About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 8 March 2014

A Canvas for Zeus & Zoe.

Which is MOST unusual for me, I must say. And it's not really Mixed Media. Well, only a little. It's just I fell in looove with this Zeus & Zoe Etsy shop image....
 & as a little girl I LOOVED my paper dolls....so I decided to dress my Edwardian lady in like manner.
Because I fussy cut her out, the edge of her hat & shoulders were missing. So I've added lots of stamping & some masking around the background, & these areas so she doesn't look too weird.

Do you like her 'new' diamante necklace?
And how's about her pretty flower trimmed hat now???!!!
 Another blast from the past was finding this quote from Kahlil Gibran - I read 'The Prophet' assiduously as a late teen! So much wisdom...& I thought this one 'suited' my girl.
I have her hanging on my wall...a great reminder of making the most of today......hope you're making the most of yours & get a chance to get scrappy at some stage or another!
 
All the goodies here are from the Zeus & Zoe Etsy Store, apart from the stamps & the mask.....thanks for looking ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING that vintage gal and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful Lizzy!, such vintage loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love love the necklace!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lizzy you shoould do this more often - it is stunning!!!! I love that quote - Khalil Gibran is my absolute fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Canvas by Lizzy ...Wow.I loved how you have created the bg with colors frm the image.I find it diffcult to work with sepia toned images.You have done it fabulously ..loved the pop of colors with flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never dabbled in canvas work as it always looks so involved and with so many layers. You have truly created a wonderful canvas here Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE her, you have done a brilliant job, making it all work. I love the texture paste and her necklace and hat, just divine

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I love this canvas - love how you have dressed her up!! Her necklace is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quote so much, Lizzy! You did an amazing, amazing job with your wonderful paper doll. I loved them as a little girl, too - you brought back childhood memories for me. And I especially like the way you placed her hat, necklace, and the flowers. So creative and beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes...happy memories of childhood paper doll dressing for me too Lizzy. I had a diamanté necklace a bit like that too...soooo elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very pretty! Love her necklace,:)
    Fabulous quote too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)