About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Life.Paper.Scrapbook - Mood Board Apr/May challenge.

It has been simply an AGE since I did an A4 page. I recently got some watercolour paper....which is not QUITE 12 inches square, so I cut it up to make it A4 size & got out my Gelatos, cos I had a Plan! Here's the Life.Paper.Scrapbook Mood Board:
And my plan was those top L chevrons...that, & some of the colours & the spots were my inspiration for the WONDERFUL photos I got of Spring Tulips from my scrappy friend Sanna. I ADORE them - but cannot grow them here...so it's a really special treat for me to scrap them! In fact, I challenged her to scrap the same photos...not sure whether she'll get to do so or not! 
I love little scrappy 'fun' challenges like that:) Anyways, here's my 'take':
 Trinket Track flouro dots, a spring tab from Elle's Studio....little bits of Heidi Swapp splattered paper I had hanging around, with Purple Pumpkin ticket & doily peeking out as well.....
 I have no idea where I got these metal tabs....on the background I've heat embossed over my gelato bg just to add some texture...thank you Lizzy C for the bg stamps!!! And where the 'wonder' word is, WERE 3 stamped hearts that looked puke-worthy....so they got covered up quick smart. Didn't want to make y'all sick!!!!
 A cute Purple Pumpkin button...or two! And can you see the cloud stamps behind the embossing? They're from 3rd Eye...the heart brads are Old. But I love 'em!!!
 Some of my Motex tape....a few hand drawn hearts. Strangely, they looked better than the stamped ones!
The whole page....this took me days....dunno why....most unusual for me, too! But I am happy with it now - I just ADORE these bright colours & the chevrons on the bg worked exactly how I wanted them to, so that was a good thing:):)
Thanks for taking the time to check this one out. You can put your sunglasses away now!!!!
Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Lizzy C ~ Kaisercraft stamp
3rd Eye ~ cloud stamp
Purple Pumpkin ~ buttons, tickets, doilies, Motex tape runner
The Trinket Track ~ flouro dots, pearls
Elle's Studio ~ die cut word tags

20 comments:

  1. A riot of colour and prettiness. Vibrant use of the gelatos and flairs. I love tulips too and did manage to grow some one year, but almost the minute they bloomed the warm weather rushed in and spoiled them. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE those bold, bright colors and the photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wo w..Wow..The colors and the tulips..I was confused what to see first..colors are vibrant so they won :) !! Loved loved the beautiful bg n little hearts ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOHHHH this is stunning Lizzy. Loving the colours and the background technique xx What an awesome mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh..the tulips are gorgeous! I remember seeing gorgeous fields of them in Holland....
    You've scrapped the photos beautifully. Love the bright happy colours and all the cute little details...loving that 3rd Eye cloud stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background work looks fabby and is just perfect for those beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Lizzy, this one is deffo a fave of mine.Love it!!!! Soooooo bright and just gorgeous pics and background. The glitter and embossing looks great!!! Guess what, we just bought a house....FINALLY!!! So now it's time to settle again for awhile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the bright happy colours on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes beautiful photos and you have enhanced the colors in your photo with your gorgeous back ground colors.. beautiful layout Lizzy!! love it!! What a great mood board too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow we this layout is absolutely stunning!! You just brighten my gloomy autumn weather Lizzy!! Loving the colors the embellishment & the awesome background !! You rock my friend .. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabbo Lizzy! I love seeing the moodboard on your post then scrolling down to see what you created with it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Totally LOVE this Lizzy - so vibrant, those juicy colours are making my mouth water! I love reading your posts, you always make me smile! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luscious deets! Bright is good!! I mount my watercolour paper onto coloured cardstock for a border as it's also slightly shy of 12 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful bright layout to match your photo. You have rocked the mood board. Mum had lovely tulips and no I don't have a green thumb like Mum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page Lizzy...the colours and design...so vibrant and exude the joys of spring! The tulips are soooo pretty! Sometime pages take a bit more time, but perhaps it's just us gathering all those creative energies for creating the perfect page! This is perfection! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. EEEKKK!! TULIPS! Mine have gone on strike, I do believe! I appreciate you sharing some with us, even if they aren't yours! ;-) Love your bright page and congrats on your newest rock star team!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely colours! I like all details :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the chevron background with the beautiful tulips. Fabulously colourful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your gelato chevron background and I love all the bits and bobs you added. A vibrant and colourful page. The little metal tab was by Making Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - this is really amazing. Love all the details on your project. Thanks for playing with the mood board of Life.Paper.Scrapbook.!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)