About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 10 May 2014

CASual Fridays #131 & Kreative Koncepts Colour challenges

A coupla cards. As usual, I felt a need to balance the scales, & as usual, I go to extremes. So, one is VERY cas & one is VERY ott!! The CAS one for CASual Fridays 1st. The challenge is to use THREE things on 1/3 of the card. I stamped then fussy cut the giraffes for this effect:
Now, get ready for a card that has been....[big breath].....paper ripped then gessoed & some tiny dots added with a yellow wax pencil then some modeling paste over a hexagon mask followed by beads stuck in & then a dose of Dylusions ink with some gel medium on top then a bit more gesso and a good dose of Opal dust glitter. WHEW!!!!! 
 And that was just the background work.
Here's what it looks like close up:
 Opal Dust glitter....yuuumalicious!!!
Some of that masking, beads & Dylusions inks. And gesso!!!
Here's the KREATIVE KONCEPTS colour board:
Colour Challenge #24
And my whole card:
I must say, I'm pretty happy with this one. No, let's not be modest. I LOOOOVE it! I've sorta 'channeled' the AMAZING  Felicity W. One inspiring chicky!!!
And the little clock transparency up the top? Part of a win I got from playing along with Let's Get Shabby....got it in the mail in the morning...scrapped by the evening! No time like the present, so they say!!! 
Thanks so much for looking at my confused card making skills....LOL....at least I'm not predictable, right???!!!!
Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Felicity W - inspiration
Helen T - pins, beads, feathers
Dusty Attic - flowers
Mandy Dodd - a win's goodies:)
Meg's Garden - flowers

25 comments:

  1. Great cards Lizzy. Must admit I prefer the CAS one. Love the giraffes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great but loooove the CAS one this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 fabulous cards Lizzy. Love the sweet and simple design of your 1st card and adore all the textures and details in your 2nd card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are beautiful Lizzy! I am no good at card making so I admire people who are great at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both beautiful!!! LOVING those giraffe's on the first one and loveeeeeeeee the colors and the flowers on the second one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two super card Lizzy. I really like them both. On any given day, I would be attracted to the C&S or the wild and wonderful. You rock :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ! You rock in both styles of card making Lizzy..First one cute with pink giraffe ! Second one yummy colors..textures .blooms..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Lizzy love the baby shower one and also the next one has great colour and super flowers.xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both lovely but have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second one & it's even purple !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards, Lizzy! How cute are those giraffes, and that second card--so sparkly and purple-icious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeello there Mrs PinWheel Police! (heh heh heh) I knew you WOULD notice! heheheh! Yeah, though... I think I have an obsession with them! (rolling eyes) I just wanna stick 'em on everything!

    AaaaaaaNYWAY... I'm besotted by your giraffe card... NOW how absolutely adorable is that! You've rocked that challenge! (winner I think!)
    AND in totally CONTRAST is your 2nd card.... wow - super shabby and stunning.. love the dominant colour choice use of the palette - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lizzy the three pink giraffes are too cute! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card! So glorious I had to pin it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this Lizzy, color and happiness here x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous projects!
    thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Lizzy, these are gorgeous! Love the simple card with the giraffes and just adore your second OTT card. I thought you didn't like purple? You have totally rocked this colour challenge. Fabulous texture, details and combination of colours. Thank you for joining us at Kreative Koncepts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!!!!!!!!! The first is sooooooooooooooooo cute and the second is just absolutely gorgeous! AMAZING Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2 gorgeous cards Lizzy and so different! One so very sweet and the other so elegant! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are both great Lizzy! There is nothing wrong with mixing it up a little as long as you are having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome cards Lizzy! the textures in the last one looks fabulous!!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE them both...you had me at giraffe...my fave animal!
    The textures and colours on the second one is amazing! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should be proud of it! They are both amazing...I would love to get a card like that in the mail! Opal dust glitter is yummy. thanks for playing with Kreative Koncepts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how different these two cards are. I adore the riot of textures and techniques on your second card...so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing cards Lizzy...Thanks for sharing. X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet cards! Love your three pink giraffes. Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)