About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 13 July 2014

FEELING SKETCHY #94 & THE MIXED MEDIA CARD #1 CHALLENGES

Since it is now well & truly July...& Since Christmas in July is a long held Aussie tradition....you know what I'm gonna say, don't you? YUP! Chrissy cards;)
FEELING SKETCHY #94. The sketch:
 
 Now, I started with the idea of dragging out my die cuts that I RARELY use....someone else I've recently visited was doing just that...sorry, I can't remember who, or I'd link you:( Aaaaanyways....the idea sort of evolved from this sketch to this:
 That bg was white card stock. I swear it was! I added 2 sets of different stamps, then gessoed it all...then added some White Out [Liquitex] & Glimmer Glaze droplets. Rather neat effect, I think:)
 And yes, the 'Christmas Wishes' sentiment is FUSSY CUT. Ugghhh! You can see all the die cut layers here...
Tell me you can still see the basis of the sketch? Even if you can't, I'm happy for you to say you can *winks*!!!! 
Meanwhile, there's a NEW SKETCH BLOG IN TOWN.......
Here's their criteria:
 
 My 'touches of nature' include the molding pasted glittered up flower stencil on the edges & the deer:
I got that bit of blue, because I'm a lazy scrapper, & when I squeezed out the modeling paste, I hadn't cleaned off the blue paint from another project.....so it accidentally got on some...so I thought, hey, it looks OK...so added a bit more:)
I've also stamped the 'December' stamp & that background one with the writing lines in the background. And OF  COURSE, that's white nail polish on my wooden stars:):)
Sooooo...shall I ask 'the' question? Have you started YOUR cards? I noticed Scrapbooking Memories is asking for Christmas submissions......now THERE'S a scary thought for you:):)!!!!!
On that note - happy scrapping! 
Lizzy ♥♥♥
NB: I'm still using up the fabulous giveaway kit I got from SCRAPTASTIC!!!!

28 comments:

  1. You should design paper that looks like that...white will just not do. Love your cards and the layering is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrggghh....here you are with the C word again! This year, I'm going to pay attention, I promise. I love the happy accident with the stencil; it was meant to be. The die cuts look fab; great job all round :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!! I love love love love the layers and that deer!! And I LOVE Christmas ... so you can share it all year round in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful! I love the size of the cards you do too.. fabulous embellies and back grounds Lizzy! and yes we are on the down hill run into December aren't we! (insert sinister laugh here....!!!!) (or was that an insane laugh!!!???) ( or nervous denial laugh!!???) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enough with the Christmas already! nah only kidding, just because I am never organised. I LOVE your Christmas cards, the second is my favourite as I have a thing for Reindeers :) and I love the blue and white Christmas Colours with the touch of glitz, just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and a wonderful combination of colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always get cracking in July for Christmas Lizzy!! I'm determined this year to be better too!! Thanks for the inspo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my comment just disappeared!! You always get cracking on Christmas in July! Thanks for the inspo & prompting!! And I suggest (re above) that you disable the anonymous option...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lizzy. Two fabulous and creative Christmas cards. Especially love the one with the mixed media. That gold reindeer is awesome! And love all the sparkle and shine you've added ... and white nail polish - clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lizzy. Always happy to 'meet' another Aussie papercrafter! I love your mixed media card! I'd say the blue paint is a happy mistake! I'm very impressed that you're already making Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look absolutely beautiful .. Love both cards!! Awesome background and fabulous layering!! You rock!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed catching up on all your posts Liz and saved this one to last. Really like the way you've layered the die cuts. I've just bought myself a silly and honestly a little overwhelmed with what to do next :p so your card has def given me an idea or two.

    Your second card...... Yummy bg. The blue look fab actually. Thank you very much for joining the very first challenge over at The Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. both cards are fabulous, love how different they are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to say that I am with Helen on this one...whats up with C stuff in July... Pllllleeeeeeeeze.... BUT having said that they are both loverly for Christmas... May have to lift those ideas. Good on you for getting ahead of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Lizzy - such gorgeous cards!! You totally rocked the fussy and die cutting!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Naaah!!! I'm with Lizzyc on this one .. nervous denial laugh!! Can't be less than 6 months to Christmas, we only just celebrated New Year!!! Love your cards, absolutely awesome and so good when accidents turn out to be happy ones!! Thanks for the inspiration Lizzy, might just have to start thinking about Christmas after all!! Aughhhhhhh!!! Not yet!! Not yet!!?? hehe! ox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woooow! So many amazing works in one post! Great job Lizzy! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. You certainly go all-out with your Christmas cards. Lots of yumminess! Mine are mostly CAS. And nope, I haven't started.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Lizzy, I love fussy cutting

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cards! Yes I can see the sketch and I love Christmas in July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. well hello there :)! I was hoping you´d find time to play along!! great card, love the colours, the texture and the little embellishments!! thanks for joining in with us at MMCC :) xoxo, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Both of these are just fantastic! Love the Christmas feel!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic layering and beautiful card ! Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card - love all those gorgeous details. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your cards are awesome Lizzy! I love the layered diecut one and the mixed media one too! It's such a scary thought that very soon Christmas is just a few months away...if July is over then it seems to rush towards December! I had better get my butt into gear! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card ! Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card Lizzy, & a wonderful joy to behold. Love your layers of Christmas happiness & a tad of too of misting!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.
    Debi - DT Co-ordinator@FS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)