About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Once Upon A...Sketch PLUS Scrap Around the World May Challenges!

...because this month my ONCE UPON A SKETCH page is also my GUEST DESIGN PAGE for SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD, as SCRAP365 is a sponsor there & so some of us DT members got the chance to join in. Confused?!!!! Stay with me:)
Sooooo over at ONCE UPON A SKETCH we have this design to follow:
And the theme is FREE - completely up to you...but REMEMBER, you MUST journal - even if it's private, please let us know WHERE you have tucked it away!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, something special is happening at SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD 
This month SCRAP 365 are excited to announce being one of the TEN EPIC EVENT ANNIVERSARY event sponsors at Scrap Around The World's FIRST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!

This is no ordinary month at Scrap Around the World.  9 out of the 10 prizes will be going to past Winners, Features or Finalists (those featured on their legendary Wall of Fame in the past year) & one prize will be awarded to a totally NEW winner {someone who has never featured on their Wall of Fame before}.
This is so that TEN EPIC WINNERS can be selected as the TOP TEN PLAYERS of 2013/14 at Scrap Around The World!  

Please support Helen & her team at SATW by playing along this month.  There are 10 prizes, each valued at approximately $100 up for grabs, including free postage as usual, so it is so worth it, plus the inspiration is amazing!"

Here is the SATW Mood Board:
Remember, you do NOT have to follow the colours....& you can do a journal page as well....but let everyone know HOW the Mood Board has inspired you.
So, this is what I came up with.......
For me, it was the gold & the saying......
  Oh, yes! Real feathers picked up from my walks! Heat embossed...

anyone recognise the papers???
 My journaling......
 Lotsa MM on the bg...LOOVED 'tying' my feather up like this - that's Scrapbook Fantasies ribbon! The paper is my 7 Dots Studio [Illumination. ♥]...I added 'the' to the simple life words...grunged up the circle hearts a little...
 A Sillly title, & you can see the pile of heat embossing, stamping & stickers in amongst here:)
And there you have it!!! I am soooo, so blessed to be on the Once Upon A Sketch & Scrap365 magazine teams....& feel really chuffed to have been able to GD over at Scrap Around the World. One could say it's a win-win-win situation:)
Hope you get a chance to join in with ALL THREE challenges this month *winks* or combine these 2 as I have!!! ♥♥ Lizzy ♥♥
GOODIES USED:
7 Dots Studio - paper, stickers - Illumination collection
CURRENT CHALLENGES FOUND HERE:
Scrap Around the World - link is HERE
Once Upon a Sketch - link is HERE
Scrap365 - link is HERE

30 comments:

  1. Totally awesom LO Lizzy!!!! .........and such a fab photo too. I love all cool strips with text and the fab bg with the feather too....love ..love ...love it all :) and you have done a great job combining all three challenges ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Lizzy, I think a new favourite . Such a beautiful photo and love the sentiments , all just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lizzy!... Loving this layout to bits... Great journaling! Beautiful work on the background job!... Loving the colors... too and lastly what a lovely photo to scrap! You rock my friend!... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Lizzy!! Looooveeee that you used real feathers, they look so gorgeous!!! Beautiful photo, fantastic background ... a totally awesome layout!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely lovely layout Lizzy!! loving the background work and how you distressed those feathers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes - the joy of little people to share the day. Beautiful page about a tender moment. I love it. Fancy being able to heat emboss feathers...who knew? Lizzy obviously....love your style :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I agree with helen - I would never have thought of heat embossing a feather!!! The background on this page is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the textures and the feathers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Lizzy! Love that feather! And no, I don;t recognise the paper! Fabulous page and congrats on the guest DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page. Love what you did with the feather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous work again - love, love, love that feather too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my... this is fabulous LIzzy, love all the details and ... congrats too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome ..I loved the gold embossing n the feather Wow...fab bg !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes this is such a lovely layout, what a precious photo to look back on too.. love all your details in your back ground and I love what you have done with the feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my my my wordy! I'm TOTALLY in love with this....ooooooh the feather, the gold sparkle, the blue wound on ribbon... awesome and arty....LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous, Lizzy! What you did with that feather is sensational!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow...the texture on your page is awesome. I want to reach out and touch it. Love what you did with the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so much beauty and texture here Lizzy , sensational art work .... xxo
    thanks for the birthday wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh...love everything here. The background work, the textures....ok..you had me when I saw gold. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I am in love with that feather! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really do love what you have done with the feather. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely page Sizzle. I love your use of the gold, and what you'done with the feather. Great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is awesome. Your mixed media is fabulous and love love that feather and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Drool!! Love that feather its amazing! Fabulous take on the mood board

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome layout Lizzy.... love the MM background, fab elements, great photo and love the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Drool! What a page! Totally awesome how you used and altered that feather too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this layout and that feather just looks amazing. Congrats on GDT spot at Scrap Africa. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Deck your lovely home and boast of its beauty with the most ravishing show pieces and Flowers available at the online shopping sites. You can also send Lovely Blossoms and Gifts to your beloved and dear ones on Valentine’s Day staying at South Korea to earn appreciation for your choice. Send Cheap Valentine Flowers to South Korea and bring happiness to the lives of recipients.
    http://www.flowers2korea.com/Valentines-Day-SouthKorea.asp

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Lizzy this is just absolutely jaw dropping amazing! I love every inch of this beauty! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)