About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

CARDS for CARDABILITIES, FEELING SKETCHY & CAS-ual FRIDAYS...

I seem to have less time to pop up my challenge posts these days, so it's 'all in one', so to speak!
My card:

 I've added some snow flake stamps, & I've masked some Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow gold ink that I got from the Zeus & Zoe store.
Apart from that, all the goodies used here are from my SCRAPTASTIC kit win [thanks to Carol Monson!]
And the sketch - I had to 'narrow' it down, due to the card shape:) And yes! A Chrissy card....I've replaced the banners with tags:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The sketch:
I was almost going to make you suffer my Ribbon Weaving card idea....but instead I went with a man card using washi tape!!

 Oh, I had FUN!!! That wooden hand has been painted with Faber-Castell Big Pens...it's a Squidy Pin, from the Scrap365 TRAPLET shop! LOOOVE them! The other wood is SODAlicious:)
An A Piece of Cake Designs cherry flair...& the background stripes have been formed using a 3rd Eye mask & Distress Inks! The yummy wood washi is also from Zeus & Zoe:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The challenge was to use TWO shades of grey - you can use other colours as well...
I find it hard to do CAS...but, you know, all the more reason to practice, right???!!!!
 I found this big 'jewel'...& sort of developed the card around it!!!!
I've used a silvery grey & then a darker grey - Gelatos. The stars are stamped & heat embossed.
Well, that's got the card making outta my system for a wee while:)
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

31 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations! Love the way each one has it's own 'wow' power! I am so loving seeing Christmas projects at this time.....my favorite holiday! Tks.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on our sketch! All the embellishments are really neat...and the papers, staples, etc. just make this card so adorable.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are wonderful, Lizzy. I love your washi weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* these are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am LOVING all that gold on the first one!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. I love that woodgrain washi and your CAS card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first card has to be one of the best cards I've seen. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look great Lizzy! I love how cards can be a creative fix when you really need one but cant find the time or mojo for a layout.. they are all wonderful.. and I guess the way the year is flying you may as well get some chrissy ones in as well.. love your male one too.. DD has gone well with getting the wisdom teeth out.. she is home now and in bed propped up.. I am being a good nurse checking on her... even made some jelly for her.. I havent given her a bell though.. I am not that good!!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a production machine! These are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, your output is incredible....these cards are just gorgeous Lizzy...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous interpretation of the cardabilities sketch ... You've rocked your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lizzy!! Three totally different cards, and each one fabulous!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lizzy! Christmas! Stop it ! it is fabulous though, I love the gold on it, my fave. They are all so different though and each wonderful in there own way

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're really good at this, card making I mean!! Wow! I thought you were more of a layout girl, but you just can do it all!! They are fab! and I just love that Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work and a good masculine card thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous selection and loving your "shades of grey" entry

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  16. l am always Happy to see your cards Lizzy..Today's cards are fab..Good you mentioned stamping snowflakes or I would have taken it as pp only :) loved how you replaced the banners in sketch with tags and the layering + gold .Liked the washi weaving ,very different idea and coming to the third one...Its trendy..!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! You've been busy! Love the bold pops of red on this dramatic card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards... and glad you showed up a closeup of the gold... it's really nice! Thanks for sharing it with us on Cardabilites this time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous cards! Especially love the first one !! hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful cards Lizzy! We certainly have a great 'past time' dont we!
    Love your washi on CS strips & great manly card you have designed for us - bet you use this one soon!
    Thank you for playing along at Feeling Sketchy.
    Debi - DT@Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful cards. Thank you for joining us this time at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Card!!! I love mix colours :D
    Thanks for join us at Cardabilites!
    Sara - Bee Happy Scrap
    http://beescrapbooking.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a fun, bold card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an interesting mix of colors you used on the Cardabilities sketch. I love it! Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are great. Really love the big red rhinestone!

    Thanks for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great take on Cardabilities sketch :)
    Thank you much for joining us on Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's so pretty! Thank you for joining us on Cardabilites this time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)