About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 1 June 2014

Orange Paperie May challenge

Hey there my scrappy friends - well, lucky for me the ORANGE PAPERIE challenge closes on the 5th of the following month - so I had time to think about, then do a page based on this inspiration:


I've used the word 'beautiful' & also the 'idea' of the quote...plus the greens & natural sort of colours. I took the circle idea & also added some hearts in the bg as well.
I've 'used' Heather J's punched edge idea...thought it added to the page...lots of stamping, the Dusty Attic chicken wire chippy has been painted...the little house Distress inked....a fair bit of writing - here's a closie:
 
the other 'writing':
The little red arrow in the circle stamps are 3rd Eye....& you can just see that barbed wire washi [thanks Sandra W!!!] Below is my background work:
And a few more, just cos I'm having fun with collages again, after a while of not doing them!

The Top R shows a Stash Panache flair [thanks Ali P]; you can spy Mitra P glitter dots & Trinket Track cork stars...Bottom R is a lovely Studio Fourteen 40 flair from Dolly B....yum!
Thanks so much for popping in & for all the love you guys leave....I really appreciate it:):)
Lizzy ♥♥♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Heather Jacobs 

22 comments:

  1. A wonderful page with "a day in the life of" theme. Just goes to show, you never know when you are making a memory. I like the chippy and the cluster of heart, home and that yummy flair button. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I so agree with you on the photo, what a precious memory.. and you have put your heart on this too with all the special 'Lizzy" touches, amazing back ground and journalling to rekindle the moment in the photo.. beautiful take on the challenge Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the honeycombs and the photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Lizzy , love love love this, and that first photo is so beautiful, you could maybe scrap that one day ? I love that Edge punch too as You have most likely guessed that , I use it on everything !!!! love this post Lizzy gorgeous work xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love this Lizzy, so many special memories and gorgeous embellies and background work to look at .
    A wonderful layout and thank you for joining in at OP
    Now I am off to do some baking for a very special visitor tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo...and I love your handwritten journalling. Stunning mixed media background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing photos where your boys were smaller!! this is a fab page and the tiny dots stencil looks really good there (my fave stencil too :)...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw this on fb...it's awesome and I love it all...esp the textured bg, the pops of teal and red PLUS the chickenwire cb - it looks so real and rustic...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lizzy what a fabulous layout and a fabulous memory. THis is so special and this layout is packed full of goodness. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool layout, Lizzy!!! And seriously? 199 followers & 99 bloglovin' followers! Lol!!! Your blog is the only one that I notice that always seems to be on the edge of a milestone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That background is amazing! So many things to look at. Great walk down memory lane...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing layout Lizzy! Love the punched edges and all of the details! You do such a great job with your journaling. Something I should do, but never seem to! Love the old photo and seeing kids having fun the way it use to be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special layout & photo! My dd (the eldest) was born in 1996 so a little bit younger, but I've got loads of photos like these and yet I always scrap the new ones .... going to look through my boxes and albums to find a photo like this! You've really inspired me!! Adore your page with the chickenwire chipboard and all the textures. Just awesome my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its wonderful page Lizzy !! Loved the bg work...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The page is rock star, but your post made me SMILE AND SMILE! Thanks girl! Hugs from NY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what an extraordinary layout, LIzzy!! Your details come together for a stunning page that tells your story so beautifully!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lizzy I really like how you've interpreted the challenge. I think old photos still deserve their place in today's scrapbooks. I enjoyed your journaling too. Let me know when you pay another visit to Orange & I'll organise to make the trip over to meet you IRL. Thanks for joining in on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat look this one has! Love everything about it! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love your layout Lizzy.....and love your journaling!
    Very precious memories captured. Thank you for sharing with us at OP&C

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this Lizzy, lovely background work & a lovely memory. Thanks for joining us at OP&C

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this page! Love the chicken wire and barbed wire, which just adds to this homely, backyard feel. Love the journalling....Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a feel good page Lizter!! Gorgeous touches to it too - so homely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)