About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 31 July 2014

One Little Word #85...

 ONE LITTLE WORD has got 'EVOKE' up for this month's challenging word!
I used it like this:
So, there you have it.....it is really interesting what evokes memories. Here's my whole page -I've also used the Word in my title:
LOTS of Mixed Media....& I've used a feather from our garden, heat embossing it alongside the Imaginarium one I won some time ago!
 Oh, I do sooooo looooooove doing this to feathers!!!!
And did you notice that DELICIOUS 3rd Eye Flair up top?
I've popped it into a bottle cap! They're the perfect size:) I've added enamel dots, some Glimmer Glaze & of COURSE, some nail polish spots, too;)
Finally got my hands on some Silks Acrylic Glaze in Gold, from TIME TO CREATE...a lovely online Aussie store that has reasonable prices & an interesting range of goodies. I've been wanting this since using it up at Mary's place on my Orange scrapping trip!
I've also used a bit of washi tape in there, too.......I really enjoyed doing this challenge - quite thought provoking & I LOOOOVE that they are a mid-month starting challenge!
Thanks for looking ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES USED & THANKS TO:

21 comments:

  1. Love that feather.... with gold!! lovely! I haven't seen this challenge blog before! Great pic to use with the word. Sounds like you had a wonderful time away. sigh.... takes ya back to holidaying.... need to get out of our weather here!!! Hankering for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the colors and the feathers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page, Lizzy. Love what you have done with the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the Queen of feather embossing Lizzy - the two of them look very spesh together. Love your travel photo and your MM background....Thanks for the inspsiraion :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. Beautiful textures! LOVE the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful techniques and textures and such a rich use of colour. Beautiful work Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The texture you created is just amazing...I do love that feather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Lizzy! This is spectacular! I am so happy that the word "evoke" brought you to this wonderful page. Very magical and absolutely beautiful, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OO they sure do evoke memories.. love my photos.. and this page is lovely too.. fabulous details on your back ground, and Tom looks happy and relented too.. and love the feathers.. and thanks so much Lizzy for your encouraging words on my blog.. I really have appreciated them.. you certainly made my day betterer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the bg and what caught my eye was embossed feather n the peacock feather..I have been hoarding it with no idea of how to use it ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm...... Gorgeous gold Lizzy and also like the way u've included evoke in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous LO. Thanks for joining us at one little word.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous! Yes, photo's are wonderful to evoke memories! So many beautiful photos and dressed up lo is what you always present us with....always such a pleasure coming here Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those feathers Lizzy! And what fabulous journaling! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep photo's do it for me to, especially travel photos, they take me right back to the time and place. Love your layout, always enjoy your journalling, fantastic background and such a nice photo. the feather and gold look great a nice finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this page Lizzy!! Certainly agree about photos evoking memories. Gorgeous colour on this page and your feathers are brilliant!!!! Stunning work!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful background & stunning details!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes, photos do it for me too! Love looking back at holiday snaps - gets you right back there reminiscing & wishing you could go again! Another fabulous background ....and I see you are using some chipboard lately, Miss Lizzy, I remember a time when you said you struggled to use it...so happy to see that you've overcome this - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes - photos for me too..Such a nice pic too... I love that feather.... what kind of feathers do you use that they are so sleek. Love the nail polish. Maybe I should do that with some of the ones that are going old.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. The feather is stunning and I love the gold scattered within the page, simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looove the feather and the cool blue background...certainly a photo and page that smacks of vacation! Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)