About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 20 May 2014

The Scrapbook Store May Sketch challenge

Hullo my scrappy friends! I rather fancied tackling this sketch, up at The Scrapbook Store. I STARTED following the sketch, created by the lovely Marelize F.....but it sort of took on a little extra life of its own:):)!!!!!
 
This LO is about my son & his Aunty - they are both red heads....Sheryl has always been close to my boys & we were blessed that she was able to come up & stay with us all for a few days before Alex & Neri's wedding in 2013....& as you will see down further, they got on as well as ever!
 The 'bling' arrows were from a Prima Giveaway I won; that 'dot' from Mitra - thank you! LOOOVED them!!!
 A Flair for Buttons badge...also from a giveaway I won. LOOOVE their badges! I had fun with templates & masks & doodling on the bg of this page!!
 I also used up a few rub ons that I've had hanging around for a LIFETIME...or so it seems!!!
I'm not going to bore you with the journaling. There's a lot. That's why it ended up there....but good luck if you want to crick your neck to read it, LOL!!! LOTS of washi tape here, too...
Right, that's it for me today:) Hope you have a lovely scrappy one if poss! 
Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:

14 comments:

  1. I like it when a sketch inspires you & you end up with a layout that has your own spin on it! The journaling on the side looks AWESOME... FANTASTIC layout Lizzzy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors, the torn papers and the bling!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Lizzy, and fantastic use of the sketch! So happy to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep they take a life of their own sometimes and go on a little journey, but a sketch is a good starting point at times. This looks great ! The torn bit of PP down the centre really makes your lovely photo stand out and I am loving using old rub-ons at the moment.
    turned a little chilly here, don't think we are going to be lucky enough to have the lovely weather in a few weeks time, but you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the chalkboard look against the salmon colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sketch really just is the inspiration point and how closely one sticks to it is a matter of the mind, if you dont mind it doesnt matter!! hehe.. really love that color combo and loved the ripped paper too.. great photo of great mates, I hope your week is going well.. jolly wednesday already tomorrow.. where are the days going?????????

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a gorgeous layout, I love your color combo, even though I am not such a fan of that orangeish (?) colour, however it works sooooo well on this page with the dark colours!! gorgeous work!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty from you Lizzy...I love this sketch and must find time to have a go at it. Your page is chock full of yummies as usual and I love the flairs...such a fan these days. I did have to crick my neck to read the journalling, 'cos I love a good story and this was a special one. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this page Lizzy - love the unusual chalk board effect and the torn edges - Oh and your journaling is NEVER boring. I always love to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when a sketch takes on a life of it's own...you have put your creative stamp on this one. Your page is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how your page turned out Lizzy.... fab colours, elements and journaling on the side.. So pleased you joined in this month....Awesome layout! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh..this looks amazing. The dark background really makes all the elements pop. I love the "piechart" element with the text on the bloom. And awesome that you used some rub-ons....I only have a small box of it but can't seem to use them up either...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this layout and that photo is wonderful. I love red heads... The journalling looks perfect on this layout Lizzy. I can still see the sketch in there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how wonderful! Love the pink strip....it really 'pops'. Such a beautiful, beautiful lo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)