About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 7 March 2014

FEELING SKETCHY sketch challenge #81

They've switched things around a bit over at FEELING SKETCHY, so now the sketch challenge goes for a month. And it's just for scrap pages now. LIKING this! Here's the sketch:
That background had me 'challenged'...this is what I came up with:












I can't tell you how HAPPY I was with this page! I've replaced 1 big photo with the 2 in the sketch.
Behind, I've cut 3"x3" squares of white card, then layered Washi tape over all of them. I really, really like this effect. I'm not usually such a 'graphic' scrapper, but I'd been over to Sand Ang's blog----she ALWAYS inspires me!!
A couple of closies:
 These goodies all come from The Trinket Track...I popped a brad through the centre of the metal flower. The metal stamens seemed a good idea to poke through the hearts!!
 More metal...hearts, an old tab....Vellum has a LOVELY softening effect....
A Prima chipboard sticker, layered onto some paper....the 'photo corners' are also made out of washi tape....
 
I have lots of washi. From many sources. Want to find a few shops out there that stock it? Here's where this lot came from:
Cavallini [paper tape]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was absolutely THRILLED [as many of you know!] to get a LO onto the front cover of our Australian Scrapbooking Memories magazine.....sooo happy!!!! So was Charlie [step grand girl!] when she found out:):)
 
Thanks, as always, for your kind, supportive  comments ~ MWAH!!!
Lizzy H ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch. Love what you did with the stamens and hearts. Congrats again on the cover feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh CONGRATS on the front cover - that's soooo exciting and definitely well deserved for your dedication to your scrapping Lizzy! Love your sketch LO too... been MIA lately - got so much on my plate BUT am going to scrappy camp this weekend for time out - so will finally get to scrap! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your cover!! awesome LO too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lizzy I really love this layout too and the washi looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A HUGE congrats on making the cover Lizzy! Go you! Love the layout above too. Great use of washi and fab pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATS on the COVER!!! That is FABULOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING that photo, the colors and the hearts!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh super cool on your cover! love your latest page! it IS very graphical! Love the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow your take on the sketch is amazing, very manly and looks wonderful.. love the idea of washi covering your squares too.. love your take on the sketch.. and another well done for your cover layout.. good on you.. really hope you go for the masters this year.. I reckon you already have a foot in the door!! and did I mention I really love your take on this sketch!hehe!! Happy friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on the sketch and love your embs. thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow such a gorgeous arty creation, loving all the colors and details, super duper awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Lizzy !! A very CAS graphic LO this time..and its Perfect for a guy ! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A HUGE congrats Lizzy.....you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love both lo's! Your latest looks fab for the take on the sketch! I like the large pic with the backing instead of two pics.....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the front cover wtg lovely!! fab page as well...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously LOVE your layout!! And your cover is gorgeous! So happy for you! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful masculine page Lizzy, your title is "perfect" for your gorgeous photo of your boy and his wedding day. A perfect layout and great design and big congrats on the cover

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Stranger,
    congrats on your cover this month in SBM!! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great layout. thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy
    Congratulations on being on the cove of the magazine

    ReplyDelete
  18. BIG congrats on the cover Lizzy???what a blast. Love the page about your darling on his "Special" day...thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful page ! Love the clear lines in it, thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)