About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD for OFF THE RAILS!

Hey there! Scrap Around the World has a WONDERFUL mood board up this month:
I went with the saying...not on my page, but on how I constructed it. I am so NOT a lace person, but I have a pile....so I thought...I"m just gonna pile it on! And I did....then I decided since this was a LO about what normally DON'T scrap with, I'd go with the butterflies:)
I've also used papers I won from Scraptastic....Christmas paper underneath! Some die cuts from the lovely Lynnda Hosni & those little hinges are from Mitra P...LOVE 'em!!!
And my journaling...that is a 'young' me in the photo:) I've a few photos from this day, so there's a bag behind the pic that I can store them & my journaling in:)
For some more info on how I created this page...my thoughts & processes, please pop on over to OFF  THE RAILS for the details.....I'd love to see you there:):)
Cheers, Lizzy ♥♥♥

17 comments:

  1. Sooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photo and the butterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo pretty! You really should use lace more...I love them! I "demolished" the ones you gave me pretty quickly...lol

    P/s: Love reading your journaling ....and getting to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterflies & lace work so well here... GORGEOUS...Thank you so much for joining us @ SATW this month.... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous page, Lizzy. And your journaling brought tears to my eyes. I love, LOVE what you did with this amazing photo and I also love how you used the butterflies, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this over there, and I DO love lace! so I love this layout.. the journalling is very special, and now that photo is so precious too.. beautiful layout Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use those pretty laces and I love the paper bag idea for more storage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. magical pure delight Lizzy , a gorgeous romantic creation, beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG..Its so lovely Lizzy..First I kept looking at the snap find which of them is you :D ! Latter I went for other details..These old snaps have beauty of their own and your LO has extended it ..loved the lacey bg :) n yes the butterflies !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love what you did with the lace! I've got my share and dunno how to use it either!! Beautiful strips of paper horizontally with butterflies vertically...fab design! And your journaling is so heartfelt...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should use lace more often. A beautiful vintage feel to the layout . Fabulous journalling. I LOVE this layout

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout..love the lace background and butteflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful page and a great use of lace - might need to do something similar with my zig tons of ribbon and lace *sigh* you know I´ve got plen-ty... love your youth photo, by the way!!! hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Lizzy I think this is fantastic!! I absolutely love the look of it!!! Yhank you so much for joining us at SATW once again,,,

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooooooooooooooooo pretty! Love the butterflies.....looks so carefree!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photo and pretty page.Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very beautiful! Love that lacy background! Thank you for drawing inspiration from my mood board and joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty Lizzy...and beautifully journaled. I love how you always DIVE out of your comfort zone...you will have a go at anything that is not your usual style :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)