About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 19 April 2014

OFF THE RAILS - new challenge is up!

We have a gorgeous colour palette & sketch challenge up at OFF THE RAILS:
 
And the colours:
 
 Here's what I created:
  A lovely eclectic mix of elements including a 'bouquet' of stick pins wrapped in washi tape, some fussy cut balloon stamps & Heidi Swapp ephemera [since I was using her paper!!]. Tucked in is my 'fave' star stamp from 3rd Eye:)
 
 I decided to do some 'butterfly trails' instead of all the little hearts...so out came my Purple Pumpkin twine:)
 And I've tucked some chippy [win from Dusty Attic] underneath my photo, too....I got gesso all over my 1st photo, so I had to print off a 2nd one & lay it over top. OOOPS!!!
 The Dear Lizzy [how appropriate!!] chippy title is a gift from Sandra S...THANK YOU...barely recognisable, as I was trying to change its colour WITHOUT adding a base coat of gesso.
Of course, that didn't work...the ink sorta 'pooled' so I whacked on some white embossing powder & this is what I got!
I've also rubbed some pink Gelato in to give it some 'depth'. I thought it turned out OK, in the end *winks*!!
This challenge runs for 2 weeks  & we have an amazingly FABULOUS prize from FLOURISH WITH A BLING!!!!
Gotta be in it to win it:) We'd LOVE to see you join the fun at OFF THE RAILS:)
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

17 comments:

  1. Good Morning Lizzy! This layout is my new fav.. the colors are adorable and that photo is perfect!! love all the closeups views too to see all the special touches.. love the alphas soft and sparkly!! And I love the layers under your photo too. enjoy the rest of this special weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Lizzy, love the sketch and you have done a magical take on it . loving all the wonderful details ... glorious layout x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the colors and that big butterfly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous challenge - and you have done a fantstic job of it! I really love that photo too! Just hoppin' off over to off the rails' to check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont you just love happy accidents...the title came out great. Love the papers and love what you did with the challenge. Gorgeous layout Lizzy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sketch! Gorgeous page, Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious page Lizzy. I love the soft, girly look and the beautiful butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely and colourful Lizzy... Almost like a candy store wher everything looks just delicious ...I love your page and the adorable photo with the fab baloons. :) Happy easter Lizzy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Pretty, the colour scheme makes me think of the rainbow coloured ice creams .I am liking the sketch and you have done a beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous Lizzy!! and happy EASTER!!!! Hope you had a wonderful dayxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strewth I am LOVING what you did with those letters - brilliant!!! Fantastic job mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you used these colours Lizzy..... Beautiful photo and embellies.... the letters look beautiful.... x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooooo pretty! She's your female muse eh?
    LOVE the embossing powder effect on the pooled colours...totally magical!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous, Lizzy....and so different from your usual style! Love the pastels & the pattern through the background paper...beautiful photo too <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)