About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 12 June 2014

Paper Dvizhnik #44 - A CANVAS. Don't die of shock:)

It's funny, I'm playing along a SECOND time in the same month at PAPER DVIZHNIK....blame it on Sandi T!!! Loved the look of this challenge - use black & white & 5 shades of the one colour....well, my shades are subtle, but they're all there. I figured using different mediums would give me different colours...so I went with that idea!

Here's my wee canvas - it measures 18x12cm:
I've got a pale apricot behind it all, then a yellow-ish apricot....the wire is a coppery orange, the pen around 'Wisemans Ferry' quite bright, the distress ink over the date banner is a honey-ish colour & the bird is covered in 'Smooch', which is a cheery orange.....then there is some scrunched up tissue paper ON the photo that is a slightly different shade again;)
Some closies:



I sanded the photo back quite hard, to get this effect & I was really happy with it! I just LOOOOVE crunching in autumn leaves - not that we have many here, because it's 'sub-tropical'...but up in the mountains behind us, where we went for a day trip...well, as you can see...I FOUND some leaves to crunch in!!!!
Thanks for looking, my scrappy friends ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Yes why am I up so early??? Well you may ask!! hehe! anyway I should not be on here but I just had to pop by and say I love your little canvas.. very autumn colors, and we have lots of leaves up here should you ever feel like crunching away again...!!!Have a great day.. now I am off...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your Autumn canvas Lizzy!! All the mixed media elements look fabulous and I love how you sanded the photo. Thank you so much for the encouraging comments on my Kaiser post. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - this is totally stunning! Love, love the subtleness, such a gorgeous piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is soooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love love love all the leaves!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're fearless with your approach to art Lizzy. I love that you tackle anything at all and give it your own special twist. I've yet to try a canvas although I have one sulking in the corner of my scrap room, just begging to be used :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had the same confidence when it comes to mixed media. This is beautiful Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo sanding looks so effective. I really love this canvas, Lizzy. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is VERY cool, I love it ! Love the photo sanded back so much, it gives a great effect. And why didn't go tell me you love crunching Autumn leaves, I could have taken you to the park to crunch till your hearts content ! Don't forget we have to do Helen's challenge to :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful canvas!!! I am so happy you took part in Paperdvizhnik's challenge! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So inspirational Lizzy. Just beautiful. I would love to one day really get messy in a mixed media project but I just can't seem to get going. I will persevere with my scrapbook layouts until I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5 shades of orange? I would never have thought of that! Only the famous Lizzy-who-thinks-outside-the-square could think of that one! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy guacamole this is awesome Lizzy! Love how you've sanded the photo and I can absolutely see each and every shade there. And on canvas, no less! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Lizzy!! This is so fun and fabulous. A perfect backdrop for this great photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sanding of the photo looks awesome, well done for creating such a fabbo canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rock star! Crunching is fun! So pretty! Love the shoes too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a delightful canvas...love your use of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous canvass Lizzy - love those Autumn colours. You can almost hear those leaves crunching!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your "arty side" just rocks. Love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. cool challenge, I wish I had time to do this...love their challenges!!!! gorgeous result, my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool & just love the photo & the artsy look to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this Lizzy! Great take on the challenge! This is my challenge that I made up for the blog....so glad that you played along..................you did one amazing creation here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the autumn colours of this canvas. Great photo, too. I love autumn leaves - the many colours and the crunching of the leaves. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)