About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 28 March 2014

Scrap Friends March sketch #23

Another BEAUTY of a sketch from SCRAP FRIENDS....one to really make you 'work at it', I found. But of course, that's part of the challenge of this wonderful craft....right???!!!!
Here's what I created:
 I had some of that older Heidi Swapp paper that is sort of resist...so, maaan, I WORKED it!!! Black gesso.....Dimensional Paint [thanks for the tip, Nadia C!] onto a plastic doily [thanks Mitra P!], then the green chevrons were molding paste mixed with paint [thanks Lindy G!!]...THEN a spritz of Dylusions blue....to tie in with this:
Isn't he THE cutest Purple Pumpkin button??? There are piles more fun ones in their shop....this one sooo works with my page about:
 Oh, yes! The Wonder Dog, Wally...looking slightly fluffy...or you could describe him in this way:
 Used my MOTEX writer from PP...mounted on card, because that bg was slightly 'bumpy'!!!
I am in an embellie swap group...so THANKS Heidi W & Monica B....used a couple of your tags in here!
 The cogs & gears come from Tone-Lil.....LOOVE them, plus some wooden ones from Finnabair...
 Oh! And those white 'spotches'? LIQUID PAPER, my friends *winks*!!!!!
 And this is it! Based on this sketch:
Sketch Challenge #23
You can see I've 'mirror imaged' it - needed to do that so my photos 'worked':):)
Thanks for looking & Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. I love the background. All the textures and patterns!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely crazy page for such a cute pooch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a lot going on here - the page looks great though, suits the photo and journaling about 'Wally'

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WALLY!

    You really are fluffy! Mommy used the coolest things on this page, didn't she! And the star of course is you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMYGOSH!!!!!!!! I love love love love love this!! LOVING those photos, the chevrons and loveeeeeeeee that Scooby sticker ... Brookie LOVES it too ... Scooby is her FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wally dog sure looks handsome with long hair. Love your page. The background looks amazing, Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes the sketch is a bit of a challenge but you have mastered it Lizzy!!! a fabulous page ...xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could you not love a page of Wally the Wonder dog, The green is the perfect background to make Wally stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lizzy - this one's a work of art! Cute pics too. Btw, I've knocked off my big scrapping deadlines, got one more layout to go then I can get into the WW1 latte challenge. I might just scrape it in by the 31st!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Lizzy .. How much I miss looking at your los!! This lo is beautiful loving the green!! You rock as always... Thanks for the card and gifts!! Take care and see you more on fb!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks wonderful Lizzy! You have worked that background, love all the textures and how good are those chevrons!,, Fabulous!,, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job lizzy !! I did this one today too and it was tough :) will show tomorrow as im using the same page for my CSI DT reveal. Love your BG work on this

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh..scoby doby doo...!!! I loved the button perfect for your page..the bg is very happening Lizzy !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After seeing all the sneak clos-ups.....I could hardly wait for the full reveal! Love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh... wow... words fail me. I always love seeing your layouts because there's so much to explore - so many wonderful techniques coming together to create such beauty. Sigh... totally crushing on the Scooby Doo button (even though I don't have dogs and probably couldn't use it, I think it would look fabulous sitting with my collection of yummy bits and pieces, LOL!) I started on this sketch a while back and gave up, I really, really struggled getting anything to work for me - and you make it look so easy. Maybe I should give it another go. Thanks for the inspiration, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing background full of texture! Love the colours you have used as well. Thank you for joining us at ScrapFriends/Kreative Koncepts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous furry friend…he looks so innocent and friendly. What a ripper of a page you created for him and as others have said, the Scooby Doo flair is just perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a ripper Lizzy. I can see what you mean by working that background! *sings the word* AWESOME. Fun flip too *wink right back at ya* xx and one last thing, LIQUAD PAPER? LIQUAD PAPER? What a genius idea!!! Love it girl. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super fun page! LOVE that background! Dogs are such fabulous companions eh? I so miss having a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh such a cute little doggy :) Fantastic page too - this one was a hard sketch I thought! I love that fantastic background - so much detail !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh love how you emphasized those arrows in green! There's lot's on that page but somehow the cute pooch still takes center focus! And of course, thank you for playing along at ScrapFriends/Kreative Koncepts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just simply LOVE this! The background is fantastic...but those green chevrons...WOW! And that Scooby is just perfect for this page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)