About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 24 April 2014

Berry71Bleu for APRIL+ a card for the PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO challenge

Hey there! I wasn't going to enter BERRY71BLEU this month 'cos the challenge is to use hand created flowers. Hadeehaha!!! That aint me! HOWEVER.......once upon a time I had a 'craze' at making those satin flowers....& I've got a few hanging around...sooooo.......
 That shimmery stuff is Jo Sonya's Opal Dust...love it! Some gesso here as well.
 I also used some Charm's Creations handcrafted flowers...altered with the lovely Trinket Track pearl centres:)
 And some little butterflies & words tucked around as well. I even made a few muslin flowers with more Trinket Track rhinestone centres:
  And TA-DAAAA!!!!
My whole card. Believe me, this took ages! Much longer than my LOs do - all those layers, & lots of staring at it, wondering what to add & where. Obviously NOT a card that's going to be squished up in an envelope & mailed!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
However, the one for the PRETTY LITTLE STUDIO challenge CAN be mailed!! For a complete CAS contrast:
Thanks Monique L for putting me onto this one - you don't have to use PLS goodies [just as well - I don't have any:(]....but here's a chance to win some:)!!!!!!
The challenge can be found at this link HERE.
The sketch:
APRIL-2014-Sketch-(2a)
Thanks for taking a peek at these ones ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES USED & THANKS TO:

24 comments:

  1. Love both these cards, Lizzy. I love those muslin flowers you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exquisite beauty and texture.. gorgeous work Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both very different, but love them both. Looks like the top one was a lot of fun. I always spend a lot of time looking at layouts etc, adding, shifting , wondering lol
    Have a great day Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU crack me up! I loved those flowers! Have some I look at often on some altered frames on my bedroom wall! Your cards rock! Yes, the first one is not squishable by a long shot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love love these!!! LOVING that mesh material and all the flowers on the first one and loving the sequins on the second one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Love your handmade flowers..I have some of your satin ones that I'm hoarding! I tend to take longer when I deal with flowers too...they aren't really my thing! lol!
    Love the sweet totally mailable card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such different cards but both equally as lovely, we always need to have a mix of CAS and more detailed- well I think so anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards Lizzy ..loved the loaded one more :D !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ya Lizzy! Wow talk about 2 different styles here.. one overflowing with goodies and the other simplistic and elegant.. Love em both!! Love the stamp on the second one.. very nice!! great cards!! Have a wonderful Friday..

    ReplyDelete
  10. two very different cards, but both lovely, loving the touches of bling and glitter on the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmn.... muslin flowers...who would have thought it!!! (obviously you did!!) HOW gorgeous! Totally love the effect, stunning Lizzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow loving both cards Lizzy!! Great texture and elements used on your 1st card! How I miss visiting your blog!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! These are simply gorgeous Lizzy! Such amazing texture and beautiful colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Lizzy! AMAZING, simply amazing! I sooooooooooooooo love the first card with all the prettiness! The second is a good one to mail for sure! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the texture & layers on the first card...wow, looks brilliant!!
    2nd card is so different, as you said...but it's nice to mix things up a bit!! Lovely work, Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If ever I am looking to be inspired I always pop by your blog Lizzy THANK YOU!!
    Both cards are so different but Gorgeous ...Love them. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super duper creativity Miss Lizzy...love the feminine card with all it's layering and prettiness and also the plainer one because of it's streamlined look. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving all the textures and bling on the first card! So beautiful! The second is simply elegant! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that first card is right up my street! Great job!! I don't do a lot of cards for the reason that for me too they take forever!! And with 4 kids complaining about me scrapping one more than the other I always feel I have to keep chugging out the layouts! Lovely CAS one too...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Lizzy!! What an awesome card! LOVE all the texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your take on the sketch! Thank you for joining in our PLS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful job Lizzy! Really love this amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is bloomin' marvelous Lizzy! ;-))))) Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. How I love your card!! It is stunning!! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)