant layout. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab double page, it looks like it was lots of fun to create.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely...so fun and whimsical. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea behind your art-journal page! Thank you for playing along with us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great page! Loving the way you did the trees-really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Lizzy, I just absolutely love your take on this challenge! Fabulously done....so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very awesome Lizzy!! YOu totally rocked this!!! THank you for playing along with us at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this looks brilliant, Lizzy!!! Yep, I can see the trees...and the clouds & cute little sun. Love the verse about looking up & the balloons look fabulous :)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic art journal Lizzy!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW love the journal page and those hot air balloons - I'm lovin' them ATM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)