About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 16 June 2014

Once Upon A...Sketch June Challenge

 
Hi there! This month at Once Upon A...Sketch we have a VERY interesting journaling prompt:
"THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS"
IMPORTANT: You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. And PLEASE, let us know in your post where your journalling is!
 
There are some WONDERFUL takes on this challenge from our amazing OUAS DT....& the sponsors this month are pretty darn cool, too, including our own Aussie gal, CHANTAL VANDENBERG. There are ELEVEN SEPARATE PRIZES to win this month...that's not bad odds, I must say!!! For more info pop on over to our OUA...S blog.
The bg paper WAS cream....one of those papers I have 'thrown' a pile of stuff at over different times...til it turned into this...then I just had to 'wait' til the right photo came marching along that wanted it for the bg!!
For Helen W [& anyone else who is either a journal freak, or plain sticky beak like MOI], here's what the journaling says:
Beatrice Anne Johnson, then Hill, then Grieg. Mother, grandmother & here Great- grandmother extraordinaire. She was a single Mum in the 1930s - had very little in the way of material possessions; forced to return home to her parents with 2 young sons in tow. She knew that the best thing in life by far was the time she could spend with her family - the love & acceptance she could freely bestow. Miss you Nana G.....
That lovely blue scalloped sticker comes from my scrappy mate Jo...the hearts have been 'nail polished' [getting quite a collection of colours, I am! And NEVER for my nails;)]
The 'cuddle' flair got splashed with alcohol ink... had that one for AGES....never thought I'd use it. Just goes to show!1!
On the left edge you can see a YUMMY 3rd Eye Crafts flair....under the photo is a little 7 Dots Studio grey sticker that I 'fussied' up alongside my Purple Pumpkin twine...thanks for that frame, Mary B!
 Some Silly die cuts arrows......& of COURSE, some Glimmer Glaze!!
Anyways, I've rambled enough.....thanks for looking:) 
Lizzy ♥♥♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:

17 comments:

  1. outstanding with a capital O .... loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Lizzy! Love your background work and the gorgeous colours you've used. (And "the nail polish treatment" too! hehe) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo very special Lizzy, I read the journalling and thought what an amazing lady and looking at her gentle smile and lovely face she looks like a really wonderful person too.. love your back ground, love your cute little embellies that you place around your page.. a lovely take on the challenge too.. have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors, the banner and that journaling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a woman! A single parent in the 30's would have been hard yakka. Thanks for sharing the journalling - I think I fall into both those categories! I love the flairs and the little banner, but most of all I love that this special woman holds a special place in your heart and is remembered so fondly. Beautiful work :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow !! Its Beautiful..loved the banner n bg most !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah so beautiful Lizzy, Helen says it all so eloquently. You certainly found the right photo for your background, very special. Love the title, love the journalling. The pink and green looks so good together and I am enjoying going back to look at all the special little touches you have added. A fave for sure

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout Lizzy and a wonderful tribute to an exceptional lady. I love this. Love all the the attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Extraordinarily layout (I can't believe that was cream cardstock) about an extraordinary woman. Beautiful details. I will have to invest in nail polish next;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Lizzy! I love the details and the way the bg was just sitting around waiting for the right pic! I have a few of those too....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Lizzy & so full of punchy detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet page Lizzy....such a sweet, sweet photo! Love the colours and all your little bits, that really make this page fresh and stylish! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that background! So artsy. And all the little bits that you've added. It looks amazing Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! The journaling looks great here. Such a perfect mix with this sketch. Love everything about this Lizzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your combination of colours on this special layout. Love how you have done your journaling and love that sweet banner, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)