About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 5 June 2014

One Little Word #83 Challenge...

Hi there! I'm entering this challenge with a page I've had sitting around that I was really NOT happy with...so I actually ripped it apart. You think I'm kidding? NUP! Here's the EVIDENCE:
I knew that I wanted to use ONE LITTLE WORD's word  'WILL' on the page. Because that's what you say when you get married....
So, I stamped with my pebbles stamp that I got from Sandi T [LOVE it!!] a trail of 'I will' down the page:) 
I also created a background with Gelatos, & I know it's a while, but I'm doing a tutorial on how to create this bg over at Off The Rails in July...so I'll let you know when that's up - I know a few of you out there want to learn how to do that....so it WILL come along;)
Anyways, here's my Lo for One Little Word:
It's a big photo....but I think I got it to work! Some closies:
Vellum...love it! Heat & dry embossed here:)
 Some Studio Calico hearts & that Glimmer Glaze is YUM! And old Purple Pumpkin button....
And a 'before' then 'after' of my bottom cluster....amazing what a bit of gesso does, & some stamping on the punched out heart.......
that's it from me.....the thing about One Little Word, is their challenges start mid month - so you've got piles of time to join in:)
Bye for now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. Your a ruthless woman ripping your layout apart lol, but what you have now done looks Great. Love the vellum hearts, they are perfect trailing down the side of your photo. I guess you are relaxing with your cup of tea and blog hopping this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is just beautiful! A keeper for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it great when we can take something and incorporate it into something else! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - some things just need to be ripped up. It's liberating to start again. Love the finished products with the trailing vellum hearts. The yellow/orange MM background looks so cheerful and sunny - a perfect page for a perfect photo :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked that rip up!!!!!! This is GORGEOUS! I love love love love the colors, the photo and the repeated "I will"!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are finally happy with your piece! I really love the colours and the beautiful embossing on vellum. Love the photo of the two gazing at each other oblivious to the surroundings...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page. Thanks for joining us at one little word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a awesome feeling when d page finally looks like what u want. It's lovely Liz. I shall wait patiently for d gelato tute. It's one medium I def want in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Yeah!! I agree Lizzy!! Sometimes things just have to get ripped apart and redone. You must be really happy with this page now because it is yummy-licious!!! The background is fabulous and I love those vellum hearts sewn together. Absolutely stunning creation!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am mesmorized by the beauty and colourful work of art Lizzy... Those hearts are really fun and funky and I love the "will" print....just gorgeous !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you really did Rip up the old layout! This one looks wonderful.. I love the big photo, it works perfectly.. love the hearts too and your fabulous back ground.. I look forward to seeing the tute you did on it.. I WILL look forward to that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just gorgeous - I love your 'new' page :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE IT! The stamping, the fact you go mad at your previous page and wanted a do-over, yet saved pieces, the colors, very very lovely! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOOD for you for not giving up on that layout & then end up creating a GORGEOUS page...

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a gorgeous page Lizzy! I love the black and white photo and the yellow /orange colouring! Great design and I love the stamping!. One knows when you are happy with a page and when you are not...so glad you could actually rescue some of it and use it to create this super page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I have done that before too. Ripped a page apart and redone it. The stamping looks so cool and I really love the vellum hearts. That photo is beautiful too. Sounds like a perfect wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic page. Love your creativity and the lovely bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have ripped apart many pages after not stopping with mixed media. Your page is vibrant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the hearts & very beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. To create something so lovely with a previously ripped apart LO is just wonderful. I'm so impressed by your determination to get to a design that you love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)