About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Once Upon A...Sketch for April...

Here's what's up for OUAS this month:
Journalling Theme: "An event that changed my life..." 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 
And here's my page - it's all about how meeting my DH totally changed my life!
 I've used a LOVELY 3rd Eye flair...with glimmer glaze, gelatos & washi tape...
  ..and also their stamp, then added some SODAlicious wood. There's some masking & texture paste in the bg as well....this paper is from MME 'Cut & Paste'...
 Some stickers  ~ I like to stick them to some card stock then add them to my page, especially when I've got a bit of a bumpy bg going on!! I've also heat embossed here as well:)
My hidden journaling is written on the back of this tag - it's a bit personal...thought you'd like to see a 'before' & 'after' shot once I'd gotten to it with Dylusions inks LOL....basically, my life changed 100% for the better after I met Tom...it really was one of THE most important events ever!!!
 My journaling's tucked into the little bag on the side - which replaced the 2nd photo in the sketch:) 
LOOOVE these Glitz alphas & there's a Purple Pumpkin button tucked in to brighten things up...as if they needed it, right??!!!! 
One final closie....

...will YOU join us at OUAS this month????!!!! I hope so! I'm really enjoying popping along checking out all the fabulous entries:):)!!!
Happy Scrapping, folks ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. you never cease to amaze me Lizzy..with your unending supply of photos to suit the theme and your amazing ability to fit the LO's together - and I just love the way your share so much with your scrappy friends....I LOVE both these talented creative LO's ... such vivid, beautiful memories xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* this is gorgeous! I love love love those fabulous colors!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy what a sweet page! I'm sure your hubby loves this one :) I'm totally diggin' the more artsy, painted background look you've got going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous page dedicated to Tom. You have made the photo shine. Love all the background work lovely title. Heartful Journalling, just lovely.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. The amazing background work really showcases that lovely photo...and that he lights up your life..hehe. I should play with my embossing powders ...love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work! I love colours which you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rock star happy layout! I am so happy you shared it with us! The colors really made me SMILE as did your post! Thanks there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A bright, sunshiny page to celebrate this special person in your life....love the MM in the background and the glassine bag with the tag. You rocked this challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a wonderful Tribute to your DH.. I love all the back ground details and the yellow is such a positive and happy color to use.. Lovely take on the challenge.. and yes you know i have done mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is totally fabbo Lizzy! Love what you did with that tag and those little details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this page is just beautiful - I saw it over on FB :) love the background paper and all the many details you've included. Yellow is awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, NEW FAVE! love this and spotted lots of 3rd Eye yumminess there too!! and a TCW stencil..love that one to the moon and back myself :). gorgeous page, gorgeous photo! <3, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen yellow used THIS beautifully Lizzy !! It brightens up...:D Loved the chevrons n textures ohh so lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  14. oi mate! got something special for you over at my blog and I am truly counting on you answering those questions too :). thanks love!
    http://www.papierstau.at/2014/04/16/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG these are outstanding Lizzy, love love love , such treasures xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Lizzy, what an awesome layout! You have used yellows so brilliantly here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutrly wonderful Lizzy! I like this one so much!! The limited colour palette looks great and such a lovely photo too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning - I love the colours and that is such a nice pic of your other half :) love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Lizzy this is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous colors and you've taken the sketch to another level! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lizzy - this is FABULOUS!!! A great design - loving the colours - loving how dynamic it is - just loving the whole impact of your awesome layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally love this...such a special layout... Great photo....your artsy background looks fabulous...love the altered tag.... Love everything...thanks for the inspiration once again....lovin all your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok...this one has just been added to the list of new fav's too!!! Absolutely brilliant! Both in colour & design...the photo just POPS off the page - and it's an awesome photo too - love how you've framed it with the washi tape...I think that's what helps it to pop!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a knockout page!! Love love love it Lizzy!
    Totally rocking background and colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)