About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Orange Paperie & Co July Challenge...& a post up at SCRAP365

Question. Do YOU do double pages? I did when I first started scrapping. But not so much these days. HOWEVER, John over Orange Paperie & Co has thrown down the challenge.....which [being a really BIG challenge, in more than one sense of the word!!!] I, of course, took up.
The result:
The paper comes from Stampin' Up, but has been gessoed over...then I added [paint tinted] texture paste with a 3rd EYE mask...then I added some mists & sprays...then I added some Distress ink with the same mask! As you do......
You can see the background a little better here & below...& my journaling...!!!!
 I planned to put 8 photos on the double---but I only ended up with 7. Still, not too bad! And that date stamp above? Just occasionally it stamps soooo well that you don't need to do a series of stamping:)
This photo I cut in half. I like that idea....the little cameras I've used & clip are from RAINBOW SPLENDOUR...the locator from a prize over at Scrapstuffz, & the little blue strip is from Sandi T!
Below is a flair I got given from my lovely scrappy friend Sandra Scott....sooo nice I used TWO......

....but that doesn't surprise you, does it???!!!! And then I decided I, myself, needed some flair....so thank you to Ali P from Scrap365:
And one more closie, 'cos I had a bit of a tongue-in-cheek moment with the sentiment here [seeing as it's winter atm!]:
...& to show you it even gets cold in Cairns!
Thanks so much for looking. I'm not sure I've fallen in love with doing doubles, but I must say, they're a fabulous way of scrapping holiday photos!
GOODIES USED & THANKS TO:
Speaking of Scrap365, I'm up over at their blog HERE with a couple more of my 'takes' on the lovely Kreinik threads.....
& that's it from me!
Cheers for now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. You have done a fabulous job with the double. The background fantastic and those flairs are perfect for your story. Always love your journalling and I like your new header on your blog. Have a fabulous day Lizzy
    Oh and thank you for joining in at OP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the photos, the colors and the title work!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a fabulous double layout. So much detail & the flairs are lovely. Your background work is wonderful. Thanks for playing at OP&C Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they sure are a great way to scrap those holiday photos! This looks fabulous, and love the photo cut on the 2 pages.. clever and great way for the flow across the 2 pages.. and hopefully you will get a hot cairns next time.. I am sure the sunshine coast gave you lots of lovely weather though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it ever gets cold in Cairns! LOVE that bg - fabbo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun work on the background paper! Great texture!!! And all the little bits you added for embellishments are so fun and clever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun page, love the fun accents and that you've included lots of journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...this is a beautiful 2pager. Love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow a double pager ..Its wonderful..I loved the textue on bg and those badges add fun !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe holidays are TOTaLLY about the food for me! Brilliant page, love what you've done with the background and lots of cute embellies. I haven't done a double pager for ages but you've got me thinking now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love a good double and this is a corker! The perfect way to scrap holiday photos. What a bummer that it was cold; but then the perfect excuse for eating comfort food. Luuuurve that camera flair!!! Are they available in Oz?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your holiday photos look awesome on a double-page spread! LOVE how you toned down the paper and made it your own with texture paste and fabulous colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well look on the bright side it could have been worse - it could have been raining cats and dogs on top of the cold :D lol... Love the photos and I love whatever you used with the stencil... that shimmery stuff... looks very cool. I love double pages and I miss making them. .. you rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much wonderful texture! Sounds like you had a relaxing time, even if a little chilly. Love that you have made a double spread - I've only done 1!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful 2 pager! Love the way you've used all the photos and decorated this to perfection.....perfect my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome double Lizzy!!! Fabulous photos ... love that you cut one in half ... and stunning bg. Fancy Cairns being cold??? Sounds like you had a great time regardless!! Love this!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like an amazing time & documented on an amazing page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, have to agree, doubles are great for holiday snaps...I probably should do more of them! A fabulous double documenting a bit of R&R. Love your textured background work :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Lizzy. You have so rocked the challenge. Loved what you have done. All that texture. So fsntastic. Thanks for playing along at OP&C

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the double layout and so glad you could use the flairs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lizzy love what you have created for John's Double Challenge..,,,always love your journalling and your texture looks awesome, thanks for sharing at OP&C

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving that design and loving the background! Your double pager is certainly a treat! I don't do many double pagers anymore either...but I had to do one for BoBunny and I really enjoyed it thoroughly! Loving how fresh and light it looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)