About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 1 March 2014

Scrapki Wyzwaniowo - #94 - Sillhouette...

...& NO! They don't mean the Silly Machine, but rather, what I call fussy cutting around your photo. Some call it FUZZY cutting, too. Whatever you call it, that's the challenge. Now you all know by now that I'm going in EVERY challenge [that I can!] over at SCRAP WYZWANIOWO in order to win some 7 Dots Studio papers. In fact, I might even outlast their challenge blog!!! We'll see!
So.....here's my entry:
Had a BALL fussing cutting some of the elements from Teresa Collins papers...that's a LOVELY Hello Dreams badge...the washi is from Meg's Garden.
The paper was originally plain ole cream...but lotsa stamping later & Heidi Swapp color mist...well....it ain't plain no more;) That would be some delish Glimmer Glaze on there....Sanna L started me on it & it's taken on a life of its own!!!
 Lots of bg work...the badge here is from A Flair for Buttons...YUM!!! And the twined up button I had no control over. It knotted itself. So that was that!
Sequins + Liquid Pearls = A match made in Heaven....well, that's my reading of them:)
...a few threads. Around the edges I've added some some ripped book paper, then some stamping [words], then stitching, then some brushed on Heidi Swapp mist! I also ran around my alpha title to make it 'pop' a little more:) You've been VEEERY patient....here's the whole page:
Very happy with this one....as Belinda Scott said about one of her recent pages, it just 'came together' easily & quickly. Such a JOY when that happens:)
Hope I've provided a bit of inspiration.....happy scrapping:):)
Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: The arrows, hearts, stars are all stamped on....outlining a few helped them 'pop' nicely:):)
UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE...
This is really funny, ironic, almost...but the last challenge, I actually WON the giveaway prize for the 'No' challenge....7 Dots ILLUMINATION kit package....oooooh....I am EVER so excited...wish Poland wasn't so far away, LOL!!! Will I stop going in the challenges? Me? Challenges? Stop? Not on your Nellie - they are fab challenges that stretch my scrapping.....but I am rather, slightly, madly HAPPY at that win!!!!!

24 comments:

  1. Oh Lizzy, other than the fact that this page is AMAZING, I love reading your blog. It always makes me chuckle and inspires me to keep entering those challenges. You are a true ambassador for scrapbooking. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to the above comment. Love the stamping and arrows directing the eye on your page. And a huge congrats on the win, those collections are just Beautiful papers, well done girl.
    Raining steadily here, have a fabulous weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done Lizzy….you deserve to win with the amount of challenges you support by entering.
    Another yummy background here..love the sequins and the Glimmer Glaze. Beautiful job with the fussy cutting :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout. Love the colours and all the stamping, the stitching, use of washi and all your embellishments. Congratulations on the win! Now I'm off to see the challenge - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you for your win Lizzy, enjoy your goodies!! This layout is fabulous, I cant even imagine the plain cream back ground even lasting a second on your scrap desk with out something thrown at it!!! hehe.. Love how the cut out photo really stands out on your ripped paper too.. this looks wonderful.. Pretty sure you will be winning more over there too!! Have a good weekend! Happy autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Love the button that is all knotted! Glad it got all crazy cool on you!!! Great page! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wowwwwwwww! This is amazing! I love love love the circles and the arrows and loveeeeeeeee that thread work up in the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, congrats on your win!!! Thats really awesome! Love this page too - especially those sequines and liquid pearls (gotta give that a go myself) and the knotted twine is so trendy and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win Lizzy !! I love ..loved the bg a lot."fussy "cut photos look fab and that thread at top corner WOW !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovin your background on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your win......so very well deserved and WOW! to this page. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on your win!! you lucky girl!!! and that layout is just stunning. love, love, love it! the colors, the black pen, the stamping, the sewing!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Sweet Lizzy, just stunning this page and how you deal with the colors and arrows, just love it.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a beautiful creation sprinkled with love .... love your work x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Firstly, congrats on your 7Dots win...I can sense your excitement through the computer!!! lol
    Absolutely love this one...all your stamping looks fabo & love the stamped/coloured arrows?! and the bunch of cotton up in the top corner...amazing colours too & I'd never have guessed that this used to be a piece of cream cardstock!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you won! Hope your goodies come soon! :)

    LOVE the fabulous background work...the stamping, the arrows...perfect with the family photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous work Lizzy! Amazing that you transformed a piece of cream paper into that glorious page! Congrats on your previous win too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very, very cool! LOVE what you've done here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a fabulous combo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such an inspiration....I'm sure I have told you that before...but just had to tell you again!
    Congrats on your win...this is such a fabulous layout with heaps of amazing detail...Love it Lizzy! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing layout!! LOVE that background!! and those colors! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing!!!!Love it!!! Thanks for playing wirh us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are a freaking machine with these challenges... makes my head spin... especially at the moment. :) I love the colours of this layout and all that gorgeous work on the background page. Lovely photo too... CONGRATULATIONS on you win too that is awesome... Keep trucking.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOOOOVE this page...You are very good at freestyle and this is perfect. The cutout pics, the doodling and stamping and just a touch of stitching amazing Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)