About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 2 June 2014

PURPLE PUMPKIN JUNE CHALLENGE

Good morning! Today my lovely scrappy friend, Yvonne Yam, has created the sketch for our June PURPLE PUMPKIN challenge:
I had fun with some bg misting, then stamping ----a little star 3rd Eye stamp in here beside a Kaisercraft numbers one:) The journal cards are from my scrappy friends Sanna & Mary B - thanks girls!!
Below is a FABULOUS Purple Pumpkin denim flower & the little button is from The Trinket Track, as are the cork stars...
I must say, these PP spotty buttons are still a firm fave....love how they come in different sizes, too:) I've used some PP chippy on one of their tags here to create my cluster:
And a music button...cos to Jonno, running IS music!!! Take note, Sandra Wallace.....barb wire washi...thank you my friend;)
And my page for our CHALLENGE this month:
This bloke is married to my DH's grand-daughter....he is a FABULOUS fella....& running has become his 'thing' the last 12 months or so....in it's many & varied forms. Whilst I don't understand anyone actually wanting to run...& yes, Sarah Groen, I'm including you [!!!], I do ADMIRE them for it.....
would LOOVE to see you join in this month's PP challenge, of course:) You know I enjoy RUNNING around & seeing what you've created....
so...happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

18 comments:

  1. Hehe Lizzy - Ill take that as a complement lol. I actually agree with you most days running is crazy! Its not the actual running that is enjoyable it is that smug feeling of self satisfaction that you get afterwards that I love :) Love your page! Those photos are really great! - It looks like a very muddy run that he was doing :) Love the PP goodies - especially that music note button and, ofcourse your BG is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background on this one and the photos are fabbo with all the buttons and journal cards. I'm really loving the barbed wire washi too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great sketch! and I love your take on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderfully grungy blokes page Lizzy. I'm with you, who would want to run. I've been told it's therapeutic, but have yet to be convinced. Love the fabric covered buttons and the barbed wire elements. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cool sketch, and I just love what you did with it! Really awesome "guy" page, Lizzy! So much movement and energy. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colour scheme on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lizzy this is stunning, I really love your take on the sketch and it is very blokey too.. Yeah I am with you... if you ever see me running, you better run too cos it will only mean something big is chasing me!!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this page and do agree with you on the running thing...now a nice walk where you can enjoy the flowers...PP sketch is awesome, so cool Yvonne! Rock on with those spotty buttons, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, totally fun page Lizzy! You always do such a lovely job of getting good story telling photos into your scrappilicious pages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the circle elements...and that Purple Pumpkin flower is gorgeous. Stunning page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what an amazing masculine layout!! Love your grungy touches!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful Lizzy! I feel inspired just looking at it. That's inspired to scrap, NOT to run! Hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete

  13. fantastic layout and I love the story behind it. I have to agree with you on the running thing, a nice walk is much better :) and love your play on words, running around looking at blogs is about the only running I do as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great! Packed full of action! Love the design and the mix with the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous...love how you "dirtied" up the background to match the photo. And those polka-dotted buttons are my fave from Purple Pumpkin...the round SRM Stickers fit nicely on them too...*winks*

    P/s: Running is so not my thing. I'd rather do 30 minutes of kick-boxing than 10 minutes of running. People talk about the runner's high...I always get the runner's low...lol...But I suppose if I had to run to save my life, I would...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome layout Lizzy...love your take on the sketch.........love the grungy look with all the layers and embellies.. and fab. photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous page....again, love the design here and the super background! Love the elements.. so perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice Lizzy & complements the photos perfectly! Believe it or not I used to be a runner!! Should have kept it up that's for sure! Now my son runs. It's cool once you are fit!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)