About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 12 July 2014

LESSology challenge #38 ---- SEW LOVELY!

Hi there! I've been away...still busy recovering from hols AND a week doing FUN things with my step-grand girl...so I've taken the 'cheats' option for this post & am doing the 'cut & paste' option......this is a FUN challenge....SEW easy to do - remember, all you need to do is include at least ONE recycled item...& anything to do with sewing...any sort of project! Hope to see you join us at LESSology:)
Hey there! Sooooo...it's all about sewing stuff.....I have a love-hate relationship with my sewing machine. But I got it out for my card! Sewed around the edges. I even tucked the threads in!!!
Can you see the ticket tucked in there? That was the card that the buttons came on - from my DT mate, Mitra, actually! Recycled...tick! Mind you, the buttons are all 'vintage' as well *winks*
Then I got out a needle & thread & actually sewed a couple of buttons on my card. 
There's also some ribbon & some recycled lace doily in there, too. The background has fibre paste over a square stencil, then white paint over a plastic doily that I use as a mask. The 'hello' sentiment was cut on my Silly machine ~ I've added a little embossing powder to give it some punch. 
 In the centre of the flower I've added another button - removing the shank first, then encircling it with some diamente trim. I reckon that about fills the criteria for this month.
How are YOU going to use the 'sewing' challenge? Can't WAIT to see what you come up with:)
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: That yummy big flower? From The Trinket Track:)

19 comments:

  1. beautiful card. Love the flower & all the details Lizzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly beautiful as always. I have an A5 watercolour paper pad hiding somewhere. I might have to dig it out. I love stitching my pages but I don't often on cards. That will have to change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this over at Lessology last night, love it ! Always love your cards and so shabby chic. Think I will put this challenge on my to do list, I don't mind a bit of machine stitching on a layout. Love the big flower and the feathers to add softness

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS..All Girly :D !! You actually sewed button ..awesome idea ! Feathers,doily pretty bloom with vintage button make it fabulously Shabby Chic :D !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful, I really love the colours and all the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your sweet and beautiful card!!! You should use more of your sewing machine!! The stitches are great enhance on your card!!! I totally agree with you... {Do unto others}.. unfortunately not all humans can practice this!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous Lizzy love the colors! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous shabby chic look Lizzy...love the stitched buttons and the lace...gorgeous result despite your aversion to you sewing machine :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I LOVE THIS!! All THAT PINK!!! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the flower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shabby chic card and you ticked all the boxes too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply simply gorgeous! Totally loving d monochromatic colour scheme and the stunning array of textures. Wish I cud c this card in real, m sure it's a million times more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is sooooo pretty and sewed as well... wow... I love the colours and the vintage feel to it. Lovely Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! How incredibly gorgeous is this??? Absolutely brilliant Lizzy!! Love the background and your flower is stunning!!! Gorgeous colour and beautifully constructed ... love, love, love!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is gorgeous Lizzy. The textures and all the pink goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! How absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, this is really a yummy card Lizzy! You really did work these fabrics beautifully and the colour is divine! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love you delightful sewing card Lizzy, it looks beautiful with the soft colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)