About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 18 March 2014

The Scrapbook Store & Chic Tag's March Sketches...

...believe it or not, there are some challenges I have NOT been in...& have been wanting to for ages. The Scrapbook Store is an example! They really do have THE most gorgeous sketches & THE most gorgeous DT....would give my eyes teeth to get on that team...just so I could say I scrap alongside those girls:):) Here's the March Sketch:
I've taken a few liberties with it. I noticed the girls' interpret it fairly loosely...I've flipped it around to get this:
 Once again, I've been 'influenced' by the graphic lines that Sandy Ang uses....but once I get them, I need to 'soften' the whole thing up...hence the brick work in the background with my new 3rd Eye mask!

 Some Amy Tangerine stamps, some Pink Paislee ephemera...the green chevrons & blue Dylusions ink splats came about 'cos I did another page & had a pile of ink/paint left over.....a closie:

 The alphas were in a giveaway I won from Polka Dot Creative....only got the package the day before I created my page!!!  Twas a little excited:):)
 I have had a bit of fun going through old photos, picking some that I want to scrap. Tim's now 25....a few years older than here!!!
CHIC TAGS SKETCH CHALLENGE:
 
I saw this lovely sketch over at Carol Monson's blog - another I've never entered!
For this Chic Tag's challenge, I went with photos from our NZ trip, mid last year:
Little Brooke is a real fighter - maybe it goes with the name - I'm sure Julie T-W will be nodding in agreement. Here's the journaling:
Brooke will be fine - but it's such a long, hard road....she's ALMOST through the other side, which is great:)
Mostly this is Crate Paper, with some American Crafts & Pink Paislee thrown in...I've kept close to the sketch & apart from the washi & paper layering, kept it fairly simple. A CAS page!!!  For a change:)
Thanks for taking a peek at these 'different' [for me!] challenges...
Lizzy H
♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. Ah Lizzy..you are such an inspiration. Whenever I feel a bit swamped, I remember your banter on your blog and your amazing output and get fired up again. Two very different pages, equally inspiring. I hope the little fighter is improving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Lizzy you are an incredible scrapper...always sharing a new challenge, a new technique and always inspiring me...Thanks you!!
    Wonderful layouts! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely works! I nice background on first layout ;)
    Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby :( And you are right ... Brooke's are FIGHTERS!!!! :) I love love love love your lo!! That brick wall on the first one is FABULOUS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You've been on a roll my dear! Very different but equally fabulous layouts. I LOVE that you continue to stretch your skills and explore different styles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree completely with Yvonne ! I thought DT responsibilities will mean less challenges..but no..Its other way..more challenges and more fun :D !! Loved the chevrons and splats on first one..second page is so sweet n adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are lovely....I'm partial to splats! And wow getting up in front of everybody and giving a speech at 10 is incredible...cause I can't even do that now! And cancer sucks big time...but especially in kids. I hope everything works out fine for her...she is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your page for TSS - the background work and textures are so cool - love that you got to play along :) The last page is very special xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first sketch is sooo fun and you did a masculine FABulous job with it! I love those blues and greens with the blacks and all the brick stenciling! Of course I always love how you slide in so many details that at first glance you don't see then when you see the close ups you are like "WOW, that is genius!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lizzy, what a great post.. You inspire on so many levels.. love your first layout, love all your paint and details.. what a great memory, and love the second layout too.. and I wish Brook a speedy recovery from the latest infection and out on the other side of good health very soon.. love all the layers under your photos too.. and again... where do you find all these challenges!!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an enjoyable post! I really enjoyed the colors on the first page but then the little girl on the second made me happy/sad! You really give your pages your Lizzy Spirit there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both gorgeous, Lizzy. The brickwork on the first looks fabby and I love the colour mix on the second LO........just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo cool, beautiful and sweet LOs. I love the brickwork bg and the green papers... sooo sweet with the "pink" one too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great pages Lizzy...I especially love the first one! Love the styling and love your artsy photo matting! Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving both of your layouts!! The first one has such cool details and I love the story! The second one is just so sweet! I will be saying a prayer for the sweet little girl.
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Lizzy these are fabulous! The first so boyish looking, so fabulous and the second, such a beauty! Awesome! Keep entering the challenges.....love looking at what you come up with for them! Yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both fabulous layouts the first a great boys page , I love the softness of the second one and the title oh so true. Beautiful photo's of such a sweet little girl, hoping all goes well for her

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous, fabulous layouts...so love the background on the 1st one & the use of washi tape on the 2nd :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both layouts are fabulous yet so different....you're such a versatile scrapper, Lizzy! Love the grungy feeling to the first one & the soft pastels of the second. You should drop Suzanne an email about being on the DT at TSS....otherwise she may never know you're interested & you just never know! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  20. don´t know what I like more, the boy or the girlie page! both fab!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both great! I'm so glad you played along with us at Chic Tags ;) I'm so sorry for your granddaughter, she is simply beautiful and obviously a fighter! All my best to her and your family for continued strength and blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)