About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 8 June 2014

LESSology - ANIMAL challenge for June...

I have to tell you, I am not good at using animals on my pages. I do ADORE butterflies but I rarely use them....birds, the same....BUT I did manage a couple here...
 ..one was on the paper, then I stamped, water-coloured & fussy cut another one:) And my page is about an animal...WALLY...the wonder dog! Lucky I've got him to scrap, eh??!!!
 Isn't he CUTE? The arrow near the wood 'big smiles' [from Elle's Studio, BTW!] is cut from a cereal box! And my biggest recycled element is the tag, tucked in behind the photo, created from packaging:
 And this is how it looks after just one coat of BLACK GESSO....it's amazing how much better the white gel pen writes on the gesso instead of normal card stock, too:)
 
I could have done another coat of gesso, but I rather liked this 'rustic' look...suited my page:)
While I had the gesso out, this RED PAPER CLIP also got a coat....the yellow is Glimmer Glaze....
A bit of hessian, another bit of stamping packaging, a few sentiment stamps, arrows....& that's about it!
Here's the PRIZE up for grabs this month:


A $20 gift voucher from THE FLYING UNICORN !!!!!
Hoping you get a chance to join us at LESSology - remember, ANY sort of creation, as long as you follow the theme & use at least ONE recycled item......
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
CSI / FLYING UNICORN ~ alphas
LINDA EGGLETON ~ the paper [from looooong ago!!! ]
ELLE'S STUDIO ~ wooden embellie

14 comments:

  1. Oh I like this one.... I love what you did with the tag and the black gesso ... I just managed to get hold of some. That photo is just so special and it sounds like a perfect way to while away the time. Love this Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love this sooooooooo much!!!!! That photo is PRECIOUS and loving the tag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy thats such a gorgeous photo and I love the idea of black gesso with the white pen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Lizzy - dogs, like babies, bring such unconditional love. Wally certainly looks happy on the knee whilst watching the passing parade. Love the black gesso, white gel pen idea. Might just have to pinch that idea! Love the way you made that older paper sit up and sing. Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page Lizzy!!! Wally is adorable and very obviously loves the attention!! I have black gesso but never thought about using it like this so thanks for the inspo!! Gorgeous page ... it definitely made me smile!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute page lizzy - not sure who's having the best time Wally or Tom :) Love the mask you have used on your background too. I'll have to try that black gesso trick too! Oh and yes I am seriously smitten with arrow-shaped paper-clips :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ya! This looks lovely, even Wally is smiling for the photo. Love your clusters! Great colors! And love al the word phrases too! And had a wonderful time at the show. Spent lots had fun scrapping with Gwen in Bec"s class, wonderful day! Sigh went so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Lizzy, such a happy photo, Wally has a BIG smile and he is super cute. A lovely moment preserved forever , scrapped beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout Lizzy! Love the electric blue alphas to tie in with the shirt & all the awesome textural bits too. Wally is quiet the spoilt pooch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lot's of altered goodness here! That 'red' paper clip?? How cool! Yes, cute, happy doggie you've got there too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Lizzy!!! Clever upcycling !!! Absolutely stunning page my friend!!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page, love the use of black gesso !

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful page! looove the colours and layers on this one. veeery clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was totally surprised to read that you're not into animals on your pages. Well they look absolutely convincing on your page. And thanks for introducing me to black gesso (never knew such a thing existed before)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)