About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 29 March 2014

The Orange Paperie March challenge

Hello fellow scrappers! The Orange Paperie, as always, has a fabulous challenge! This months' is to use a vintage pic but NOT vintage colouring - browns, creams etc.
I pulled out an old photo [let's not be cruel & call it 'vintage' just yet!] of my brother & I as littlies. This is for my 8x8 'family history' album for Lucas & any other grandkidlets that might come along at some stage or another. Hopefully. And a girl would be nice, too. Just saying!!!!
Thought I'd add a little 'tutorial' on how I altered a journaling card. It's cut from some SODAlicious paper & started life like this:
 I needed to change the colour...so I gave it a coat of gesso. If I'd clear, I would have used that...because I still wanted to see the lines & the heading...but I had to go with a VERY light coat of white...
 Then I added some Mr Huey's spray ink 'sunshine'...just with a paint brush...but it was too bright:
 So then I sponged on some Distress Ink in Marigold. I ran over the title with a marker, added some matching paper to cover the 'SODAlicious' printing & wrote on my journaling. Isn't it amazing how a few simple steps can make such a different??!!!
  And here's my finished little page....it's a bit of challenge making this smaller size:
The flair is Evalicious [thanks Nat E!], the papers c/- the lovely Jasmine S...the glassine bag from The Greatest View & the little banner from a win over at Flying Unicorn & CSI...a few 'Silly' arrows & Liquid Paper white splotches!!
This challenge quite 'stretched' those scrappy muscles!!
Take care now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! LOVING how you turned that journal tag yellow!!! And PS ... my notebook I posted today?? The binder ring comes off ... so I could add paper to it and then put the binder back together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just put mine up and saw yours...beautiful page! Love how you altered that journaling tag! Gorgeous photo too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so lovely,Lizzy you are such a cutie! Love the papers and patterns and layers and how you altered the journaling tag. The whole layout looks wonderful! Love it! I hope you are having a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! Really love the combination of the sweet 'vintage' photo with these colours and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute photo :D !! Loved the pps and layering and the journaling card..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me laugh Lizzy, no we won't call you vintage just yet, but boy you did a fabulous vintage page using non vintage colours. Great job altering the journal tag to do what you want it to do, clever girl. Beautiful, beautiful layout and you were a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love love , how gorgeous and what a darling photo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lizzy, what a gorgeous wee thing you were all dolled up in your pretty frock! Clever work with the journalling tag…I'm so going to steal that idea! Beautiful non vintage/older colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again my comment didn't appear, anyway I did say that the photo is gorgeous and the colours you chose for this page look FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color combination with your precious picture! Always enjoy looking at old photos and your layout definitely has a vintage look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo how much I love this layout!!! This is beautiful Lizzy! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. This is beautiful. I love how you put this together. The colours are awesome for showcasing that darling photo.

    P/s: What eye operation did you have at age 2? Do you need clear gesso? I could send you some.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is like WOW!!!!!
    Love it to bits Lizzy.....love everything!!!
    Thank you so very much for sharing with us at Orange Paperie & Co

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love this layout Lizzy!!! thanks for joining in again at OP. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)