About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 16 May 2014

PURPLE PUMPKIN & ANOTHER FREAKING SCRAPPY CHALLENGE

Hi there! Today I'm up over at Purple Pumpkin, with a page I got featured over at CSI for challenge #120...closed now...but they ALWAYS have one on the go, & they are AWESOME! I hope you can pop on over to have a peek at my CAS page....well, as CAS as I could manage. Here's a couple of sneaks:
 Pretty soft colours with some Trinket Track hearts & PP twine...
And a vellum pocket I made for my journaling - done on a vintage tag I picked up a couple of years ago on holiday in Tasmania...
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, the challenge over at
is to scrap a baby photo plus something unusual or interesting...I had a page left in the little 6"x8" 'me' album I've been working on for a few years [eeek!]....so scrounged up this small original photo. Believe me, trying to pile on 'stuff' onto a little page is NOT easy!
 I had some left over paper from my DT stint at Zeus & Zoe, so I added a mask, misting, some stamping, distress ink & Glimmer Glaze! The silver sparkle is my signature nail polish - on chippy that has been 'dressed' with gesso.
 My 'story'. This page has LOTS of goodies given me from others....the little journal cards, doily & 'unique' title are from Mary B...the chippy from a win over at Let's Get Shabby...
 ...the stick pins from Helen T, the bling arrows from a Prima giveaway, the feathers from my Viccy mate Sue McB...I used 2 butterfly cards, fussing cutting one then cutting into the butterfly so I could tuck in my photo - as well as giving some dimension.
The little pink resin bloom is from The Trinket Track.
I could go on!!!! But I won't. My journaling is tucked into that little vellum pocket, bottom left, with the punched edges.
AFSC also have a sketch challenge as well - but I think I'm doing well to manage this one, this month!
Take care now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. Caught up ! :) I will pop over to PP to check it out and your Childhood layout LOVE , so soft and aren't you the cutie . I love those challenges that have us telling a little bit about ourselves, I think it is important for the future generations. And thank you for joining in at AFSC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh...you were cute! And that is such a pretty page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwww look at you! I love love love this!! LOVING the colors, the textures and the butterflies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you ....You were so cute!!! Gorgeous layout Lizzy....hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little baby you were. Such a delicate page you have created Lizzy. Love the Kaiser Kaleidoscope butterfly's, the pearls the vellum ..... All works perfectly together xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooo beautiful Lizzy! Love everything about it...but especially the colouring! Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh this is beautiful Lizzy - what a little cutie you were :) The colours are gorgeous - reminds me of the mother-of-pearl inside a shell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its so lovely..shabby chic My favorite :) !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo lovely background and cute photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very cute photo, and that would have been very scary for your mum to see you go into surgery at such a young age.. Such a lot to see on that little page.. but beautiful... have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the delicate colours you've chosen for this baby photo of yourself. I also loved reading about your history. That would have been a tough gig for your Mother and for you too. You certainly haven't allowed it to affect your eye for colour and detail. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh! I enjoyed it just as much the second time as the first! Saw it on FB just a bit ago and the bling and cutie pie baby made me HAPPPPPPPYYYYYY!!!!! LOVE IT! oh and THANKS for playing with us at AFSC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this picture of you!! such a cutie!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute photo of yours, and a shabby look of your page. I really love the colors and the soft and delicate touches. And what a story! your mom must have been very scared! Thank you for sharing your story with us and for joining our challenge at AFSC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet pic and beautiful soft colours.... You are so amazing Lizzy....Loving all your work! Thanks for sharing.. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable layout Lizzy! Such a gorgeous photo and so many beautiful embellies to look at. Thanks for joining in at AFSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I'm really happy that the AFSC's theme has been able to give you inspiration. See you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lizzy - this is a WONDERFUL take on our challenge at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - loving the delicate feel of it all!! Sorry for the late visit - been a hectic few weeks here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)