About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Kraft it Up for February....& CSI #112....all about what I LOOOVE!!!

There's always a silver lining in that cloud....well, that's how I take it at KRAFT IT UP...cos the February Challenge went up late, which means we have 'til 14th March to finish it:) So I was able to join in!!!
I sort of got a little carried away....the theme was 'scrap something you love'. Well, I ADORE English Gardens....so, this is my Ode to them!
 Some Charm's Creations goodies...
A bit of plasterer's tape over black gesso, then I've run some Gelatos over the top. I've 'doodled up the side of the paper with some leaves.
 
Originally I splatted some of my Twinkling H2O's around....then I sorta  decided to make all the splotches into flowers. Since that was my theme! Liquid Pearls in the centres:)

Twinkling H2O's INDEEEDY!! Over a brick template from 3rd Eye.
Thanks for looking. Hope you didn't need your sunnies!
The CSI one is nice & calming....see below:):)
GOODIES for this one from:
Scrap Friends
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, over at CSI #112 here's the Case File:

I just LOOOOOVED these colours when I saw them, & of course, I 'had' to write about my Dream Holiday Destination - PARIS!
 Once again, my white cardstock got a working over with gelatos - all the colours are in the background....my 'evidence' includes SHEER elements [vellum], wood & frames & crystals - the arrows.
ome little SRM 'l love you' stickers, a soooo 'chic' Parisienne flower [well, that's my interpretation!!!] from Purple Pumpkin....layered arrows....& my Dusty Attic win chipboard. Still getting through it, thank you, Off The Rails:):)
The frames are from Traplet - this one I gelato-ed white, then added Crackle Accents...Glossy accents filled the heart. Inside is some washi mounted on cardstock & one little crystal:) Cuteness, right??
The chippy has been treated much the same way:)
Journaled on the vellum, tucked into a glassine bag from Greatest View, under the photos, as you can see below:
I popped one of the Traplet frames ON the photo, then added some teensy Freckled Fawn letters I had...I wanted to show that for us, Paris is about people watching...it's what we LOVED to do!!! No, I'm not in 'love' with that guy. Even if he is French, LOL!!!!
I guess waxing lyrical about Paris could be a full time pass time, right? For me, at least.....thanks for looking & for some of you DROOLING about Paris:):)
Lizzy xo

13 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Two entirely different but equally lovely pages! I adore all the little doodled flowers on your first page...I am NOT a gardener...I wish I had the "green thumb" touch b/c I really do like plants but I have more like a black thumb (of death!!). And your CSI page has so many wonderful details..love that journaling :) Your son is still in the states? I didn't realize...wow he will have seen so much of this country! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one so pretty with all your little flowers, the second sigh ..... you know I am going to LOVE this one. I am with you I want to go Back! one can never get enough of Paris. Love all the elements and the washi under the crackle treated frame. You did a great job with the colour scheme . For some reason I always seem to scrap Paris in Reds and golds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa Lizzy... I LOVE both of these.. the first one with that magnificent photo and the doodled flowers are so eye catching and absolutely delightful! and love the paris one too.. I have not been there but my 2 older DD have and they would go back in a heartbeat.. and if someone paid the air fares..hehe.. love your back ground on this.. these are amazing, so much to look at and all of it to love!! day 2 of nursing duties going well.. just wish she would eat.. she is as skinny as a rack handle now.. but anyways trying to be a good nurse.. made second batch of jelly this morning.. have a great wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhh these are gorgeous!!! I love love love love love love the photos, the colors and loveeeeeeeee the flowers on the first one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzy, these are absolutely perfect! I especially enjoyed to read your journaling in that CSI case, my dream is to get to Paris some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. You are on a roll my friend. The backgrounds are amazing. I LOVE the doodling on the first [my Twinkling H20s are still brand new...hangs head in shame]. And that second one is my fave. So pretty! Now I know why you LOVE Paris...living in an apartment and being immersed in French culture is different from my touch and go 3 days 2 nights in Paris. *winks* Gotta give Paris another try..truth be told, I hated my first visit to Australia...but look at me now...2x a year..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOnderful !! I loved the colors,layering and your doodling on first one..and the second one is so..so beautiful with lovely soft colors n textures n embellies n layering in short everything :D !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lizzy these are fabulous! Both so different and with their own beauty! Love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both gorgeous, Lizzy. Totally love your KIU one......all that doodling.....looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here I am, looking at blogs, thinking about scrapping and bam! Now I just wanna go to Paris! Love these layouts Lizzy. I didn't need my sunnies for the first one either- it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love all the techniques you've used on both layouts! The KIU one is particularly cool with all that hand doodling. Love it! Thanks for joining us at KIU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Lizzy your layouts are so fabulous love love love english country gardens too but I don't have the slightest idea on how to look after plants so i too just go searching them out haha thanks for joining us at Kraft it Up for February's challenge you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)