About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 21 March 2014

NEW DESIGN TEAM ~ OFF THE RAILS SCRAPBOOKING!!!!

And to say I'm a tad excited is an understatement! I'm so very, very happy to have joined the smashing team over at OFF THE RAILS...& since I'm 'playing' alongside some girls I know pretty well---an added bonus! So go check out the fab team HERE if you don't know who I'm talking about!
The challenge for this fortnight - starting the 21st March is FREE....yup...totally & absolutely up to you! Not only that, you can do a card, PL, a Mixed Media creation or a layout.
I must admit, this threw me a bit. I like direction! So, I made up my own. I decided to do a 'lift'. Sometimes I'll 'save' pages I REALLY like, just to 'ooh' & 'aaah' over occasionally.....this one from Mumkaa [Magda Bolinksy] does it for me:

 And here is my lift:
Another old photo from pre-digital days. I'm really enjoying getting the more important ones scrapped!
And man, I had such FUN doing this. So, join in - 'lift' someone [always check it's OK with them - Magda was a gem - most scrappers are:)] & show us what you can do:):)
Some closies:
 The background was a 'failed' page I'd gelatoed up & didn't like. Gessoed over it, to soften it then added stamps, ripped paper [those 6x6 pads], stickers....washi tape....masks.....you name it!!!
 Once upon a time, I won a giveaway from Linda E....chippy fence! Finally used. TICK!!!
 A Silly '@'....looove that little camera stamp set from Amy Tangerine - in a giveaway I recently won from Polka Dot Creative!!!
And in here is a 3rd Eye stamp I just keep reaching for - those pink diamond shapes. The turquoise is Silks Acrylic glaze. Super-duper stuff. A little sure goes a LONG way!
Hope this has inspired you to join in at Off the Rails
The challenge starts March 21st for 2 weeks:)
And the prize?
A DESIGNER HOT SPOT!
The winner of the challenge will get to tell us all about themselves, share their blog and show us one of their first layouts and one of their current layouts. 

~  Blessings, Lizzy ~ 
Goodies from:
Tone-Lil [patterned paper - thanks my friend!!]
Off the Rails [a win! From before the DT gig...patterned paper..appropriate!!]

26 comments:

  1. congrats Lizzy, woah!! I'm really happy for you.
    I love Mumkaa style, and your scraplift is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lizzy I can see why you love this page!
    Your take on it is awesome! I love the BG work and all the little details. Great photo too!
    Oh and CONGRATS on your new DT - you must be getting really busy with all the DT work that you have - GO YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely smashing girl you outdid yourself, I totally adore that background! And hey congrats on your DT yeyyyy!!! they are LUCKY to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Lizzy on the DT well deserved, they are lucky to have you. Love your lift and such a lovely memory and photo to scrap. They are the sort of photo's I get the most enjoyment out of scrapping. I have a bit of catching up to do here on your blog, I have been sick all week :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, congrats on your new designer gig! So glad you are sharing your talents everywhere my friend! This is one spectacular lift. That background work is amazeballs! Bet you had fun with that too!

    Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah good on you Lizzy, you will add your special magic to the design team, and inspire us all!, Love your idea for this challenge, and love your lift of that fabulous layout! Fabulous background details!, special memories, love this!, look forward to seeing what you get up to with off the rails!,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the DT and I bet you had a ball doing this layout! Fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Lizzy. Your page is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HUGE CONGRATS on the DT!! That is WONDERFUL!!! I love love love love your page!! GORGEOUS colors and loving all the textures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Yeah!!!!! And wow! I love your take here on her work. Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay Lizzy 2 things...first, FAB lift and layout! Your backgrounds are always awe inspiring. Second, how the HELL do you manage to do so many design teams?! Do you sleep, woman??? LOL!! You are everywhere, you talented, no-sleep getting lady! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats to you my friend ... wowzer !!!!! such awesome funky work .... how do you do so much, I agree with Shawna .... super duper gorgeous work from a gorgeous soul xoox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Warmest congrats Lizzy…I'm amazed too about the amount of pages you creates…All different, all inspiring…..I'd love to be fly on the wall when you create. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Lizzy, what a gorgeous background and I love that you scrapped an older photo. Sometimes they tend to get buried in albums and forgotten. Congrats on the new DT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay for the "ticked" chipboard fence! lol. Just LOVE this Lizzy....everything on this page is so YOU. Huge congrats on your new DT gig...we all know that you will totally rock it! :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally awesome Lizzy. Love every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats Lizzy :)!!! and I too do love Mumka´s work - adore what she does actually :). and your page is just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, Lizzy. Where do you get the time to create such spectacular pages - each and every time! I love your take on Mumka's work - SO MUCH!!!! I especially love your journaling! And I also want to thank you for your visit to my blog. I always enjoy when you stop by - you make me smile, giggle, and feel good, too! You are AWESOME!!!!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is pretty amazing...SO much to take in and look at and for your theme and photo it is perfect. Love all the overlapping stamps and the fence piece is precious!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey my beautiful friend...I have to ask too...how do you manage to create so many gorgeous pages..... Congrats on your new DT spot, they are lucky to have you....gorgeous scrap lift....love your blog posts with all your close ups an detail shares...Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. WTG Lizzy! Congrats! Love your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Huge congrats to you, Lizzy!! I'm a big fan of Magda's work, and I love how your page turned out! The background is stunning!
    Your latest comment on my blog made me smile since I often stop by your blog to get more inspiration on how to make clusters of embellishments and add layers ;)
    Els.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your new DT spot and thanks for the enthusiastic comments that you leave in my blog. i love the lift layout that you have done soooo much fabulous detail;

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's a fabulous layout by Mumkaa and you did a terrific lift of it with all that wonderful background work. You can tell you had great fun doing it! Congrats on the DT role, too - off to check out the site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)