About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 2 March 2014

PURPLE PUMPKIN MARCH SKETCH CHALLENGE

Hey there! It's March! And over at Purple Pumpkin, we've got an AMAZING sketch by Kylie Symons...which I turned upside down like this:
And created this:)
 I've used different colours under my background mask to 'mimic' the sketch, then instead of paper running across the page I've stamped with a fave Maya Rd numbers stamp that I got from Zeus & Zoe.
And that big grey Purple Pumpkin flower fitted perfectly with the sketch! 
Thanks Dusty Attic for the chippy fence, Lizzy C for the fabulous wood 'memories' tag & Mitra for the lovely glitter dots!
 Here's a closie. The SODAlicious brackets [& chevrons below] have been coloured with Faber-Castell Pitt Artist big brush pens. Some of the masked shapes have been outlined, as well.
I've recycled some magnetic Scrabble tiles for the titles...some PP green star washi is peeking out from behind the photo
 ...& used a cherry flair from A Piece of Cake Design...it had a WHITE background which did NOT work, so thanks to Jenni Calma's video [see HERE], I got inspired to get out my alcohol inks & the colour worked MUCH better! Can you see that LOVELY floral Purple Pumpkin button...sooo pretty!!
 I've got a PILE of journaling tucked in the bag behind the photo....there's a little Trinket Track button tucked in this side of the photo, too...
Some gorgeous PP tags....& twine....I had fun with my title, sort of breaking it up, but connecting it. A metaphor with our family spread all over the world, & sometimes getting together, sometimes apart, but always together in our thoughts:):) 
That was a bit deep! Anyways....what I'd REALLY like you to do is join us for our PURPLE PUMPKIN challenge for March. You don't have to use PP goodies to enter AND there's a prize for the fave of the DT PLUS a random draw prize!!!
This sketch is SOOO flexible to work with.....would LOOOVE to see what you come up with!!!!
Lizzy xo

15 comments:

  1. such a beautiful photo and stunning creation to showcase this beauty xoxo love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A versatile sketch and I love the way you used it. Super background with some of the shapes outlined. Love the title work and the alcohol tip for the button. Another corker from you Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! SERIOUSLY love your take on the sketch Lizzy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the background stencil which changed color from the top to the bottom! And you didn't think I noticed! This is adorable! I have saved the sketch on my desktop would love to give that one a whirl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab take on the sketch, Lizzy...love how you've done the different colours on your background and how you broke up the title, yet joined it - very clever!! will add this to my list...although I've said that before, haven't I?!?!? Fingers crossed I get the time to play along :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch, love that family photo and you've showcased it so well, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great sketch and love your take on it Lizzy.. I love how you have used the wonderful green in your photo and extended it onto your back ground.. lots of yummy goodies on your layout too.. I shall put this sketch on my to do list.. I hope your sunday is going well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have done your title Lizzy and your background work. A lovely family photo scrapped beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the masking, the colors and that big flower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lots of great things to see on this page - love the tags and the background work is just super :) Great photo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love the fun background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another FAB page Lizzy! I love the cute wee details - esp that chippie fence :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful lo! Love the green for the month of March. Love the turning of the sketch....looks fab that way! Very striking Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photo, great sketch and a Brilliant layout...lovin all the tags, the tile title and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your take on the sketch. Such a fab family photo... and that big flowers is gorgeous. Love this background too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)