About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 31 March 2014

CSI #116...

...another really INTERESTING case file over at CSI for #116. Check this out:
I've used all the colours; my evidence includes circles & metal....the testimony - I've used song lyrics....I don't actually know the name of this song, but I know the words...mind you, I may have slightly adapted the lyrics over the years! Still....here's my journaling first. As I often do, tucked into a little [dotty] bag:

   
The grey colour is on the bg of this tag.....a bit of teal ink splotched around:) Even got some circle ribbon!!!!
So.....that's the story....& here's my page:
I figured since it was about a song.....well, I'd sorta 'mimic' the idea of a record. Yes, I date pre-CD!!!
 My 'metal' ...a brad from my good mate Sandra Scott...she was wondering how I'd use it!!!
My chevrons....silly cuts....a direct 'lift' from Sarah G...love how she white lines them! Couldn't resist!
And one more closie of the 'fun' MM I sort of got carried away with doing around the page:
Right-oh...I've done a pile of other CSI cases that I just haven't had a chance to pop up...but that's for another day.....many thanks to the following for goodies found on this page:
Carol Monson [won a kit through her!]
Scraptastic [the kit I won through Carol's INSPIRATIONAL blog!]
Meg's Garden [washi tape]
Happy Scrapping with all the NEW April challenges popping up left, right & centre:)
Lizzy ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Take more selfies...looking good! Love the background work and the outlining with a white pen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd do something fantastic, this is truly lovely Lizzy and your journaling really makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze me with how you interpret and complete challenges.. This looks amazing, and I remember records, still have a few of them too.. You are very clever to think of using a record/single on your layout when you are using a song for your theme.. great selfies too by the way!! love the film strips!! Wonderful take on this challenge!! Happy April 1st tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Lizzy! Love the journaling, the colours, the design, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMYGOSH!!! This is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the film strips and loving how the center circle looks like a record (to me at least! lol!) ... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very clever and cool layout Lizzy. Great idea to mimic a record and do the words around the edge. Nothing wrong with vinyl's I have a stack of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ! I loved it..specially the record.. so apt ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh No! I can't see your pages - the case file image is there but I'm just getting like a no entry symbol in grey and white where the photos should be ... it's some kind of pootery magic I'll be bound. I will check in again later and see if they've appeared!
    Also - this is a reminder Lizzy - don't forget to join in with WOYWW this week! hehehe
    Be there or be square :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great take on the colours this week Lisy and I love your D&M soliloquy on life. The record is an inspired touch….fantastic all round :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lizzy this is just absolutely fabulous! Love what you've done for this challenge! The colors are PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a funky clever retro layout. i also predate cds and clearly remember LP's and singles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lizzy this is super cool! Love the record look. I um...yeah, had records too when I was younger! Thanks for a "thinking page" and for sharing it with us! AND, for reloading all those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic page...love the record idea! Yep I am also pre- CD Lovely selfies too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a rocking page Lizzy! I love it. Such a cool take on the case file, love the record and your background x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)