About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 16 March 2014

Once Upon A...Sketch March Challenge.

I have to say, I am absolutely THRILLED to be on the Once Upon A...Sketch team this year - it's really stretched my scrapping, I think. I really LOOOVED doing this one! I hope you get a chance to join in too...there are some AMAZING prizes as well as a great sketch & prompt!!!
 
"You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is!"
 The Sketch:
 And here's my interpretation:
 
 DH is to blame for the journaling here...he said it, I wrote it..with my Purple Pumpkin fave 'toy' my Motex writer!
The paper was plain brown to start with. Had a BALL heat embossing, stamping & splatting with Heidi Swapp color Shine, Dylusions inks, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze & Ranger Liquid Pearls.
 Even glammed up those cogs with heat embossing & some Distress inks. The PP button had white spots--- I changed them with Distress ink....to suite better! That LOVELY Polaroid frame & the tag below are from MARY B...thank you! Perfect for this challenge:)
 And my inside journaling - Mum gave me a calendar [2013] & this was one of the sayings. Nice, I thought:)
 Here you can see I've 'stuck' a Greatest View glassine bag on the bottom of my paper layers, so the tag has a 'home'...
 Gosh, I LOOOOOVE these Basic Grey 'Carte Postale' papers...I know, they're 'old' now, but THANKYOU Jas S for 'gifting' them my way:):)
 Didn't have the right coloured alphas - but these material ones from American Crafts are SOOO easy to alter with Dylusions ink sprays. I just painted the ink on with a brush.
Added a couple of little star brads in around the page too...not sure where this chippy came from...an odd piece, but it works:):)
Hope you enjoyed peeking at this - there is LOOOADS of inspiration over at Once Upon A...Sketch - so pop on over & get inspired!!!!
Cheers, Lizzy H ♥♥♥

25 comments:

  1. This is awesome Lizzy.. a fantastic fun and colourhappy LO. I love all the layers and the use of orange paint, a really super cool page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lizzy. I love the off-centre photo to the frame. You've done something that hasn't occurred to me - you wrote 'journaled 2014'. This might seem so obvious to do but when we journal things it's often a reflection at a different time to when the photo was taken. I've never documented on the page when I've journaled something but I do write down in a notebook when I've scrapped each page. I like the idea of doing this on my page. Such an obvious thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a AWESOME boy layout Lizzy....Your DS with the journaling, NOW that's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page of your two boys Lizzy and what a beautiful title your DH said. Love the journalling says it all really. I am working on a layout for this challenge, and I agree about the Heidi Swapp colour shine mists, I got myself some the other week and love them. LOVE your beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout, Lizzy! Love your journalling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! This is gorgeous!!! I love love love love love the colors, the journaling and the film strips!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool page lizzy - perfect journaling too :) just looooove your BG work - looks like you had a lot of fun with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely FANtastic layout! I love the colours & that background...there's a lot of love in that page :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say I do love this layout of yours! A wonderful layout and fabulous take on this challenge. Love the film strips behind your photos. I am still thinking about this one, so many thoights going through my head" I hope you have had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading this post from bed with the first cup of coffee of the day. The dog and I are having a quick read and she even says she thinks you did a tip top job! Woke up long enough from her nap...the colors, the washi tape, the cog! SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your title is just fab, Lizzy. A gorgeous page and such a super take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lizzy…this really speaks to my "Mother of Boys" heart…love the film strips and the ink splats. Journalling is fab and the whole thing is wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab layout! Love the pop of orange, the stamping and inking! So much fun to look at all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous lo Lizzy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love what you've done with the sketch. Great bits and pieces all pulled together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous, Lizzy! Loving the colors, textures, everything--and the journaling is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome layout and great journaling Lizzy! You have 2 very handsome sons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my lizzy this is STUNNING I love all the work that went in to this page!! Way too go sweets xxx Amy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this layout Lizzy......fabulous photo, subject, design, title, colours...Love every little detail. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lizzy I'm lovin' the way you worked this page...the color splatters, the layers of film strips, the great story it tells! Really well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOOOOOMG! Totally awesome! This background is soooooo cool! Love it!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Splendid! The colours and artistry of the background really showcase that photo of your boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh love that background...lovely masculine page, with the colours, the clogs and film strips and splatters...beuatiful. Tell DH...GREAT TITLE!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant masculine page & awesome take on the sketch challenge. Love those pops of orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don´t know if I said it already (probably over at FB?) that I really, really like this page! gorgeous! one of my faves by you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)