About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 24 May 2014

SCRAP AFRICA challenge #29 & a Final Zeus & Zoe project...

I don't often have a chance to join in over at Scrap Africa, but this CARD challenge REALLY tickled my fancy! And the DT inspiration was FABULOUS...Helen's , Marelize's & Erica's hot air balloons in particular, really 'struck a note' ~ soooo I did this with some balloon prints I'd gotten from Meg's Garden:
 Hoping you can see which is the male & female card, LOL...cos that's what we had to make - one of each. I used the same sentiment on both [Silly die cuts].

I've fussy cut the balloons, then used inks to watercolour them. That pp is MME with gold & silver embossing as well as some ink & misted hexagon masks:
 For the 'girly' card I used lots of beads, sequins, Liquid Pearls & dimensional paint over a mask:

Thanks Scrap Africa for this challenge:)
Meanwhile, my last project for
ZEUS & ZOE:
FLOSS
...you're wondering about Floss, right? No, not DENTAL - that would hardly go with a Vintage page! My grandmother - actually Florence, but fondly known by one & all as Floss!
My time at Z & Z ended in April, but I had sooo much fun with the lovely STUFF from the shop, I did this extra page. Here's a 'cut & paste' from the blog...
For my layout today, I wanted to focus on the vintage papers....so, here is my Grandmother 'Floss' in all her youthful glory...
 ...well, she's coming, but I'm sure she was a BEAUTIFUL ROSE!!! LOL...from the Etsy shop, of course. The rose - not my Grandma!!
  And no, she's not a fussy cut [fiddly!] owl overlaid on MORE fussy cut papers either...but she was VERY wise. I miss her soooo much:(
  And yes, I did - DO - adore her! The ticket is not from the shop...but the lace & all those yummy papers are:)
 And this bit of another page...ripped off...just fitted that 1930s 'vibe' Grandma gives off..another fussy cut birdy sticking his beak in....& YES! Grandma was THE ultimate sticky beak!!!!!
And I loved her soooo much - the scalloped lace at the bottom WAS around a vintage doily...I really didn't want to cut it up, but it was sent to me to be used, so I bravely chopped into it:)
Hope you enjoyed seeing what Vintage Bliss is awaiting you at the Etsy Shop!!!
Thanks for looking!
And as always, HAPPY SCRAPPING ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

36 comments:

  1. you will win this challenge, you rocked it!
    I love the balloons :) your cards are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word Lizzy.... So much creativity in one go.. I love the air baloons and all the bling and super cool embellishments. Stunning work all of of them :) Have a fab weekend Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzy, so glad you liked the challenge at Scrap Africa. We all loved it as well and you have certainly done an excellent job with these cards. I love the balloons! Thanks for playing along xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and layout lizzy....thanks for always sharing all your tips and techniques.....brilliant work. x..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two stunning cards Lizzy - I love the hot air balloons and the gold embossing. A neat idea to use the same sentiment for both cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Africa. :D
    The layout of Floss is a gorgeous vintage page - Bravo for chopping into the doily and the I love the bird to go with her nature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* these are sooooooooo gorgeous!!! I love love love love those balloons and the owl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look wonderful LIzzy.. Your cards are amazing, love how you have used the hot air balloons.. and love the layout.. and you are never going to guess what???? My heart stopped for a second when I read your Grandma's name was Florence.. because my Mum's Mum's name was....... drum roll........ Florence too.. and her maiden name was Knight.... Can you believe it?? I should try and find a photo and send it to you.. I hope your weekend is going well..

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cards are soooooooooooooooooo awesome. LOVE everything about it!!!
    Your blog is a constant inspiration for me and I enjoy reading it so much.
    Thank you Lizzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also looking forward to your card Lizzy..they are different and I love them.today's cards are no exception..Awesome take ..loved his n hers both of them!! torn paper edges,gold embossing,texture ..pp balloons..WOW !! Lovely snap of your Grandma ..gorgeous Lo !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful cards. I love that you used hot air balloons on both and it is amazing the difference the colours and a bit of bling does. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous and creative are your cards, I do love the hot air balloons theme, Also you page is a stunner. love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning pair of cards Lizzy! Love the balloons...whimsical and vintage at the same time.... that touch of gold embossing is beautiful....its perfect!
    Gorgeous LO of you Grandmother - she sure is 'tres chic'. Lovely vintage LO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE both the cards and how you have done the male and female. The hot air balloons look fabulous and love the gold embossing, Love how you have the wood PP behind them both and the pink texture on the Female. You rock cards. You had me smiling reading down the description of your layout of Florence, had me busting to get to the end to actually see Florence. Very Clever Lizzy, I really enjoyed meeting Florence and learning about her as I went and a gorgeous layout as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. saw these cards on FB this morning and adore them! both gorgeous!! great layers and fussy cutting and details, all in there! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those cards Lizzy!!! The balloons are awesome and love the silver and gold embossing. Love that gorgeous page too!! Your grandma sounds like a lovely lady and you were very brave to cut up that doily, but it was worth it wasn't it?? Stunning page!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow wow wow !!!!! striking and stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving those cards, Lizzy! The balloons are such a happy element, and I love the shiny gold in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got some awesome hot air balloons going on there Lizzy! Mixed media goodness too! And a really lovely vintage page!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovin the texture on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Gorgeous cards!!! Amazing texture and details!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lizzy your cards are absolutely stunning. I love the hot air balloons. Really cute. Thanks for sharing and thanks for playing with at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Lizzy, these cards are stunners! Love the hot air balloons and the mixed media! Just fabulous! Love your vintage page as well....the mute colours are just perfect here! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards AND layout! love your take on the He&She theme. those hotair balloons are awesome and I really love all the mixed media products that you added to the background.
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap Africa, and I do hope to see your beautiful creations over there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh...love the hot air balloons...and all the little bits of goodies and gold embossing!
    And how elegant is that layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving your cards Lizzy!! They are super-duper gorgeous!!! And I love your vintage-y layout too!!! Beautiful!!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow so much eye candy! here! Sensational Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cards are gorgeous Lizzy. Love the embossing on the masculine one... how did you get that effect I love it. So sorry that I have not been to visit but hectic trying to catch up. I have missed seeing your work... THanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my! What gorgeous cards. I love your hot air balloons, especially the girlie one. And the gold and silver on both cards looks amazing. Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Stunning cards ! Love tía,
    Thanks forlaying with us at scrap Africa,
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. your cards are wonderful! love these balloons very much! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  31. love your card..both are beautiful!! love the balloons...and fabulous vintage page!!! Take care xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful, beautiful post! I really love vintage....that lo is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow ! Huge thank you for those cards, they are absolutely amazing. So much detailed work, beautiful backround work, loooove it. Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap Africa, love Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my, those are absolutely, positively gorgeous! Those balloons are beautiful, and I LOVE the touch of glitter. Thank you for sharing you work and playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)